/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Love and the Last Hour!

~ Sabr ~
06-11-2012, 08:23 AM
:salamext:

Anas b. Malik [radiAllaahu anhu] reported:

RasoolAllaah :saws: and I were coming out of the mosque that we met a person on the threshold of the mosque and he said to RasoolAllaah :saws:: When would be the Last Hour?

RasoolAllaah :saws: said: What preparation have you made for that?

The man became silent and then said: Ya RasoolAllaah, I have made no significant preparation with prayer and fasting and charity but I, however, love Allaah and His Messenger.

Thereupon RasoolAllaah :saws: said: You would be along with one whom you love.

[Saheeh Muslim, Book #032, Hadith #6382]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
06-11-2012, 09:53 AM
wa'alaiumussalam wr wb,
MashaAllah nice hadeeth ukhti, thanks for the reminder,
Amazing how the messenger of Allah (pbuh) said so much so deep and in such a concise sentence.
was just thinking, although it's easy to express love with the mouth, it's pointless when void of substance.
better to say it if you mean it.

here's another example of how he kept it nice and short,

Shaddad Ibn Al-Haad(RA) narrated: "A Bedouin came to the Prophet(SAW), accepted Islam and said: 'I wish to migrate (to Madinah)'. So the Prophet(SAW) asked some of his companions to take care of him. Then after a battle, the Muslims had gained some booty so the Prophet(SAW) divided it and gave the Bedouin's share to some of his companions to look after, as the Bedouin was still at the rearguard. When the Bedouin returned, they gave him his share, so he asked them: 'What is this?' they replied: 'It is your share from the booty which the Prophet(SAW) gave us to hold on to for you.'
So the Bedouin took the booty and went to the Prophet(SAW) and asked: 'What is this?'
The Prophet(SAW) replied: "Your share of the booty."
The Bedouin said: 'This is not why I believe in you and follow you; rather, I follow you so that I can get shot by an arrow right here, (and then he pointed to his throat) then die and enter Paradise.'
The Prophet(SAW) said: "If you are sincere then Allah will grant you your wish."
After a short while, fighting resumed and the Bedouins body was brought to the Prophet(SAW) with an arrow in his throat at exactly the spot where he had pointed to the Prophet(SAW).
Thereupon The Prophet(SAW) said: "He was sincere so Allah granted him his wish."
Then using his own garment, the Prophet(SAW) shrouded the Bedouin, prayed the funeral prayer over him and was heard by his companions to say during the prayer: "O Allah! This is Your slave who migrated for Your sake and was killed as a martyr - and I testify to this".

~ Sabr ~
06-11-2012, 09:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
rather, I follow you so that I can get shot by an arrow right here, (and then he pointed to his throat) then die and enter Paradise.'
SubhaanAllaah!!!!!! Have you got a reference for this hadith brother?

Endymion
06-11-2012, 10:43 AM
Subhanallah,im jealous imsad

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~ Sabr ~
06-11-2012, 10:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
Subhanallah,im jealous imsad
This applies to all of RasoolAllaah :saws:'s Ummah

Insaanah
06-11-2012, 10:50 AM
:sl:

Reference and Arabic text:

