/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what are Buddhists doing to the Muslims of Myanmar?

جوري
06-11-2012, 07:12 PM
Buddhist vigilantes kill 9 Muslims in Myanmar bus attack

Aung Hla Tun Reuters 6:00 a.m. CDT, June 4, 2012

YANGON (Reuters) - Buddhist vigilantes in western Myanmar attacked a bus and killed nine Muslims, police said on Monday, the deadliest communal violence in the region since a reformist government took power a year ago.

The bus was besieged near Taunggoke town in the western state of Rakhine on Sunday evening by a group who blamed some of its passengers for the murder of a Buddhist woman a week ago, said residents and politicians. One of those killed was travelling in a separate car.

Rakhine is home to Myanmar's largest concentration of Muslims, but their presence is often resented by the Buddhist majority. The resentment is particularly sharp for Rohingya Muslims, whose roots date back to the nineteenth century when they were brought to the country as laborers by colonial power Britain.

Ko Kyaw Lay, a Muslim human rights activist in the region who belongs to an opposition party, said none of those killed were Rohingyas.

Police could not immediately confirm details of the violence.

"An investigation is underway but I can't give you any further details," said a police official who requested anonymity.

In a separate incident on Sunday in Sittwe, the Rakhine capital, 10 people were shot and wounded when riot police tried to break up a protest, witnesses said. They said the rally by about 200 people was unrelated to the attack on the bus.

Protesters threw stones at police and a 13-year-old novice monk was among those wounded, witnesses said.

Myanmar is one of Southeast Asia's most ethnically diverse countries, where sectarian and ethnic tension persists despite a new political climate and broad reforms by a civilian-led government that says it has made peace and national unity a priority since it replaced a military junta 15 months ago.

In the case of the bus attack, Taunggoke resident Kyaw Min said the Buddhists "were angered by the authorities' handling" of an attack on a woman who people in the area said was raped by several men and then killed.

Just before Sunday's attack, leaflets bearing a photo of the woman and describing the rape were distributed in the area.

"ATTACK ON PILGRIMS"

Several residents, who declined to be identified, said the Muslims on the bus were not from the area and were on a visit to Rakhine state. They suggested those killed may not have been the perpetrators of the reported rape and murder.

In a joint statement, eight overseas-based Rohingya rights groups condemned the attack on "Muslim pilgrims", which they said came after months of anti-Rohingya propaganda stirred up by "extremists and xenophobes".

A spokesman for the coalition, Tun Khin, said that although those killed were not ethnic Rohingyas, the groups were concerned about the plight of Muslims in Myanmar. They called on the government to treat Muslims fairly and tackle "Rakhine terrorism".

Residents were also on edge after the Sittwe demonstration. Shopkeeper Thein Kyaw said the protest erupted outside a police station after hired thugs attacked and detained business operators who refused to pay over-inflated taxes.

Demonstrations were extremely rare under Myanmar's former military rulers but are becoming more frequent as the public voices discontent over issues such as land ownership and chronic power shortages, which led to peaceful marches by hundreds of people in several towns and cities last month.

Legalization of public protests is among reforms implemented by President Thein Sein, a former junta general.

But the speedy moves to liberalize are a test of the security forces' tolerance of dissent in the former Burma. The changing political landscape has also seen Internet and media censorship significantly reduced.

Hla Saw, secretary general of the Rakhine Nationalities Development Party, blamed the state government for "mismanagement" of the tax issue and said his party was due to meet state officials to try to resolve the conflict.

(Additional reporting by Andrew R. C. Marshall in Bangkok; Writing by Martin Petty; Editing by Raju Gopalakrishnan and Robert Birsel)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/s...,3703361.story

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
06-11-2012, 07:14 PM

جوري
06-11-2012, 07:15 PM
ah.. no one has heard of the Muslims of myanmar or what? it doesn't make for good 10 O news like the Talibs being chased by locals? Everyone is peaceful I know except those bloody Muslims!

