/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Braces-Painfull?

peace_maker
06-13-2012, 09:58 PM
:sl:

Nothing special, just wanted to know if braces hurt.

Thank You.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
06-13-2012, 10:08 PM
I think they have better ones than the ones of my day.. called:
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...B7O66AHn6qS-Ag

I had braces when I was a kid and it was painful the first week or two and every time she tightened them.. and it could be the sort of pain that makes your head ache not just your teeth especially the first two days, you feel drowsy and heavy and can't eat anything...

dqsunday
06-13-2012, 10:17 PM
Getting the braces on and off doesn't hurt but when they are tightened, which helps pul the teeth into a more correct position, there is some pain and discomfort. But its nothing agonizing, not like getting a tooth pulled. Its more like a tenderness in the teeth/jaw but after a few days its gone. The pain shouldn't be a problem though, a typical over the counter pain killer (ie Tylenol) should take care of excessive pain.

glo
06-14-2012, 05:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by dqsunday
Getting the braces on and off doesn't hurt but when they are tightened, which helps pul the teeth into a more correct position, there is some pain and discomfort. But its nothing agonizing, not like getting a tooth pulled. Its more like a tenderness in the teeth/jaw but after a few days its gone. The pain shouldn't be a problem though, a typical over the counter pain killer (ie Tylenol) should take care of excessive pain.
My daughter had braces a couple of years ago and this was pretty much her experience too.
Mind you, she didn't stick with her removal braces vigilantly enough and ended up having to have fixed ones. (That taught her a lesson!)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~ Sabr ~
06-14-2012, 05:56 AM
:wasalamex

I had mine when I was 13. Didn't hurt that much, just the tightening process.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!