/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I'm back.... And Muslim now!

Kyle
06-10-2012, 08:44 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah!
This is my second attempt at writing my introduction, because the last time I wrote way too much, lol. I will try to simplify this post!
So my name is Kyle, and I am a Junior Sociology major at the University of Texas at San Antonio. Though I was born and raised in Austin. I have been on a spiritual journey for 6 years, at least! I remember one time seeing on television some Muslims protesting a movie about Jesus, so I decided to do some googling. After doing some googling, I was intrigued that Muslims believed in Jesus. I started reading, reading, reading, and I was amazed. But let me be honest... I am a die-hard liberal. The most liberal person someone will ever meet. So, I didn't want to become Muslim because I felt it was too conservative. So, I was still reading on Islam but I wanted to enhance my faith as a Catholic. I started going to Church and reading the Bible, but the more I read, the more disenchanted I became. The Bible was just full of flaws and made no sense.
So I left Christianity and claimed to be agnostic, though in my heart I knew Islam was the truth. (For a few years, I was obsessed with trying to disprove Islam. Didn't work.) So I accepted Islam as true but did not want to become a Muslim due to my liberalness. Well, going to college was great and moving away from home really gave me a chance to meet new people, go to a mosque, etc. So, I met up with this revert at Starbucks and we talked for an hour or so. I was moved by how sweet and proud she was to be a Muslimah. I knew in a matter of time I would have to accept it. One day, a scholar came to the University to have a lecture (Sh. Omar Suleiman!) I attended the lecture and was amazed at how friendly Muslims were. Prior to college, I was a wild liberal who thought all Muslims were rude simply because of forums where people get too crazy, lol. Well, I said my shahadah that day, and have been a Muslim since! No one knows except fellow Muslims and a few friends, but I have kept it secret from my family because they are devout Catholics and I just don't think the time is right.
So now I am a Muslim, alhumdullillah! Still need to improve on saying my prayers and memorizing ayats, but insha allah I will do that soon.
So there's my story. There is so much more to it, but it would be long as all get-out. I am still a very liberal person, but I have learned that Islam is not so conservative. It is moderate. Yes, many things are sinful, but privacy is valued and this life is nothing but a test! Though I am still far from perfect, I'm trying to correct my ways and differentiate between my liberalness and Islam.

There's my story in a nutshell! I should probably make a video and discuss my reversion, as it is a long and interesting story.
I look forward to learning more about Islam on this forum and I hope to make some online pals, or even meet some fellow San Antonians. I know the Bible front and back, and know quite a lot about fiqh and aqeedah. I hope to continue my studies and attend the masjid when I can. Islam is a beautiful religion, and while it is sad that it took six years for me to see that, better late than never.

Wa salaam!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
06-10-2012, 08:50 AM
Allahu akbar! Welcome to Islam brother Kyle. :statisfie

Whenever anyone accepted Islam, the Prophet (SAW) used to teach him how to pray then he would instruct him to invoke Allah with the following words:

Allaahummaghfir lee, warhamnee, wahdinee, wa 'aafinee warzuqnee.

O Allah forgive me, and have mercy on me and guide me and give me good health and provide for me. Reference: Muslim 4/2073, and in one of Muslim's reports there is the addition: 'For these words combine [the goodness of] this world and the next.'

http://www.islamawareness.net/Dua/Fortress/130.html

Hulk
06-10-2012, 08:53 AM
Wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa baraktuh.

Welcome to Islam bro. The one problem with forums is that ego often takes control so it's not exactly the best place to observe people. I'm glad that you have accepted Islam as the truth and I hope that you will continue on a path of knowledge to strength your faith!

~ Sabr ~
06-10-2012, 09:00 AM
:wasalamex

:welcome: to the forum brother

Hope you have a beneficial stay here InshaAllaah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Qurratul Ayn
06-10-2012, 09:00 AM

Welcome to Islaam, Brother Kyle!!!

format_quote Originally Posted by Kyle
(For a few years, I was obsessed with trying to disprove Islam. Didn't work.)
:lol: It will never work

So now I am a Muslim, alhumdullillah!
Alhamdulilliah!

privacy is valued and this life is nothing but a test
Yep, yep, yep!

Islam is a beautiful religion, and while it is sad that it took six years for me to see that, better late than never.
Indeed, better late than never!!!

Subhan'Allaah!

Welcome to the forum!!!

Insha'Allaah, you shall learn even more and find this forum beneficial!

:salamext:

Periwinkle18
06-10-2012, 10:54 AM
OMG Allah o akhbar!!!

