/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Acne

anonymous
06-13-2012, 09:50 PM
Assalmu'Aleykum, I know this seems like a small problem compared to everyone elses, but my acne is really putting me down and making me lose all of my self esteem. Ive tried lots of medication but as soon as I stop for a bit it gets even worse - I pray that it gets better but its still bad. Also, because of my acne I wear makeup (e.g foundation), which I dont want to because I know it isnt right to be beautifying yourself with makeup products, but its just so bad and effects me mentally so much that I cant leave the house without putting some makeup on to cover it up. If you have any suggestions please let me know and please make dua for me and other sisters/brothers who suffer from acne because I know from personal experience that it can make you feel very low about yourself

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhaba
06-13-2012, 10:02 PM
i am no expert but i hear that acne is the result of oil combining with dirt, grime. that is why oily skin is more prone to acne. a friend of mine used Avon peel-off mask with lemon and it had good results but i am unsure if they still make that. you can ask Avon or your dermotologist about products for acne.

as for foundation, if you have oily skin, then using loose powder would be better than liquid foundation or pressed powder or creme as those have oil in them. loose powder is better for oily skin. I was told this by an expert make up consultant.

جوري
06-13-2012, 11:39 PM
Do you mind sharing what products you used?
antibiotics are good but you have to be on them inevitably since acne is related to hormones. I wouldn't recommend accutane (at all) better to live with the acne..
& There are only three over the counter products you can try otherwise, peroxide, salicylic acid and sulfur which smells like rotten eggs but is the most natural and is even used by pregnant women.. have you given sulfur a try at all?

:w:

CosmicPathos
06-13-2012, 11:56 PM
all I can suggest is dont ever take accutane for acne.

dont want to hurt you, but acne is peanuts compared to the constellation of things ppl suffer with. I was there, i am willing to trade acne for what I have now.

good luck.

salam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
06-14-2012, 12:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by CosmicPathos
all I can suggest is dont ever take accutane for acne.

dont want to hurt you, but acne is peanuts compared to the constellation of things ppl suffer with. I was there, i am willing to trade acne for what I have now.

good luck.

salam
My friend became infertile after accutane.. I think she had PCO to begin with and hence the severe cystic acne, and somehow this messed up her system in such a way she went into premature ovarian failure and at 20 something also raised her cholesterol and caused her depression from which she never recovered.. but I think obviously not being able to have kids is the biggest disappointment..

I don't think many people use simple things like this:

not the fanciest, most expensive or a miracle cure by any means but it does work to dry cystic acne and if combined with sulfur/salcylic acid soap religiously and indefinitely can help improve acne.
will oxidize silver and does smell bad but there are other formulations that stink less

Hulk
06-14-2012, 02:40 AM
Alhamdulillah I only had acne issues as a teen but I read that usually it is women who has this issue as adults.

IbnAbdulHakim
06-14-2012, 08:46 PM
i had really bad acne too sis, im 24 now and its nearly all gone.

I kinda just thot of it as Allah giving me a hijaab LOL no lie.

I didnt try too hard to get rid of it... i just kinda accepted it over time lol.

now when people look at me they cant tell I had bad acne, so it does heal!

be patient, your young! and anyone that doesnt want you around for your acne ISNT WORTH YOUR TIME so be FULL OF SELF-ESTEEM AND CONFIDENCE!!

that said.. i had a huge crowd lol, the acne didnt bother anyone. i think your letting it get to you too much.

جوري
06-14-2012, 08:47 PM
proactive only has benzoyl peroxide in different strengths the highest over the counter strength without a prescription is 10% and one doesn't need to pay $$$$ when they can get the same exact ingredients from oxy max or other nameless not heavily advertised products -- it is just a matter of consistent use not stopping when it has cleared. I am not discouraging the sis nor am I belittling the problem in fact acne can cause anything from disfigurement to kidney failure and not by a long stretch even but why should one pay so much money for ingredients that would otherwise cost pennies?
Also the advise about accutane is very sound as many people really give up and want to go for drastic measures.. If anything drastic at least try laser IPL is superficial laser and not without problems but at least won't wreak systemic havoc.

and Allah swt knows best..

Endymion
06-15-2012, 07:38 AM
Here is amessage for ya sissi :)

:sl:

A relative of mine used to have really bad acne, but after implementing the few steps in the link below (post #1) their acne really cleared alhamdu lillaah. But I would advise u to have linseed (flaxseed) water instead of plain water in the morning. Also eat foods high in zinc, and combine them with foods containing vitamin A (Beta Carotene).

http://www.islamicboard.com/health-s...alth-club.html

Btw if you have been on any antibiotics recently, you may want to supplement your diet with a good pro-biotic, or better than that eat live bio yogurt (organic). This is to replace the good bacteria, which gets killed by the antibiotic along with the bad bacteria. The good bacteria are essential for a healthy gut.

Other than this, avoid fried foods, processed foods, refined foods such as white bread, white pasta etc (replace with wholemeal), avoid chocolate/sugar, caffeine (replace with herbal teas such as Gotu Kola, dandelion, Alfalfa, nettle, and chamomile). Watch out for any foods which may trigger the acne e.g. some people get an outburst of acne after eating seafood.

Also try to have 3-5 brazil nuts daily, and another time (as a salad perhaps) have grated beetroot drizzled with olive oil and lemon or apple cider vinegar (a generous amount of both).

If you put in the effort and try these tips for a week or 2, you should see results inshaa Allaah. Unless the acne is due to the evil eye or something similar, then obviously the treatment will be different…

May Allaah give you shifaa. Aameen.

P.S.منوة الخيال

Sometimes i make smart guess :statisfie No wonder why,coz of the people here :statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!