Aprender
06-11-2012, 07:19 PM
O_O ... why

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
06-11-2012, 07:23 PM
That's a question to pose to our our Buddhist pals along with why this receives no media coverage.. Tell me honestly have you heard of this before I posted it? It is dated June 4th and not the only attack of its kind.. a few days for the info. to disseminate or be swept under the rug completely and that's usually the case when violence is perpetrated against Muslims.. but they'll bring you any counter attack as instigated by Muslims.. there you have it!

Aprender
06-11-2012, 07:24 PM
I heard that they didn't want a mosque to be built over there or something but I didn't know about ALL of this...I don't even know what to say...

Darth Ultor
06-11-2012, 07:27 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if there are many people in the world who never even heard of Myanmar (as in they still call it Burma), let alone this. I mean, is the military junta still running things?

جوري
06-11-2012, 07:33 PM
It doesn't look like Junta that areare running around doing the killing and destroying...

Endymion
06-11-2012, 07:37 PM
Thats really surprising to me.I read that these buddhist don't even hurt ants.Whats their problem with the masjid?

جوري
06-11-2012, 07:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
Thats really surprising to me.I read that these buddhist don't even hurt ants.Whats their problem with the masjid?
or civilians on the bus. Everyone can proclaim their peaceful. Christians do it all the time..

:w:

Insaanah
06-11-2012, 08:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by لميس
what are Buddhists doing to the Muslims of Myanmar?
Not just Myanmar, but Sri Lanka as well, where buddhist monks spearheaded violence, storming and attacking a mosque.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17816285

جوري
06-11-2012, 08:12 PM
Yup.. sob7an Allah.. isn't this the sort of thing we should be made aware of, not whether or not the locals are chasing out the talibs?
Amazing isn't it? just how deep the hypocrisy and hatred .. I am surprised this even got any mention.. So where's the cynical crowd who rear their heads like vultures otherwise?

Muhaba
06-11-2012, 08:27 PM
Muslims living amongst nonmuslims are sinners if they don't preach to them. if they preached, the nonmuslims would slowly convert. at least they'd be in awe of the muslims and wouldn't be able to harm them. but when the muslims don't preach, the nonmuslims are not getting what is their right on the muslims, that is, guidance.

The same happened in India some 10 years ago when hindus attacked muslim trains and burnt many muslims. the muslims were living with the hindus like brothers and sisters but they didn't preach to them.

so if muslims want to be protected from this sort of thing, they should preach to the nonmuslims living around them.

i'm not saying it's alright for nonmuslims to do this, but the muslims are sinning when they don't do what is their obligation, that is preaching. And unfortunately, muslims are lacking in this field. they hardly ever preach.

جوري
06-11-2012, 08:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by WRITER
muslims are lacking in this field. they hardly ever preach.
My humble opinion is that Muslims should perfect their religion before they preach.. what do you think? If we know our religion half of the way, and preach is a quarter of the way and they convert one eight of the way, how does that work exactly? They become a liability not something to be happy about-- we shouldn't really be after numbers quantity doesn't matter if the quality sucks..

Darth Ultor
06-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Muslims living amongst nonmuslims are sinners if they don't preach to them. if they preached, the nonmuslims would slowly convert. at least they'd be in awe of the muslims and wouldn't be able to harm them. but when the muslims don't preach, the nonmuslims are not getting what is their right on the muslims, that is, guidance.
That's not true. Muslims preach in Europe, North America, and Australia and how are they usually seen by the ignorant? "OH MY GAWD, TERRORISTS/SUICIDE BOMBERS."

Snowflake
06-11-2012, 10:27 PM
Subhan Allah!

No arrests have been reported in connection with the killing of the 10 Muslims by a group of ethnic Rakhines – who are mostly Buddhist – in Taunggote in Rakhine state earlier on Sunday.

http://iina.me/wp_en/?p=1008851

GuestFellow
06-11-2012, 10:52 PM
Salaam,

Not surprising to me. I heard about this before.

