/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 'Umar was the best of friends!

Tawangar
06-13-2012, 07:15 AM
:sl:
In old, worn out shabby looking clothes, Amir Al-Mu’minin, Ali Bin Abi Talib, sat saying grace to Allah. Abu Maryam, one of the servants, sat on his knees close to `Ali and whispered: “Amir Al-Mu’minin, I have something to ask of you.”
`Ali said: “What is it that you want to ask?”
Abu Maryam said: “That you throw away the clothes you are wearing. They are old and ripped and do not go well with your position.”
`Ali Bin Abi Taleb put the tip of his clothes on his eyes and started to cry until his weeping was loud.
In embarrassment, Abu Maryam said: “O Amir Al-Mu’minin, if I knew that it meant so much to you I would not have asked you to take it off.”
`Ali said while wiping his tears: “O Abu Maryam, my love for this jacket is increasing. It was a gift from my friend and beloved companion.”
Oddly, Abu Maryam asked: “And who is this friend of yours O Amir?”
`Ali said: “ ‘Umar Ibn Al Khattab. He was the best of friends.”
He then started to weep once again until the sound of his suppressed cries could be heard from afar.
"100 Stories from the Life of Ali Bin Abi Taleb" by Muhammad Siddeeq Al Minshawi, Dar Al Fadeela Publishing, 2002.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Imaduddin
06-13-2012, 01:49 PM
Subhan Allah. I love the Sahaba. I hope Allah resurrects me with them as their companion. Amin.

~ Sabr ~
06-15-2012, 09:21 AM
Jazaak Allaah Khayr for increasing our knowledge of the Taabi'een.

Bint-e-Adam
09-23-2012, 02:43 AM
mashAllah. JazakAllah khair. i am so keen to read such types of islamic information. thnx

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
09-23-2012, 03:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Imaduddin
Subhan Allah. I love the Sahaba (RA). I hope Allah resurrects me with them as their companion. Amin.
Ameen.

Abdul-Raouf
09-25-2012, 06:31 PM
Ameen YA RABBIL'AALAMEEN

CosmicPathos
09-29-2012, 08:15 PM
beautiful.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!