/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Creation of a Chick, Allaahu Akbar!

~ Sabr ~
06-13-2012, 10:03 AM

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhaba
06-13-2012, 12:07 PM
It is a great example of a living being created out of dead!

Allahu Akbar

LauraS
06-13-2012, 04:38 PM
Wow :) but when you eat eggs, it's so weird when you consider what you're actually eating. :hmm:

tango92
06-13-2012, 05:07 PM

enjoy your meal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balut_(egg)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadan90
06-13-2012, 05:23 PM
Why did I look into this thread? WHYY?!:enough!: I dont how I will be able to eat eggs now.

tango92
06-13-2012, 05:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Allah<3
Why did I look into this thread? WHYY?!:enough!: I dont how I will be able to eat eggs now.
just remember. that chicken inbetween your buns was once a happy chick who loved his mother and played with his siblings.

until one day he took a trip to the happy house where chickens go when they want to take a permanent vacation.....

Endymion
06-13-2012, 06:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
just remember. that chicken inbetween your buns was once a happy chick who loved his mother and played with his siblings.

until one day he took a trip to the happy house where chickens go when they want to take a permanent vacation.....

Insaanah
06-13-2012, 06:11 PM
:sl:

I didn't know people ate such a thing. Thankfully, these are haraam for us:

Belut is a fertilized duck or chicken egg that contains a nearly-developed embryo. This egg is boiled and eaten in the shell. The prevalent belief here in the Philippines is that it contains a high level of protein and is good for the heart. It is sold in the markets and streets of the Philippines. What is the ruling on eating this kind of egg?

Praise be to Allaah.

The description of this egg on some websites is as follows:

Development of the chick usually takes 28 days, but balut is an egg that has been incubated for only 18 days, during which they get a real embryo with a primitive skeleton.

When the egg reaches the age of 16-20 days, it is ready to be taken to market, where it will be boiled for thousands of customers who enjoy this food. This depends on the size of the egg. The egg that is 18 days old is the best. The sellers wash the eggs thoroughly with sponges, then when they are perfectly clean, they are put in a pot and boiled. End quote.

With regard to the ruling on eating the egg with the embryo that is not fully developed, the ruling is that it is haraam, because it comes under the heading of eating maytah (something that has died without being slaughtered properly). Eating maytah is definitely haraam according to Islam.

The scholars of the Standing Committee for Issuing Fatwas were asked about the ruling on eating this egg and they ruled that it is haraam.

They were asked:

When we visited the Philippines, we noticed that the people of that country commonly eat a dish they call balut. This is a chicken egg that is placed in an incubator until it develops the form of a small chick with all its features. Three days before the egg is peeled, they cook the egg in water until it is done, then they break the egg and eat the chick that is inside it.

Please advise us of the ruling on eating this food.

They replied:

If the situation is as described, then the chick is regarded as maytah (something that died without being properly slaughtered) and it is not permissible to eat it, because it had taken shape inside the egg, and the prohibition on maytah is something that is well known and well established in Islam. End quote.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez Aal al-Shaykh, Shaykh ‘Abd-Allah ibn Ghadyaan, Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan, Shaykh Bakr Abu Zayd

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (22/305)

And Allah knows best.

Islam Q&A
http://islamqa.info/en/ref/148001

~ Sabr ~
06-13-2012, 06:37 PM
Alhamdulillah!

White Rose
06-13-2012, 07:27 PM
Subhan Allah.

:raging:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!