BadOlPuttyTat
06-12-2012, 01:16 AM
That's a question to pose to our our Buddhist pals along with why this receives no media coverage.. Tell me honestly have you heard of this before I posted it? It is dated June 4th and not the only attack of its kind.. a few days for the info. to disseminate or be swept under the rug completely and that's usually the case when violence is perpetrated against Muslims.. but they'll bring you any counter attack as instigated by Muslims.. there you have it!
Myanmar is a corrupt place and they dont have media coverage for anything. But the Buddhist monks destroy the place because some Muslim raped a girl etc but the info is shaky. Myanmar is a country in civil war and will easily do anything to keep any foreign influence outside. The murders in Thailand and Indonesia are scaring a lot of south Asians and those countries are still fighting various proxy battles. South Asia having the worlds highest PMF usage int he world, no Asian country other then china and 2 others signed the UNMC. Places like Myanmar are war zones and still have ethnic cleansing wars. This is a case of a bunch of monks being fed false information or tricked into doing dirty work for Myanmar's corrupt political system.
A rape story about a Muslim circulated and some monks heard it and all hell broke loose. So far that has been the only reason of explaining why the monks attacked the mosque. You must realize south asia as a whole is not very fond of Islam and fearful. These are countries still bickering over each other and using proxy battles. So all you need is a man spreading lies about a bunch of Muslims and some already frustrated people and thats about it.
Myanmar is a master of this and this is how they keep people under control and Sri Lanka still does the same.

جوري
06-12-2012, 03:25 AM
The above post which I'll not quote (with hopes it will be removed for vile unsubstantiated content) is simply untrue and what a horrible insult to injury to accuse civilians or a Mosque as a standing structure of violence against Buddhists, as he said before beheading of babies. As if unprovoked hate crimes are to be justified somehow through makingup crap in hopes this will all go away as if it has received any media coverage to begin with.
If anything it is telling of his person & character and I do hope folks will refrain from accommodating this unstable fellow.
we've 1.86 billion Muslims, do we need to leave that huge flock to go after one stray sheep who alleges membership (in his mind) simply for emotional and psychological hijack...

glo
06-12-2012, 06:25 AM
May there be peace between the religions of this world.

Muslim Woman
06-13-2012, 04:46 PM
Salaam

its so sad that neighoring country Bangladesh is not opening the boarder for these tortured Muslims. No more Ansars today in the Ummah ? :(

Bangladesh sends back boatloads of Rohingya Muslims fleeing Myanmar violence

A Rohingya Muslim family who fled Myanmar to Bangladesh to escape religious violence sits at a shelter provided by local people in Taknaf, Bangladesh, Tuesday, June 12, 2012. Bangladesh on Tuesday turned away three boats carrying 1,000 Rohingya Muslims fleeing violence in neighboring Myanmar, bringing to 1,500 the number of refugees blocked in recent days, officials said. (Anurup Titu/AP) + Bangladesh sends back boatloads of Rohingya Muslims fleeing Myanmar violence

جوري
06-13-2012, 05:00 PM
They just have the audacity to call Muslims corrupt and love the kill.. When they do nothing all over but kill Muslims and somehow still come out the victims.

Muslim Woman
06-13-2012, 05:09 PM
:sl:

I wonder if Nobel Peace winner Sui ki is doing anything to stop the violence agianst Muslims or she is busy in travelling ?

Suu Kyi heads to Europe to accept Nobel, other honors

By Elizabeth Yuan, CNN

جوري
06-13-2012, 05:20 PM
Nobel Prize winners are nothing but Zionists or pro Zionists.. it is a meaningless prize put forth by a man who brought destruction upon the world so it is only fitting who it i selectively handed it out to.

GuestFellow
06-13-2012, 05:33 PM
They just have the audacity to call Muslims corrupt and love the kill.. When they do nothing all over but kill Muslims and somehow still come out the victims.
Salaam,

Sounds like Israel.

