/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Losing Motivation And Mentally Drained

anonymous
06-13-2012, 11:33 PM
:sl:

Just a quick question, how can one regain their desire and passion?

I used to be pretty good at many things but now i am below average at nearly everything I do. The fire i used to have, the willingness to jump in there and put it all on the line is all gone. Nowadays im reluctant to get my hands dirty, fearful of doing something wrong whereas before i was pretty much fearless and confident i would get it right.

I really dont know what im doing wrong and have no idea how to go back to how i was, (or near enough to how i was), its like ive lost ability, aswell as the hunger to succeed. Physically im weak but Mentally even more so and i think that's where the problem lies. Ive just lost the drive to be at my best and its kind of putting me down at the moment.

Thank you for your reading and any advice would be appreciated

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
06-14-2012, 01:57 AM
I feel the same way.. I pray to God it is just a phase but I have been in this rut for a few months.. you know having good friends helps.. You don't have to be 100% all the time.. It is strange how this reminds me of how folks back then used digitalis to beat the heart into working harder and harder until it just dies, and they never thought to use a medication to slow the heart down, with the absurdity that you shouldn't slow down something that's already failing and needs to work harder.. but that is actually the best thing it reduces the load it works slower and better more efficiently than just beating it into doing work it can't..

so maybe just take it easy and ride the wave instead of swimming hard against it.. Some things are meant to be embraced rather than fought and I think asking the aid of Allah swt is probably the only option when in a place like this..

:w:

Snowflake
06-14-2012, 02:04 AM

I wonder if it could be al ayn? The evil eye (nazar). You can treat yourself with ruqyah. I used to be a whirlwind of activity and was really strong for a girl. Then one day out of the blue I could barely walk. To cut a long story short and about 20 years of ill health later, I accidently found myself in the company of Rakis, who realizing from experience that I was 'afflicted with something' did ruqyah on me. The ruqyah water made me vomit (a sign of black magic). They gave me ruqyah water to take home with me, which I drank for 3 days. I'll never forget those three days imsad After being ill for so long it was like I'd come back from death. I could feel strength in my bones. I was in no pain. I felt alive. I could actually think straight without struggling. Feelings I'd long forgotten. Then I noticed some organisms in the water and threw it away. I also felt I was cured and didn't do the ruqyah they told me to do. Slowly but surely my symptoms came back and my health got worse than before. Finally, I started listening to ruqyah (using headphones) and within one month (suppose to do it for 8 weeks at least or until you're better) I started feeling healthy again. Then eid came and staying at my Mum's my routine went out the window. And I don't mean last Eid. Since then I never truly managed it again except for a few days here and there. That's not enough. To treat yourself you really have to make the effort. It's hard when you're ill and tired. But these days I've once again resolved to start the ruqyah and pray to Allah I can stick with it.

You should learn about ruqyah (if you don't know already) and do it for yourself insha Allah. Even if it is something other than ayn, insha Allah you will benefit from it regardless.

http://www.missionislam.com/health/quranhealing.html

TrueStranger
06-15-2012, 05:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous

Just a quick question, how can one regain their desire and passion?

I used to be pretty good at many things but now i am below average at nearly everything I do. The fire i used to have, the willingness to jump in there and put it all on the line is all gone. Nowadays im reluctant to get my hands dirty, fearful of doing something wrong whereas before i was pretty much fearless and confident i would get it right.

I think age and experience make us a bit more cautious. I used to be fearless and self-assured, now days I'm cautious when it comes to the things that matter and indifferent to the rest.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anonymous
06-18-2012, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the replies

format_quote Originally Posted by منوة الخيال
I feel the same way.. I pray to God it is just a phase but I have been in this rut for a few months.. you know having good friends helps.. You don't have to be 100% all the time..

so maybe just take it easy and ride the wave instead of swimming hard against it.. Some things are meant to be embraced rather than fought and I think asking the aid of Allah swt is probably the only option when in a place like this..

:w:

I thought it was a phase however i dont think it is as ive been stuck in a rut and couldnt achieve what ive wanted for years, I wouldn't say im old, though i do feel twice my age. Its as if an external force is pushing me into a position where i feel all depressed and stressed day in day out

