/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ali(ra) and the Christian man

Perseveranze
06-12-2012, 11:25 PM
During his Caliphate, ‘Ali bin Abi Tâlib – Allah be pleased with him – saw some armor of his with a Christian. He decided to take the matter up legally, so he took the dispute to Shurayh (the Judge).

‘Ali said, “This is my armor, and I have not sold it nor given it away.” Shurayh (judge) said to the Christian, “What have you to say about what the Commander of the Believers claims?” The Christian replied, “It is my armor, although I do not regard the Commander of the Believers to be a liar.” Shurayh then turned to ‘Ali, “O Commander of the Believers, do you have any proof (of ownership)?” ‘Ali laughed and said, “Shurayh is correct, I have no proof.” So Shurayh judged that the armor was the Christian’s. The Christian took it and began to walk away but then returned. He proclaimed, “As for me, I testify that this is the judgment of the Prophets – the Commander of the Believers himself takes me to his judge and the judge rules against him! I bear witness that there is no deity deserving worship but Allâh and I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allâh. By Allâh, the armor is yours O Commander of the Believers. I followed the army when you were on your way to the Battle of Siffîn and the armor came out of your equipment.” ‘Ali said, “If you have accepted Islâm the armor is yours.” And then he put him on his horse. Al-Sha’bi (the reporter of this incident) said, “I was later informed by those who saw this man that he fought the Khawârij (alongside ‘Ali) at the battle of Nahrawân.”

Ibn Kathîr, Al-Bidâyah wa Al-Nihâyah Vol.8 p5.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
06-13-2012, 01:40 AM
I believe the armour also bore Ali (RA) name at least when I read the story so I wasn't sure why he didn't just say my name is written on it but sob7an Allah.. what an excellent story, excellent mannerism and if the convert was sincere then it was well worth it..

Jazaka Allah khyran for sharing .. never tire of reading their stories..

Endymion
06-13-2012, 03:21 AM
I read another version :hmm: It said he RA presented his slave to testify that sword belongs to him RA but the judge refused it and Ali RA accepted his decision.

Muslim Woman
06-13-2012, 04:35 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
I read another version :hmm: It said he RA presented his slave to testify that sword belongs to him RA but the judge refused it and Ali RA accepted his decision.

I read Ali ra presented his son and slave but Judge said they can't be nuetral ; so he refused their testimony.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Endymion
06-13-2012, 08:21 AM
Yup thats exactly what i read,thanks sissi :statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!