جوري
06-13-2012, 05:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
Salaam,

Sounds like Israel.
It is upsetting the amount of crap out there against Muslims, just now on youtube vile ignorant comments, luckily I have a bit more freedom to dish it like I want to out there in a way I can't do here. But the hatred, violence and animosity not to mention lies is a war art form all its own.
Makes it very difficult for me to trust or like any kaffirs, I am starting to grow suspicious of my non-Muslim friends even.

Predator
06-13-2012, 05:36 PM
So much for the so called "non-violent" spirit of buddhism

جوري
06-13-2012, 05:39 PM
Hypocrites the world over. Let them show their true identity, but let's counter their labels in kind. There's nothing wrong with self-defense!

glo
06-13-2012, 05:47 PM
Are you not doing in this thread what you so dislike others doing of your own religion? :hmm:

Using the bad deeds of some to judge and condemn an entire group of people?
If you (and rightly so) criticise people, public opinions and the media to speak badly about all Muslims because of the deeds of some Muslims, why do the same with Buddhists?

Many (probably most) Buddhists are peace-loving and kind, just as many (probably most) Muslims are.
Can we agree that not all Buddhists are hypocrites, corrupt and violent?

Jedi_Mindset
06-13-2012, 07:17 PM
And we have come to a time now where muslims even accept secular regimes, especially in SE asia, pakistan, turkey and such. Anyone who doesn't think dajjal is loose now has a blind vision. He is trying utter best to turn muslims away from islam, or to get them believe in nationalism and secularism.

''Novus ordo seclorum'' a new secular world order. Christianity got corrupted and has pagan roots, real jews are on the extinct, the only obstacle is islam, because islam is the truth and by studying it, you will have a different mindset, a mindset they dont like: A free mind.

The masons who think that ''lucifer'' is God, are behind this and preparing for his arrival but they're decieved that dajjal will be the messiah and that lucifer is God while infact lucifer is Iblis.

And what happens when they take control of the banking system and governments? (Rothchild and such other families) when they take over the banking system they control everything. Governments, federal reserves, policies, and even you are in their hands. Your birth certificate is worth billions, you are a slave. meanwhile USA is keeping every country under its control by interests/riba and in such a way that the country will be in debt, forever.

New world order? Yes i think so, everyone who misbehaves gets attacked. For what? what they claim to be holy israel.

Excuse me for going offtopic but just want to point out the bigger picture, why every governments spews hate against islam.

Muhaba
06-13-2012, 08:59 PM
My humble opinion is that Muslims should perfect their religion before they preach.. what do you think? If we know our religion half of the way, and preach is a quarter of the way and they convert one eight of the way, how does that work exactly? They become a liability not something to be happy about-- we shouldn't really be after numbers quantity doesn't matter if the quality sucks..
well, i believe there's a hadith that if you know one ayah you should preach it.

of course it's also important for muslims to learn their religion, which would mean that the learned would first preach to muslims. the learned scholars should be preaching to the ignorant muslims and family members should be preaching to each other.

muslims are truly lacking in this field. They neither preach to each other nor do they preach to nonmuslims.

in one country i know, there are a lot of nonmuslims, but the muslims aren't actively preaching to them. they have centers where nonmuslims can go and they have made booklets that the nonmuslims can read to get information, but putting those booklets in the mosque won't help a lot. It's not a place where nonmuslims go to anyway. it would be better if muslims activly went and gave them out to their neighbors, friends, colleagues, etc.

If the muslims were told in the mosque to take those booklets and give them to their nonmuslim acquaintances, it would be different. so i believe that the muslims are not doing enough.

Muhaba
06-13-2012, 09:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Darth Ultor
That's not true. Muslims preach in Europe, North America, and Australia and how are they usually seen by the ignorant? "OH MY GAWD, TERRORISTS/SUICIDE BOMBERS."
Yes, there are some muslims that preach but it's not enough. everyone should be preaching. EVERYONE.

if muslims realized their responsibility to preach, then they might even get some knowledge, learn their religion. but now, most of the muslims are just sitting back, leaving the job to a few. it's not enough and the results are this.