:D mabrooooooook akhi

welcome to the forum :)

~Zaria~
06-10-2012, 11:01 AM
SubhanAllah!

Reading your story sent chills through me (as do many revert stories).

I never cease to be amazed at how merciful our Rabb is, and how in His special way, He guides people all over the globe towards Him.
I was born a muslim, but for much of my life, my heart never really knew my Creator or His messenger (sallalahu alaihi wasalam).
In a different sort of way, I too feel that I have 'reverted' back to the true calling of life, Alhamdulillah!

Imaan is the GREATEST gift from Allah onto his slaves!

Few realise this.....and many of those who profess to be muslim do not appreciate it.

Brother, Allah truly loves you - to have chosen you to be a follower of this deen.

In return, all He asks for is our Submission unto HIM - for this short duration of this thing called life.
Its not much - considering we owe our very existence to Him.
SubhanAllah.

Welcome to Islam, and welcome to IB!

Hope that we will be able to help you on this journey in some way, insha Allah.

:wa:

Pure Purple
06-10-2012, 11:57 AM
Mashaallah
Brother you have chosen a right path may allah(swt) strengthen your and our iman and shower his blessings.

PouringRain
06-10-2012, 12:22 PM
Welcome (back?) to the forum.

Sumaiya54
06-10-2012, 01:39 PM
Masha'Allah welcome to Islam :)
May Allah SWT strengthen your imam Ameen

Salaam

Muslim Woman
06-10-2012, 01:54 PM
:sl:

Alhamdulillah.

Waiting to see ur video , my brother in Islam .

When u became Muslim ? I did not notice any date / yr.

peace_maker
06-10-2012, 02:15 PM
Subhanallah! Mashallah! Welcome to the beautiful religion of Islam. May Allah keep you steadfast in your faith.

Scimitar
06-10-2012, 02:45 PM
Alhamdulillah,

Welcome back to the forum bro.

A good source of info: www.kalamullah.com (free downloads of pdf, audio etc)

Also, to help you memorize faster, here is a site where you can download Full Quran Audio with translation for free, as well as Quran recitations. Many different Qari's / reciters there. One of my faves is Mishary Rashid al Afasy. :) www.quranicaudio.com

Scimi

Txyib
06-10-2012, 03:51 PM
salaam
hop on board brother on a journey where you shall increase your knowledge upon islam and you will be treated nicely and you may even answer other peoples questions and posts as well as you can ask questions about islam or anything else without no reason so dont hesisitate and ask the ulama on this webpage or even the admins as they have high form of ilm and will try and help you with your concerns
btw subhannallah you have become a muslim and believe in the five pillars of islam -LA ILLAH HA ILLALAH HU MUHAMMAMADUR RASOOL ALLAH
May Allah Grant You To Be A Sincere And Noble Muslim (ameen birahmati kaya arhamur rahemeen)
wasalam
TaYiB

جوري
06-10-2012, 03:52 PM
Allah Akbar..:welcome: aboard..

dqsunday
06-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Welcome to the board. I do agree forums can get heated...I think its due to the fact its far easier to write than talk to somebody face to face. Also, it is often far easier to hold our tongues..than hold our 'fingers' ;)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-11-2012, 06:21 PM

Allaahu Akbar!

Welcome to Islaam and welcome back on board!

May your stay here be of benefit, inshaa'Allaah..

jameelash
06-11-2012, 07:06 PM
salam,u haven chosen the right path.may ALlah ,s guide always with u

Muhaba
06-11-2012, 08:08 PM
alhamdu lillah! All praise is for Allah.

I am happy for you for having found your way. Welcome to the site.

Kyle
06-12-2012, 05:30 AM
Thank you everyone for your generous hospitality and support! Insha Allah I will learn a lot from this forum and increase my imaan! I reverted in February, and so far everything has been great. I look forward to speaking with you guys and once again, thank you all so much for the hospitality! I am so blessed to be a Muslim and all praise to Allah (swt) for guiding me

Kyle
06-16-2012, 10:25 PM
Here is the video I told you guys about! Please excuse the sound, I will try to fix that for future references.

youtube /watch?v=B09KHarFNiU

Hulk
06-17-2012, 02:40 AM
Thanks for sharing man it was very interesting. Remember not to rush in learning aites!

Tawangar
06-17-2012, 01:26 PM
:sl:
:welcome:
Ahlan wa sahlan, marhaba.
The house of Islam is now your house.

IbnAbdulHakim
06-17-2012, 03:04 PM
welcome to islam dear brother, Assalamu Alaikum :)

Futuwwa
06-26-2012, 12:22 PM
Jacques... is that you?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!