/* */

PDA

View Full Version : feel sooo stressed out.....

nutty
06-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Assalamun alaikum

There are day most abt 4/5 days a month where i miss fajr..i dnt remember waking up...or switchin the alarm off...nd wen i wake up ive missed fajr...can anyone advise why i cant get up for fajr as i strive to spend every minutes in obedience to Allaah swt...

during the days..i spent my time alternative between learning arabic and memorsing Quran (please make dua for me).....during the day i feel as if am on edge and stressed out..even though i pray my namaz on time..do some zikr....i feel like am spreading my self out too far....always shouting..yelling bein annoyed with the kids....please advise me....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
06-12-2012, 01:25 PM
^Masha Allah. May Allah reward your efforts. Ameen :statisfie

Everyone I know personally is struggling with Fajr prayer, and just as you said there are good and bad days. If your phone allows you to set more than one alarm, then setting a second alarm will help. That way even if you turn off the first one and fall asleep again, the second one will wake you up. If you can't do this on your mobile phone (like me) then a house phone/alarm clock will do just as well.

What I find helps is thinking about how I will answer Allah for my missed prayer on the Day of Judgment. That's gotten me up easily many times. But sadly I have let myself down by 'snoozing' and then accidentally falling asleep. But usually that thought is very effective in making one get out of bed. Also make sure you're getting early nights.

May Allah make it easy for all of us. Ameen

- Qatada -
06-12-2012, 03:28 PM
:salamext: Make dua to Allah out loud; 'Ya Allah, wake me up for fajr and allow me to read it with khushoo', ameen.' try it, it works.

Endymion
06-12-2012, 03:45 PM
The sayings of old are not written in the book but sometimes they help you alot.My granny always said that Fajr prayer is the head of all prayers.If you miss fajr,your other prayers will be like a body without head.

When ever i struggle to be regular in prayers,i think about these words and imagine a body without head.Its my prayer,a headless prayer.May be it sound funny to you but it works for me.Try it and keep me in your doaa please :statisfie

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tango92
06-12-2012, 03:49 PM
getting up for fajr is about routine, sleep right after isha and iA you'll have no problems. and try not to sleep too much after fajr although it is the best sleep lol

if your really stressed out, you can try watching like a funny video or something. sometimes i get bare stressed and i realise its because i havent genuinely laughed for ages...

nutty
06-13-2012, 10:17 AM
jazak-Allaah everyone...feeling betta after reading all ur advise...May Allaah swt make us steadfast upon salah.....
Subhan-Allaah reading fajr salah makes a huges difference in my life..today i feel betta nd light whilst ysterday i was dark and gloomy didnt feel like doing anyth and i didnt..wasted an enitire day doing nuthing substantion....May Allaah forgive me...

Abu Zainab
06-13-2012, 10:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snowflake
What I find helps is thinking about how I will answer Allah for my missed prayer on the Day of Judgment.
Jazakallah Khair sister....this is really really powerful. Most of us are keen to get to work on time because we are afraid of our bosses. What about Allah subhanahu wa ta'aala, the owner and creator of everything. How can we face Him on that Day?? If we develop that same kind of fear in our hearts we will not miss Fajr even once. Many a times I wake up, hear the adhan, but still dose off. This is worse than not waking up at all. imsad

I really hope this advice helps us all to pray Fajr on time.

The whole day passes like a breeze with happiness and contentment in the heart when we pray Fajr on time (and in jama'ah for men).

Snowflake
06-14-2012, 08:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Zainab

Jazakallah Khair sister....this is really really powerful. Most of us are keen to get to work on time because we are afraid of our bosses. What about Allah subhanahu wa ta'aala, the owner and creator of everything. How can we face Him on that Day?? If we develop that same kind of fear in our hearts we will not miss Fajr even once. Many a times I wake up, hear the adhan, but still dose off. This is worse than not waking up at all. imsad

I really hope this advice helps us all to pray Fajr on time.

The whole day passes like a breeze with happiness and contentment in the heart when we pray Fajr on time (and in jama'ah for men).
Wa iyyak akhi. We sometimes focus on the bigger things like obligatory acts ibadah but forget that we will be severely judged for hurting someone's feelings, slandering and back-biting, not doing something to help someone when we could have, and not fulfilling neighbourly needs. If only we feel the fear of Allah in every actions of ours, a large amount of our serious sins would automatically be reduced.

IbnAbdulHakim
06-14-2012, 08:42 PM
i dont wanna say it... but im gnna...

are you married? coz I know a lot of people who found relief via that.

hmm mayb you just need to find an activity which is islamic and relaxing?

Allahu A'lam, lemme kno if you find something that helps

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!