/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Mysteries of the Human Soul

Samkurd
06-13-2012, 11:02 AM
Salaam,

I was reading a book called "The Mysteries of the Human Soul" by Abdul Qayyum "Shafaq" Hazarvi. I came across a chapter explaining the proof of the non-divisibility of the soul. It is basically trying to say the same soul cannot live in two separate people, that everyones soul is unique.

My question is here: In part of the chapter it says "An eye cannot be both green and black, while the eyes of two different persons can be green and black. This shows that the soul is an indivisible being."

Firstly, how does this show the soul is indivisible? There is no explanation to back that point. Secondly, there are cases where people have mixed eye colours in one eye as well as having one eye one colour and another eye another colour, so that right there sort of disproves his theory?

Can someone please shed some more light on this subject,

Thanks!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~ Sabr ~
06-13-2012, 11:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samkurd
Firstly, how does this show the soul is indivisible? There is no explanation to back that point. Secondly, there are cases where people have mixed eye colours in one eye as well as having one eye one colour and another eye another colour, so that right there sort of disproves his theory?
:wasalamex

I am no scholar, but to my understanding I will try and explain this.

This is an eye that is black:

This is an eye that is green:

This is an eye that is a mixture of black and green:

I think what the author is trying to say, is that the eyes cannot be FULL green and FULL black at the same time. They can be a mixture as shown above, but FULL black or FULL green - one would overlap the other and both will not be visible.

And Allaah Knows best.

Imaduddin
06-13-2012, 11:17 AM
Wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

From what you have said brother, it appears to me that he is putting forward an argument which disproves the Hindu concept of all things which exist being divine, which come from the one and same source who they say is Brahman, the God of Hindusim.

To me that's what it appears like and in order to understand the authors point and how it actually is valid, you need to know a little about Hinduism too. So here is a small lecture on what Hinduism says regarding the soul:

They believe that once a person dies, the body must be cremated in order for the soul to move on to a spiritual realm and after a period of some time it is reborn into a new body. The cremation is done in order to destroy the body so that an unconscious soul or a less enlightened soul may not enter it or so that the one originally in it may move on from it.

There is no person, whose one eye contains more than one colour, it is either, blue, green, brown, black, red etc. A person may have slightly differing colours in both eyes, however, you cannot find 2 colours in the 1 eye is what he is saying.

So just like an eye cannot consist of 2 colours, so too all souls are unique and are not as Hindusim teaches, which is that they are all the same soul which come from the one God, except that they have their own personal consciousness. The author of the book simply says that we are not divine, we are not smaller parts of one big being (God) and that we are unique and when we die the it is impossible for the soul to enter a new body and go through reincarnation and be reborn again into a new body.

Unfortunately that's all I can say in terms of explaining his view which you have presented. I hope that is helpful insha Allah.

PouringRain
06-13-2012, 12:04 PM
It's called sectoral heterochromia.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!