/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Pictures from Iran

glo
06-09-2012, 10:07 PM
I came across these amazing pictures from Iran. Never knew what a beautiful country it is!

http://www.amazfacts.com/2012/03/pic...n-51-pics.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
dqsunday
06-10-2012, 12:59 AM
Amazing pictures. Just goes to show Iran and other Middle Eastern countries have many wonders to reveal to us Westerners. They are not all desolate deserts and war torn cities. There is great beauty as well. Not to mention a very popular pet out here in the west has part of its natural range in Iran, the charming leopard gecko ;) Allahu Akbar

CosmicPathos
06-10-2012, 04:27 AM
surprised. Iran is one of the most beautiful countries.

BadOlPuttyTat
06-10-2012, 04:39 AM
i was randomly searching up green and mountainous areas for the fun of it. I wanted to find a place with mountains and nice forests all in one and Iran, Turkey and japan came up. I got in to geography for some odd reason. But people fail to realize that past iraq it is Persian lands and Persians ARE NOT Arabs. I hear jokes from racist folk calling the people in Turkey or any Persian country "sand-n*ggers" which is a racist term for Arabs. They fail to realize Arabs and Persians are not the same people or culture. They also think Persian means the old Persia like in the movie 300, so they dont know that "Persians" still exist now a days.
I once told a friend I would like to live in Turkey and he thought Turkey was a warzone and filled with desert and the same for Indonesia. I asked why he thought that and he innocently asked "they are Muslims correct?". So being a Muslim means you have to live in sand and a dry desert apparently? OH THE IGNORANCE!
This is why i enjoy chat sites and meeting random people online. People believe Saudi Arabia is a warzone and japan is a third world country that is poor!
The minute Ahmadinejad is out of office I will happily take a vacation to Iran! And perhaps pick up a few Persian rugs :statisfie . Cant beat the Kurdish territories! Mountainous are pleasant. Thanks GLO for breaking this stereotype.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Aprender
06-10-2012, 05:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by FreakOffALeash
Thanks GLO for breaking this stereotype.
Won't say she broke the stereotype. The comments obviously show otherwise.

But thanks for posting the photos, glo. They are really nice to look at. :)

TrueStranger
06-10-2012, 05:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aprender
Won't say she broke the stereotype. The comments obviously show otherwise.

But thanks for posting the photos, glo. They are really nice to look at. :)
I agree, those comments showed hatred that no knowledge or beauty could erase. They are not ignorant, just hate filled.

glo
06-10-2012, 06:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by TrueStranger
I agree, those comments showed hatred that no knowledge or beauty could erase. They are not ignorant, just hate filled.
Which comments are you talking about?

Edit: Ignore question. I found the comments you were talking about ...:hmm:

Thing is, people may not react positively straight away and may try to hang on to their stereotypes. But every time you dare to step outside you box and catch a glimpse of something from a different angle, you may just allow you perception to change slightly. And gradually, very gradually, stereotypes are eroded.

Of course pictures of beautiful scenery will not change people's perceptions of political regimes etc. That will have do by done by actions and deeds, rather than photographs.

There are many positive comments too though:
"Beautiful pictures. Where are the beautiful people?";

"Iran is a great country with great people.";

"Thank God for blessing this earth with such beauty..as for the people..they too r just like in any other country..lets not let 'Politics' corrupt our thoughts about something/someone we don't have first hand (true)knowledge of!!!" (< How lovely!);

"Awesome. The colors in the pictures are magnificent. It gives a different perspective of the nation of Iran."

:statisfie

CosmicPathos
06-10-2012, 07:40 AM
freaofftheleash: you dont deserve Persian rugs. Hoping that Ahmedinijad stays in office and gives you hell.

BadOlPuttyTat
06-10-2012, 08:34 AM
couldnt read lol.

delete post

MustafaMc
06-10-2012, 11:21 AM
Nice pictures, glo, but the heart of Iran is the people, not the scenery.

I have a lot of respect for the Iranian people. They dared to stand alone in standing up to the USA by holding the Americans from the embassy hostage. Unfortuantely, the decision to hold them until after the election was probably critical to the election of Reagan over Carter in the 1980 election. The result of Reagan getting elected was his vodoo economics which was a prime factor in getting us to our present worldwide economic situation. The tremendous sacrifices of the Iranian people to repulse the US-supported Iraqi invasion shows the strength of that country. The president of Iran, Ahmadinejad, is one of only a few national leaders who dares to speak out against the USA and to call into question the validity of the official 9/11 story. I only hope that Israel does not attack Iran and pull the USA into an all out war with them that will likely spark WWIII.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!