/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Shaytaan's fashion?

BadOlPuttyTat
06-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Back in the olden days of America when the Bible Belt was a Bible Curtain. There was a belief that if women wore makeup, pants, thongs, or a man's t shirt they were an abomination to god. Yes such a thought existed people! Before the modern liberal America.

Are there any fashions forbidden amongst Muslims and especially Muslimahs? As we all know women are more fashionable compared to men. Us men have a habit of wearing whatever clothes are available and walking out the house looking like a discolored monkey.
So if a faithful Muslimah walked by JCPenny's and saw a beautiful skirt but it only went to her knees, would she be able to wear it? If a Muslim walked into JCPenny's and say a nice pair of shorts that went down to his knees would he be able to wear them? Can Muslimahs wear t-shirts and skinny jeans like everyone else (because I have seen MANY muslimahs do so)? If it is a hot summer day can a Muslim man throw on a pair of speedos and hit the beach? And can a Muslimah wear a two piece bikini and follow along?

Is make-up (The Devils Paint as old Christians would call it) really forbidden?

Also is it wrong for a muslim man to have long hair like I once had?
I had thick hair over 2 feet long although now I just wear my hair in a Mohawk which I have become fond of lately.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
06-10-2012, 10:47 PM
Greetings FreakOffALeash,

format_quote Originally Posted by FreakOffALeash
And can a Muslimah wear a two piece bikini and follow along?
The answer to most of this is pretty obvious, is it not? In your journey through the Qur'an, I hope you will have come across the following verses:

And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like palms of hands or one eye or both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer dress like veil, gloves, head-cover, apron, etc.), and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms, etc.) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husband's sons, their brothers or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islam), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful. [An-Nur: 31]

O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies (i.e.screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allah is Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. [Al-Ahzaab: 59]

Abz2000
06-10-2012, 11:33 PM

BadOlPuttyTat
06-10-2012, 11:39 PM
^ Muhammad

I recall reading An-Nur: 31. But I am so astonished by how many Muslims break these commandments. :hmm: . You can even pull pics off the internet clearly displaying this with Western muslims

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BadOlPuttyTat
06-10-2012, 11:48 PM
That video made MY DAY! I have never made this man any attention as I am not into boxing. Muhammad Ali speaks so much truth. I couldnt agree with him more and I am 18 lol. I find women dressing like *****s so repulsive. I immediately start thinking about how wayward they are and I think of them as diseased or having some STD lol. It is subconsciousness and perhaps a bit weird but that is how I think. I am so conservative despite having semi-liberal parents
I am officially the worlds oldest teenager :statisfie .

Muhammad
06-11-2012, 04:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FreakOffALeash
I recall reading An-Nur: 31. But I am so astonished by how many Muslims break these commandments. :hmm: . You can even pull pics off the internet clearly displaying this with Western muslims
We have to realise that not everyone has the same level of faith and knowledge, and we do not live in a perfect world. We also have to be careful about jumping to conclusions about people.

glo
06-11-2012, 04:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
Greetings FreakOffALeash,

The answer to most of this is pretty obvious, is it not? In your journey through the Qur'an, I hope you will have come across the following verses:

And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like palms of hands or one eye or both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer dress like veil, gloves, head-cover, apron, etc.), and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms, etc.) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husband's sons, their brothers or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islam), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful. [An-Nur: 31]

O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies (i.e.screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allah is Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. [Al-Ahzaab: 59]
It's interesting that - although not being a Muslim - I have never liked the thought of men looking at my body. And the older I get, the more strongly I feel about it!

And it's not something I do for my husband's sake, because he seems much more relaxed abut it that I am ...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!