/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Meeting Shaykh Yunus Jaunpuri

Tawangar
06-11-2012, 08:43 AM
:sl:
By the efforts and grace of Shaykh al-Hadith Hanif Luharvi and Mawlana Abu Uzair Junaid, this worthless servant had the opportunity to meeting and shaking hands with Shaykh Yunus Jaunpuri (db), Shaykh al-Hadith of Mazahir al-'Uloom, Saharanpur yesterday. A Jalsa was organised in Shaykh Hanif's Madrasa in Kharod, Gujarat for the Khatm-e-Bukhari of the students. Afterwards, despite his obvious ill health, Shaykh Yunus spoke for about 45 minutes to the students. It was a very academic talk, most of which I could not understand. May Allah make the 'ilm of the Deen easy for us and may he lengthen the shadow of the 'Ulama-e-Haqq on us. Thanks are due to Shaykh Hanif and Mawlana Junaid. May Allah bless them with His friendship.
Wa salam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~ Sabr ~
06-11-2012, 08:44 AM
...Who?

Tawangar
06-11-2012, 08:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah
...Who?
Shaykh Yunus Jaunpuri. Here is a small article on him:

Shaykh al-Hadith Mawlana Yunus Jaunpuri’s[1] Passion for Hadith[2]

Translated by Abu Unaysah

After discussing Shaykh al-Hadith Mawlana Yunus Jaunpuri’s standing among contemporary hadith scholars, Mawlana Muhammad Nazim Nadwi writes:

“In truth he has remained preoccupied with hadith from the beginning and has immersed himself in it. He himself relates: ‘Whenever I receive money from someone, I purchase books on hadith with it. Whenever my respected teacher Qutb al-‘Arab wa ’l-‘Ajam [Imam Shaykh al-Hadith Mawlana Muhammad Zakariyya Kandhlawi] offered me money as a gift, I would use it to purchase some of his works.’ His residence contains a private collection of books on hadith, the like of which is extremely rare in the Sub-Continent. In fact, even the largest libraries are bereft of such great works. In spite of this, during his travels for Hajj he visits bookshops in search of new books. This is in spite of the fact that after walking the rugged and uneven paths of the Hijaz he experiences difficulty in breathing and his forehead becomes covered in sweat. However, in spite of this condition, only those who are somewhat acquainted with him can appreciate his academic excellence and extreme passion for study.

This is his state while he has many illnesses. He has been enveloped by illnesses from the very beginning. He has been ill since he first began travelling to Mani Kalan, which is a little distance from his home, to study. After being admitted at Mazahir-e-‘Ulum his illness worsened.

He relates, ‘Hadhrat Shaykh[3] (may Allah shower His mercy upon him) himself once said to me, “Your health has deteriorated; return home. Blood is coming out of your mouth.” I said, “Hadhratwala,[4] if I am to die, I will die here.” Upon this Hadhrat Shaykh remarked, “Then remain here!”’ From then on he remained at Mazahir-e-‘Ulum and with hadith.”

[1] He is among the senior students and khalifas (successors in tasawwuf) of Imam Shaykh al-Hadith Mawlana Muhammad Zakariyya Kandhlawi (1898-1982 CE). He has been teaching the Sahih of Imam al-Bukhari for over forty years at the famed Islamic seminary, Mazahir-e-‘Ulum in Saharanpur (UP, India) after having been appointed to do so by his noble teacher and Shaykh.

[2] Translated from Al-Yawaqit al-Ghaliyah fi Tahqiq wa Takhrij al-Ahadith al-‘Aliyah, volume 1, first edition (Majlis Da‘wat al-Haq, UK, p.12-13).

[3] This is the honorary title used by many of Imam Shaykh al-Hadith Mawlana Muhammad Zakariyya’s students and khalifas when referring to him.

[4] An honorary title often used when referring to one’s shaykh.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!