جوري
06-13-2012, 09:23 PM
well, i believe there's a hadith that if you know one ayah you should preach it.
That is something many of us do. I often quote from the Quran & Sunnah, because I don't think there's anything on earth more irresistible than Islam, but I don't do it with the desire to convert people. To be honest in my entire life I think there were only two people that I have wished to be Muslim and it is because they already had very Islamic character. As you know 'khyrokoum fi aljahilya khyrokoum fi al'Islam'.. I am mostly disgusted by the culture and behavior of those I encounter as well their life style choices, I think they would do Islam a great disservice. Of course in the end it comes down to:

Innaka la tahdee man ahbabta walakinna Allaha yahdee man yashao wahuwa aAAlamu bialmuhtadeena
28:56 It is true thou wilt not be able to guide every one, whom thou lovest; but Allah guides those whom He will and He knows best those who receive guidance.

I think of this verse often in relation to the two people I care about.. and I think I have done all I can from providing books, and having deep philosophical debates etc.. It is a solo journey ultimately.

Muhaba
06-13-2012, 09:50 PM
Alhamdullillah that you are trying and so are many of our brothers and sisters on this site. i hope that they do it in other places just as they discuss and debate here. I do realize that many of the ones on this site fulfill this duty somewhat. whether we are doing as much as we should Allah knows best.

but there are many muslims in the world and too many of them are not doing it. and of course many of them don't even know their own religion. so it is the job of those who do know to not only preach to nonmuslims but also to muslims.

It can be done through various ways: nonmuslims can be given just an introduction to the Islam, like a few verses about tawheed, like the transaltion of Surah Al-Ikhlas, or a few verses about Maryam (AS) and Prophet Jesus (AS). If the preacher isn't in position to answer someone's questions, they can refer them to a website or a scholar.

Muslims can be given some stuff based on how much they practice islam, llike some information about hijab, etc. One thing that even Muslims, especially those in Asia, need to know about is Tawheed. Many ppl in Bangladesh, India, etc practice things that amount to shirk, so the learned muslims have to educate them. I heard that in Malaysia (or was it indonesia?) a lot of ppl used to go to shrines, but the scholars there actively struggled to inform them that asking dua from shrines is shirk (polytheism) so they stopped. This should be done in other places too so that muslims refrain from this horrible sin. Shirk nullifies eman and is the one sin that Allah will not forgive if a person dies with the faith of shirk. so it's extremely necessary that learned muslims educate ignorant muslims about this.

There are islamic centers that provide booklets which you can give out. If a nonmuslim then needs more information, they can get it directly from that center. some islamic centers make booklets for both muslims and nonmuslims.

after that, it is everyone's own responsibility to think with an open mind and get more information etc. Our job is only preaching.

جوري
06-13-2012, 10:00 PM
in fact just recently I sent books to someone-- a friend of my sis at work who is gettig married & trying to find a religion for the sake of her future kids, although she is one of those sarcastic ones, I provided my sis with books and stuff to give her. Then some other woman at her work whenever she sees my sis goes 'Jesus' lololol.. Freaking nutters really. My sis was like are Christians against reading books and comparing notes? Then she demanded the books back but the issue resolves with the lady telling if you really want it back I'll give it back but I'd like to read it first.
I don't personally push unless a person shows interest. I think just by carrying out the way we do, some folks might and do take interest and ask questions. The majority of the people are as described in the Quran though:

Alam yani lillatheena amanoo an takhshaAAa quloobuhum lithikri Allahi wama nazala mina alhaqqi wala yakoonoo kaallatheena ootoo alkitaba min qablu fatala AAalayhimu alamadu faqasat quloobuhum wakatheerun minhum fasiqoona

So yes if they show interest, I take interest and meet them all the way.. in other ways we can live by example, but me as a person I decided long ago that my intention is to learn and teach it to those who have already made up their mind but are ignorant or confused and I don't see anything wrong with that. Some other people learn to be sort of like Evangelists, but I think that, it is a superficial level of knowledge and I honestly think we should collectively be looking to have quality Muslims not quantity Muslims.. Sometimes even just listening to the common folks being interviewed on the streets of Cairo etc. the ignorance they spew against the religion is astounding I think they must be paid or are Christians or something because it makes no sense for someone to be that stupid of their religion especially when living in a land where there's no persecution and every opportunity to perfect the deen. It is disheartening...

