/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I said "Insha Allah", but I broke this promise

ardianto
06-12-2012, 12:47 PM
Assalamualaikum,

I made a short post in Advice & Support section, and I wrote "I'll be back tomorrow, Insha Allah". It's because I had intention to give an advice. But then I could not concentrate to write an advice, until now.

I broke a promise which I said "Insha Allah", and it made ​​me feel guilty.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
06-14-2012, 04:17 PM
'in shaa Allah' isn't a promise.. it is 'If Allah swt wills'.. sometimes it isn't the will of Allah that something you particularly want should happen.. A promise is a different story.. if you make a promise you should keep it and if you can't then you should find a way to makeup for it in shaa Allah!

ardianto
06-17-2012, 02:27 PM
I know Insha Allah means "If Allah swt wills", but my teachers said, if we make a promise and tell "Insha Allah" we cannot break this promise except something that beyond human control happen to us.

In this case, I made a promise with "Insha Allah" because I really had intention to give a advice to a member. Even the points of that advice had been stored in my mind. But later I doubt to give an advice because I afraid that advice could cause a misunderstanding.

Why I felt guilty, because I thought, doubt is not a factor that beyond the human control that can break a promise that supported by "Insha Allah".

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!