أَخْبَرَنَا سُوَيْدُ بْنُ نَصْرٍ، قَالَ أَنْبَأَنَا عَبْدُ اللَّهِ، عَنِ ابْنِ جُرَيْجٍ، قَالَ أَخْبَرَنِي عِكْرِمَةُ بْنُ خَالِدٍ، أَنَّ ابْنَ أَبِي عَمَّارٍ، أَخْبَرَهُ عَنْ شَدَّادِ بْنِ الْهَادِ، أَنَّ رَجُلاً، مِنَ الأَعْرَابِ جَاءَ إِلَى النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَآمَنَ بِهِ وَاتَّبَعَهُ ثُمَّ قَالَ أُهَاجِرُ مَعَكَ ‏.‏ فَأَوْصَى بِهِ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم بَعْضَ أَصْحَابِهِ فَلَمَّا كَانَتْ غَزْوَةٌ غَنِمَ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم سَبْيًا فَقَسَمَ وَقَسَمَ لَهُ فَأَعْطَى أَصْحَابَهُ مَا قَسَمَ لَهُ وَكَانَ يَرْعَى ظَهْرَهُمْ فَلَمَّا جَاءَ دَفَعُوهُ إِلَيْهِ فَقَالَ مَا هَذَا قَالُوا قِسْمٌ قَسَمَهُ لَكَ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏.‏ فَأَخَذَهُ فَجَاءَ بِهِ إِلَى النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَقَالَ مَا هَذَا قَالَ ‏"‏ قَسَمْتُهُ لَكَ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالَ مَا عَلَى هَذَا اتَّبَعْتُكَ وَلَكِنِّي اتَّبَعْتُكَ عَلَى أَنْ أُرْمَى إِلَى هَا هُنَا - وَأَشَارَ إِلَى حَلْقِهِ بِسَهْمٍ - فَأَمُوتَ فَأَدْخُلَ الْجَنَّةَ ‏.‏ فَقَالَ ‏"‏ إِنْ تَصْدُقِ اللَّهَ يَصْدُقْكَ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ فَلَبِثُوا قَلِيلاً ثُمَّ نَهَضُوا فِي قِتَالِ الْعَدُوِّ فَأُتِيَ بِهِ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم يُحْمَلُ قَدْ أَصَابَهُ سَهْمٌ حَيْثُ أَشَارَ فَقَالَ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏"‏ أَهُوَ هُوَ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالُوا نَعَمْ ‏.‏ قَالَ ‏"‏ صَدَقَ اللَّهَ فَصَدَقَهُ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ ثُمَّ كَفَّنَهُ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم فِي جُبَّةِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم ثُمَّ قَدَّمَهُ فَصَلَّى عَلَيْهِ فَكَانَ فِيمَا ظَهَرَ مِنْ صَلاَتِهِ ‏"‏ اللَّهُمَّ هَذَا عَبْدُكَ خَرَجَ مُهَاجِرًا فِي سَبِيلِكَ فَقُتِلَ شَهِيدًا أَنَا شَهِيدٌ عَلَى ذَلِكَ ‏"‏ ‏.‏

It was narrated from Shaddaad bin Al-Haad that:
A man from among the Bedouins came to the Prophet :saws: and believed in him and followed him, then he said: "I will emigrate with you." The Prophet :saws: told one of his Companions to look after him. During one battle the Prophet :saws: got some booty as spoils of war, and he distributed them, giving him (that Bedouin) a share. His Companions gave him what had been allocated to him. He had been looking after some livestock for them, and when he came they gave him his share. He said: "What is this?" They said: "A share that the Prophet has allocated to you." He took it and brought it to the Prophet :saws: and said: "What is this?" He said: "I allocated it to you." He said: "It is not for this that I followed you. Rather I followed you so that I might be shot here - and he pointed to his throat - with an arrow and die and enter Paradise." He said: "If you are sincere toward Allah, Allah will fulfill your wish." Shortly after that they got up to fight the enemy, then he was brought to the Prophet, struck by an arrow where he had pointed to. The Prophet said: "Is it him?" They said: "Yes." He said: "He was sincere toward Allah and Allah fulfilled his wish." Then the Prophet :saws: shrouded him in his own cloak and had him in front of him and offered the (funeral) prayer for him. During his supplication he said: "O Allah, this is Your slave who went out as a emigrant (Muhajir) for your sake and was killed as a martyr; I am a witness to that. (Sahih) .

Sunan an Nasai - English reference: Vol. 3, Book 1, Hadith 1955, Arabic reference: Book 21, Hadith 1965

Source: http://sunnah.com/urn/1071360

~ Sabr ~
06-11-2012, 10:52 AM
SubhaanAllaah, Allaahu Akbar!!!

Al-Mufarridun
06-11-2012, 11:17 AM
:sl:

the last hadith reminded me of Mus'ab(ra), the battle of uhud and this verse :cry:

Among the believers are men true to what they promised Allah . Among them is he who has fulfilled his vow [to the death],
and among them is he who awaits [his chance]. And they did not alter [the terms of their commitment] by any alteration -

-Surat Al-'Ahzab verse 23

------------------

Oh Allah! Make the best part of our life the end of it,
And the last of our deeds the best one,
And the best of our days, the day we meet you.

Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!