Muhaba
06-13-2012, 10:13 PM
it is not right for your sister to ask for the books back. let them have them. maybe someday they may be guided by the books. you never know. even at the time of the Prophet (SAW) there were ppl who took a long time to realize that islam was the truth but in the end they did. Khalid Bin WAleed (R) was a late believer but he was one of the best.

i also believe in quality not quantity, but it seems revert muslims are more quality muslims but children born to muslims of asia and the middle east are just increasing the quantity. they are mostly muslims by name. so that is something to think about. insha-Allah preaching will make more quality muslims. especially preaching to nonmuslims.

there are some christians/nonmuslims arabs living in muslim countries in the middle east, like Egypt that do convert but mostly christian arabs are not ignorant of islam. however nonmuslims in nonmuslim countries are ignorant of islam so need preaching more.

جوري
06-13-2012, 10:22 PM
it is not right for your sister to ask for the books back. let them have them. maybe someday they may be guided by the books. you never know. even at the time of the Prophet (SAW) there were ppl who took a long time to realize that islam was the truth but in the end they did. Khalid Bin WAleed (R) was a late believer but he was one of the best.

i also believe in quality not quantity, but it seems revert muslims are more quality muslims but children born to muslims of asia and the middle east are just increasing the quantity. they are mostly muslims by name. so that is something to think about. insha-Allah preaching will make more quality muslims. especially preaching to nonmuslims.

there are some christians living in muslim countries that do convert but mostly these christians are not ignorant of islam. however nonmuslims in nonmuslim countries are ignorant of islam so need preaching more.
I think my sis was just thoroughly harassed by that Jesus woman day in and day out and didn't want to make Islam the brunt of their jokes. We gain nothing whether they become Muslim or not and I could feel her anger and hurt with the behavior of that other woman. The lady she gave the books too even though she is a sarcastic individual handled it with diplomacy you know at the end of the day I told her she has nothing to be ashamed of which is what I think what that Jesus woman after.. you know just to make Muslims feel bad and marginalized or whatever they're after to make themselves feel better over their personal convictions however wrong they maybe. We have to remember though that houda is from Allah swt and that most people are fasiqeen even Muslims. A Muslim might need a nudge or an awakening. I was one of those people al7mdullilah I came to in my own time and my own way.. At least there's a bud there that can be nurtured.. With others I don't know if the seed itself is rotten and I value Islam too much to cast pearls before swine.

It is funny sometimes when I think of Jesus PBUH how he escaped their persecution in Aswan in Egypt how most of his life was of poverty and fear. The same crappy people who tortured the prophets then are the same ones who torture the believers but under the pretense that they love or believe after they thoroughly transformed the religion to the paganism they've always loved and been familiar with.

Al-An'am (The Cattle) [6:50]

[RECITE]
[top] [next match]

Qul la aqoolu lakum AAindee khazainu Allahi wala aAAlamu alghayba wala aqoolu lakum innee malakun in attabiAAu illa ma yooha ilayya qul hal yastawee alaAAma waalbaseeru afala tatafakkaroona

Muslim Woman
06-14-2012, 04:30 AM

O Allah , pl. help these oppressed Muslims.

Rohingya Muslims, trying to cross the Naf river into Bangladesh to escape sectarian violence in Myanmar, look on from an intercepted boat in Teknaf on Wednesday. — AFP photo

Muhaba
06-14-2012, 10:02 AM
^I am saddened that Muslims refugees aren't allowed into bangladesh. THis is ALlah's land and all people should have a right to go on it. Not only that, but Bangladesh (once part of Pakistan) was made for Muslims, so it should give Muslims refuge.

