/* */

PDA

View Full Version : NYC area- New revert looking for mosque to attend

NYCrevert
06-10-2012, 03:56 AM
Hello to all!

Although I have not said my shahada yet, I am planning on doing it very soon iA (when I can put my whole heart and soul into it...I am almost there I feel it!)

Anyways, I'm looking for a Sunni Islam mosque to attend. Classes for reverts/sisters would be great but not necessary. I am open to traveling within NYC- but Nassau County, LI is a possibility, too. Ideally I would like to stay in Queens/Manhattan/or possibly Brooklyn. I'm just looking for a place where my love for Allah can grow and I can be an active part of the ummah. Unfortunately, I have no sisters who I can go to for advice on anything so a strong sister presence at the mosque would be ideal. I don't even know how to properly put on a hijab :-(. If anyone could help, I would greatly appreciate it!!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
06-10-2012, 04:07 AM
:sl: sis,
and Ma shaa Allah wonderful heart warming news indeed.
There's a of course the Islamic center of NYC up in the 90's which I wouldn't recommend, and a humble mosque on 401 E. 11th St. at First Ave. which I highly recommend.. across from there you'll find veniero's pastries a few Algerians and Moroccans work there too so they can tell you about their safe deserts to eat as that's definitely a cause to celebrate =)
The only mosque I know that offers classes is in NJ which is not in the demographics you seek.. perhaps you can ask someone at the mosque if private tutoring can be arranged..

~ Sabr ~
06-10-2012, 07:35 AM
Hi

When will you be saying your shahadah?

There are lots of sisters on this forum who, I am sure, would be more than willing to help out.

A person can keep in contact with Skype, msn and whatsapp also, if they are not near you.

NYCrevert
06-13-2012, 06:05 AM
Thank you for your kind posts :statisfie i plan on saying it once i find a mosque i find comfortable to go to for congregational prayer and things like that.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!