Just cant pinpoint where im going wrong

format_quote Originally Posted by Snowflake

I wonder if it could be al ayn? The evil eye (nazar). You can treat yourself with ruqyah. I used to be a whirlwind of activity and was really strong for a girl. Then one day out of the blue I could barely walk. To cut a long story short and about 20 years of ill health later, I accidently found myself in the company of Rakis, who realizing from experience that I was 'afflicted with something' did ruqyah on me. The ruqyah water made me vomit (a sign of black magic). They gave me ruqyah water to take home with me, which I drank for 3 days. I'll never forget those three days imsad After being ill for so long it was like I'd come back from death. I could feel strength in my bones. I was in no pain. I felt alive. I could actually think straight without struggling. Feelings I'd long forgotten. Then I noticed some organisms in the water and threw it away. I also felt I was cured and didn't do the ruqyah they told me to do. Slowly but surely my symptoms came back and my health got worse than before. Finally, I started listening to ruqyah (using headphones) and within one month (suppose to do it for 8 weeks at least or until you're better) I started feeling healthy again. Then eid came and staying at my Mum's my routine went out the window. And I don't mean last Eid. Since then I never truly managed it again except for a few days here and there. That's not enough. To treat yourself you really have to make the effort. It's hard when you're ill and tired. But these days I've once again resolved to start the ruqyah and pray to Allah I can stick with it.

You should learn about ruqyah (if you don't know already) and do it for yourself insha Allah. Even if it is something other than ayn, insha Allah you will benefit from it regardless.

http://www.missionislam.com/health/quranhealing.html
:wa:

This is what ive been pondering over for years, maybe someone has taken the life out of me with the evil that is black magic but i don't want to blame anything else as i feel its a cop out. Nothing in my life is moving on, its the same as it was years ago and i dont know why. Loss of motivation, confidence..its as if every ounce of energy i had has been drained out of me. I just cant explain it

Maybe it is the evil eye, I guess i will have to do a bit of resarch and explore all posibilities

format_quote Originally Posted by TrueStranger

I think age and experience make us a bit more cautious. I used to be fearless and self-assured, now days I'm cautious when it comes to the things that matter and indifferent to the rest.

Age is definitely a factor however i dont understand how one can go from energetic to the polar opposite. Its like im a different person

Snowflake
06-18-2012, 04:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Thanks for the replies
I thought it was a phase however i dont think it is as ive been stuck in a rut and couldnt achieve what ive wanted for years, I wouldn't say im old, though i do feel twice my age. Its as if an external force is pushing me into a position where i feel all depressed and stressed day in day out
Just cant pinpoint where im going wrong

This is what ive been pondering over for years, maybe someone has taken the life out of me with the evil that is black magic but i don't want to blame anything else as i feel its a cop out. Nothing in my life is moving on, its the same as it was years ago and i dont know why. Loss of motivation, confidence..its as if every ounce of energy i had has been drained out of me. I just cant explain it

Maybe it is the evil eye, I guess i will have to do a bit of resarch and explore all posibilities

Age is definitely a factor however i dont understand how one can go from energetic to the polar opposite. Its like im a different person

I'm thankful that you took what I said into consideration. While I wouldn't automatically jump to conclusions of ayn/sihr, but I believe that when is no obvious cause to explain circumstances then it's not being paranoid to think that darker forces could be at work.

Book 50, Number 50.1.2: Malik related to me from Ibn Shihab that Abu Umama ibn Sahl ibn Hunayf said, ''Amir ibn Rabia saw Sahl ibn Hunayf doing a ghusl and said, 'I have not seen the like of what I see today, not even the skin of a maiden who has never been out of doors.' Sahl fell to the ground. The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, was approached and it was said, 'Messenger of Allah, can you do anything about Sahl ibn Hunayf? By Allah, he can not raise his head.' He said, 'Do you suspect anyone of it?' They said, 'We suspect Amir ibn Rabia.' " He continued, "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, summoned Amir and was furious with him and said, 'Why does one of you kill his brother? Why did you not say, "May Allah bless you?" Do ghusl for it.' Amir washed his face, hands, elbows, knees, the end of his feet, and inside his lower garment in a vessel. Then he poured it over him, and Sahl went off with the people, and there was nothing wrong with him."

All it takes is one look of hasad, or even admiration for the harm to be done. It could happen anytime, anywhere, from friend or foe. Insha Allah do look into the possibilities as you said, and recite the mu'awwidhatayn for future protection.

Imam an-Nasa'i recorded in his Sunan an-Nasa'i that Ibn Abis al-Juhani said that the Prophet (SAW) said to him, "O Ibn Abis! Shall I guide you to — or inform you — of the best thing that those who seek protection use for protection?" He replied, “Of course, O Messenger of Allah!” The Prophet (SAW) said, "'Say: I seek refuge with the Lord of Al-Falaq.' (Surah al-Falaq, Qur'an Ch.113) and 'Say: “I seek refuge with the Lord of mankind.' (Surah an-Nas, Qur'an Ch.114) These two Surahs (are the best protection)." (Tafsir ibn Kathir)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!