I personally believe there should be no barriers to people and people should be able to go anywhere on earth that they want to. The kuffaar have made this system that didn't exist in the past. For millions of years man could go where he liked, though travelling was so difficult then. Now the kuffar made these barriers first and then opened the ways for themselves (kafir country passports don't need a visa to go to most countries in the world) but locked up the muslims in their countries.

i wish muslim countries too would get together and make a union, allowing muslims to go to any muslim country. So in times like these, muslims have a way out. the bangladeshi should realize that by stopping muslim refugees, it is helping another to harm them and so it is also respnsible.

muslim countries shouldn't worry that the refugees will be a financial burden on them as barakah comes from Allah. Allah will put barakah and even increase the produce/income of the helping country.

جوري
06-14-2012, 01:29 PM
It is becuse Islam is bad and Muslims are the bad guy they deserve to be killed only!

Muslim Woman
06-14-2012, 03:21 PM

^muslim countries shouldn't worry that the refugees will be a financial burden on them as barakah comes from Allah. Allah will put barakah and even increase the produce/income of the helping country.

I wish , poor countries could think like that . Rohinga refugess are coming to BD since many years .
I wonder , what rich Muslim countries are doing about it ? Can't they assure BD Govt . some financial support about it .

I also dont understnad , why there is no pressure on Mynmar Govt. from anyone to take back their citizens . Where are US , UK ? Why don't they threat Mynmar Govt. to bomb thier country for creating this crisis ? If non Muslims citizens in any Muslim country faced such problem since years , how the world would have reacted ?

Peace prize Winner Sui ki does not have time to visit these Muslims in her own country ...that's so strange .

جوري
06-14-2012, 03:48 PM
I am not surprised..England played a dirty game of giving Kashmir to India as is their game and in lieu of Bangladesh standing firm they sided with India against Pakistan for a split.. You want to split why the heck would you want to help your fellow Muslims? You've already decided some national identity is more important to you!

Hasbona Allah wa'nima alwakeel.. The coming after us under a 1000 raya is happening as we speak but I never expected it from Muslims or so called Muslim countries!

Muhaba
06-14-2012, 03:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

I wish , poor countries could think like that . Rohinga refugess are coming to BD since many years .
I wonder , what rich Muslim countries are doing about it ? Can't they assure BD Govt . some financial support about it .
Don't worry sister, when this news becomes popular, many charity organizations will start asking for funds for our brothers in Myanmar. then you can have hope. (Sarcasm)

or have they already started asking for charity? i wonder where the money charity organizations collects goes? if it doesn't go to help the refugees?

I also dont understnad , why there is no pressure on Mynmar Govt. from anyone to take back their citizens . Where are US , UK ? Why don't they threat Mynmar Govt. to bomb thier country for creating this crisis ? If non Muslims citizens in any Muslim country faced such problem since years , how the world would have reacted ?

Peace prize Winner Sui ki does not have time to visit these Muslims in her own country ...that's so strange .
they work for the peace of nonmuslims, which is why such get nobel peace prize. they don't have to do anything for muslims.

but what can you expect from nonmuslims? they aren't our wellwishers. the muslims should take responsibility for the muslims' wellbeing instead of relying on nonmuslims.

Muslim Woman
06-14-2012, 04:01 PM

I am not surprised..England played a dirty game of giving Kashmir to India as is their game and in lieu of Bangladesh standing firm they sided with India against Pakistan for a split.. You want to split why the heck would you want to help your fellow Muslims? You've already decided some national identity is more important to you!

Hasbona Allah wa'nima alwakeel.. The coming after us under a 1000 raya is happening as we speak but I never expected it from Muslims or so called Muslim countries!
I m sorry , I did not understand ur post clearly ; Anyway why Bangaldesh had a liberation war and separated from Pakistan , that's a long history and would be off topic here .

