/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Just something about myself

RasheedCP
06-13-2012, 10:24 PM
Well I stumbled across this forum, and it seemed like a reasonable website to come to bring myself too, so let me begin: My name is Rasheed Saeed I am, 16, I live in the United Kingdom and I am an Atheist.

Background:
My dad was a Muslim and my mum was an Atheist(they didn't really discuss religion), they separated and I lived with my mum. Every summer holiday I would go visit my pappa and be brought up and talk about Islam. Is was to the age of 9 that I turned around and said "I don't believe in Allah."; since then, my pappa didn't want to claim me as his son, nor did he ever want to see me again.

I want to keep it short, but I want some answers if you could answer them.

1) Why am I going to hell? Because I don't pray, because I don't believe in Allah and Muhammed? I was always a good kid, I never back chat, I had fun with my dad, every Sunday we would go to play football with his friends at the local sports centre with all our friends. Why because of minor reasons should I be banished to hell? Surely Allah would accept me to Heaven if I just lived a good life which I plan to(Even though I have no reason to believe in heaven, because if I assume there is a Heaven).
2) Apostasy: Again, why should I not only be condoned to hell, but I should be killed? I only said I don't believe in Allah and because of that, I should be killed? Or even imprisoned?

I'm continuing to read the Qru'an and yet still have some reasons to believe in it or think it's actually true, because to me, it's just another Religion claiming to know God and how he thinks. But please, answer my questions if possible.

Thank you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
06-14-2012, 02:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by RasheedCP
1) Why am I going to hell?
That's probably a question you'd want to direct toward God if you should find yourself facing hell. I don't think anyone here can tell you, your final destination. Also given that you don't believe in God all together why is hell worrisome?

Death in case of Apostasy is if you're being treasonous against the state. Using it to cause tribulations and such..
You look alive and well to me, so go out there and enjoy your life and put this out of your mind!

best,

MustafaMc
06-14-2012, 02:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by RasheedCP
I am an Atheist... I turned around and said "I don't believe in Allah.

1) Why am I going to hell?
If you are an atheist, then why do you believe in Heaven and Hell? As an atheist you apparently don't believe in Allah. Since you don't believe in Allah, why are you worried about a non-existent being sending you to Hell? Surely as an atheist, you believe that you will merely cease to exist at your death. Right?
2) Apostasy: Again, why should I not only be condoned to hell, but I should be killed? I only said I don't believe in Allah and because of that, I should be killed? Or even imprisoned?
Who has threatened to kill or imprison you for being an atheist? Why are you worried about this? As an atheist why don't you just, 'Eat, drink and be merry.'?

Hulk
06-14-2012, 02:32 AM
Instead of asking "Why am I going to hell?" or "Why I should be killed?", why don't you ask "Is there a Creator?". After all, if you don't believe in a Creator then it shouldn't affect you should it?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~ Sabr ~
06-14-2012, 05:58 AM
What MustafaMC said.

dqsunday
06-14-2012, 06:23 AM
The comments above pretty much express my thoughts on your question... but one thing that caught my attention is your name..rasheed. Its very similar to the Hindi raashee.. (star sign.. aka zodiac sign) I don't speak Hindi but that I do watch Bollywood films time to time..and one was 'What's your Raashee (whats your star sign?) which was amusing. Anyway, I am curious what your name means, if you don't mind telling.

Just to keep on topic... Allah is the creator of all, including us and the heavens and Earth. Hell is more the fire sinners and disbelieves end up. A torment/terrible fate. I have always felt being burned alive as a horrible way to die, I would hate to spend eternally burning and feeling all that pain. But, if you don't believe in a God (Allah) then by default you shouldn't believe in heaven or hell, as such wouldn't exist without a God. Heaven and Hell would then be a symbolic representation of how life on Earth would be, if you do good and treat people well, life can be good and you can be content..but if you do evil and treat people badly then your life can be like hell (ie being criminal will most likely have you thrown in jail or worse..executed).

The Holy Qur'an IS the word of God, as told to the Prophet Muhammad (salallahu alayhi wasalam), over the span of 23 years.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!