/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Taqdeer/Fate Concept in Islam

yasirslm
06-07-2012, 09:03 AM
Dear Brothers/Sisters

:sl:

I am a little bit confused about the concept of Human Taqdeer/Fate as whenever some incident happens to a person like car accident and he dies, people say it was written in his Taqdeer/Fate.

Some people say that Human Taqdeer/Fate is predefined and human acts(Good/Bad) play a major role over Human Taqdeer/Fate.

Expert opinion is required in light of references.

Thanks and Regards.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~ Sabr ~
06-07-2012, 09:17 AM
:wasalamex

Taqdeer (Fate)

Du'a and it's relationship with destiny - Yasir Qadhi

Endymion
06-07-2012, 10:42 AM
I'm no expert but this hadith will guide you to some extent.And Inshallah some knowledgeable person will explain the matter to you Inshallah.

Narrated Anas bin Malik: The Prophet said,

"Allah has appointed an angel in the womb, and the angel says, 'O Lord! A drop of discharge (i.e. of semen), O Lord! a clot, O Lord! a piece of flesh.' And then, if Allah wishes to complete the child's creation, the angel will say. 'O Lord! A male or a female? O Lord! wretched or blessed (in religion)? What will his livelihood be? What will his age be?' The angel writes all this while the child is in the womb of its mother."
Bukhari / Book 4 / Volume 55 / Hadith 550

yasirslm
06-11-2012, 06:13 AM
Dear Brothers/Sisters,

Waiting.....^o)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
True-blue
06-11-2012, 06:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by yasirslm
Dear Brothers/Sisters,

Waiting.....
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah
Taqdeer (Fate)

Du'a and it's relationship with destiny - Yasir Qadhi
The links: http://www.inter-islam.org/faith/taqdeer.htm

http://www.khutbah.com/en/allah_angels/dua_destiny.php

Some links were given by sister Haafizah. Those are good read IMO.

~ Sabr ~
06-11-2012, 07:14 AM
Let me give you an example which might help you understand.

People say that Allaah has destined them to go to hell as Allaah writes down everything when we are in our Mother's womb.

However, Allaah only writes down what we will do in the future. He does not "make it up" and write it down as He goes along. He KNOWS what will happen, so that is written down when you are in your Mother's womb.

Makes sense?

Wa Allaahu Aalim

yasirslm
06-11-2012, 07:24 AM
Thanks

~ Sabr ~
06-11-2012, 07:26 AM
You're welcome brother

tango92
06-11-2012, 07:46 AM
Let me give you an example which might help you understand.

People say that Allaah has destined them to go to hell as Allaah writes down everything when we are in our Mother's womb.

However, Allaah only writes down what we will do in the future. He does not "make it up" and write it down as He goes along. He KNOWS what will happen, so that is written down when you are in your Mother's womb.

Makes sense?

Wa Allaahu Aalim
sister, make sure your 100% sure about what you write. I think this is a common misunderstanding among muslims.

try and find any reliable source to back your argument up. the concept of Qadr can never be fully understood or quantified as you are trying to do - this is why the scholars tell us not to spend time probing into it - rather understand its fundamentals, and accept them

~ Sabr ~
06-11-2012, 07:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
sister, make sure your 100% sure about what you write.
I am 100% sure sister, I have heard this from various lectures by various scholars.

Hence why I added Wa Allaahu Aalim.

Endymion
06-11-2012, 09:36 AM
I am 100% sure sister,
Tango was a brother a few minutes before :skeleton:

format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
this is why the scholars tell us not to spend time probing into it - rather understand its fundamentals, and accept them
I read a hadith from a very authentic source in which Muhammad SAW went offended on Sahaba's when they were discussing this matter.The hadith raise the same point as to not try to explore this matter in deep.If anyone can post the basic concept and the hadith i'm talking about,it will be of great help.I'll try to find it myself Inshallah :statisfie

yasirslm
06-12-2012, 04:58 AM

Does Human Taqdeer changes as he performs good deeds(Praying to God).

~ Sabr ~
06-12-2012, 06:04 AM
Your taqdeer is written when you are born. it is written that you will decide to do more good deeds, bad deeds etc .

I thought I already explained this !

yasirslm
06-12-2012, 06:15 AM
Your taqdeer is written when you are born. it is written that you will decide to do more good deeds, bad deeds etc .

I thought I already explained this !

Dear Sis,

You explained only what is Taqdeer...anywayz thanks

How is you Health now.

~ Sabr ~
06-12-2012, 07:18 AM
You explained only what is Taqdeer...anywayz thanks
Which was the answer to your question?

How is you Health now.
Not good, please do remember me in your du'as inshaAllaah

yasirslm
06-12-2012, 07:50 AM
Get well soon and God bless you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!