جوري
06-14-2012, 04:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
I m sorry , I did not understand ur post clearly ; Anyway why Bangaldesh had a liberation war and separated from Pakistan , that's a long history and would be off topic here .
:sl: sis,

It means Bangladesh sided with kaffirs to split from Muslims so why should they care to give refuge to Muslims? Believe me I understand getting upset about hearing something negative of your mother country, but that's the reality of our world. Islam doesn't play a marginal role in the governance so everything of this nature is to be expected and it is related because everywhere there's oppression there's the hands of the devils from within and without. No different than Egypt closing the border to Gaza children is the case here.. Perhaps if we understand why so-called Muslim countries do that we can opt for a change rather than burying our head in the sand over ancient history.

Muhaba
06-14-2012, 04:16 PM
^it was messed up from the beginning. bangladesh and pakistan were bound to split since they are so far from each otehr. however, pakistan was unjust to bangladeshi ppl. its army did much cruelties there, killing many civilians. in the end india intervened and saved the bangladeshi ppl from cruel pakistani dictators and army.

جوري
06-14-2012, 04:20 PM
All of them are guilty of cruelty. Obviously the idealist in me believes we should simply overthrow those who cause injustice and Kashmir should belong to Muslims anyway and it is the cause of the split. As the British did before with Egypt giving a wedge of it to Sudan hoping it would be a cause of contention so they can extend their stay, thankfully it backfired on them... but that's always been their method and Muslims get wrapped up in national pride over what's right.

جوري
06-14-2012, 04:24 PM
I didn't meant cause of split in the way it came out but rather the geographic divide..

Muslim Woman
06-14-2012, 04:54 PM

:sl: sis,

It means Bangladesh sided with kaffirs to split from Muslims

sis , don't spoil your own thread pl. If u want to discuss about freedom of Bangladesh , then pl. start a thread.

Of Course , I don't support that BD Govt. is not giving shelter to Rohinga . There are many criticism agaisnt Govt. decision . Not all Muslims are happy about this decision .

GuestFellow
06-14-2012, 05:43 PM
It is upsetting the amount of crap out there against Muslims, just now on youtube vile ignorant comments, luckily I have a bit more freedom to dish it like I want to out there in a way I can't do here. But the hatred, violence and animosity not to mention lies is a war art form all its own.
Makes it very difficult for me to trust or like any kaffirs, I am starting to grow suspicious of my non-Muslim friends even.
Salaam,

Don't let it get to you.

جوري
06-14-2012, 05:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
Salaam,

Don't let it get to you.
It isn't so much the comments anymore.. did you see what happened in Egypt today?
Perhaps we're indeed the worst of people and hence there's no victory or any semblance of good in our future.. People desire kuffr so why should Allah swt grant them justice or victory?

Jedi_Mindset
06-14-2012, 06:24 PM
It isn't so much the comments anymore.. did you see what happened in Egypt today?
Perhaps we're indeed the worst of people and hence there's no victory or any semblance of good in our future.. People desire kuffr so why should Allah swt grant them justice or victory?

Indeed sis, you are right. Allah wont help us until we change ourselves, thats for sure. Victory is still far away. Remember when the mahdi arrives our ummah will be at a very low point. And wars will ravage through the muslim world, more wars then we just see now.

جوري
06-14-2012, 06:41 PM
we shouldn't wait for the mahdi to have an ummah.. they didn't wait before why should we wait now? He should have an Ummah to unite not this hot mess!

Jedi_Mindset
06-14-2012, 06:54 PM
we shouldn't wait for the mahdi to have an ummah.. they didn't wait before why should we wait now? He should have an Ummah to unite not this hot mess!
I'm neither saying that we should wait for him, that will be the destruction of our ummah, no we need to take action now. Do what the egyptians , what the afghans, chechyans, yemenis are doing. (Not what the libyans have done, and what some syrian opposition groups are doing because thats not the solution, they ally themselves with the zionist kufar)

And this sounds interesting:

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2012/06/14/246208/new-group-calls-for-al-saud-downfall/

i
f its true Insha'Allah and He knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!