/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What State of Mind...

yasirslm
06-14-2012, 04:54 AM
Dear Brothers/Sisters,

:sl:

I have been in situation where sometime I feel the routine work I am going to perform or going somewhere by driving my car it seems like I have already done it or already been to same place but don't know when??...what is the state of mind.....I am unable to understand. I have asked this question to my friends/colleagues and their reply was the same as of mine as they have also felt the same situation.

Peace!!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~ Sabr ~
06-14-2012, 05:54 AM
:wasalamex

It's called Deja Vu

yasirslm
06-14-2012, 05:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah
:wasalamex

It's called Deja Vu
And what is Deja Vu ??????^o)

glo
06-14-2012, 05:59 AM
There are a number of supposed explanations for deja-vu - mostly relating to how the brain processes and stores events in its memory.

You might find this link useful as a starting point.

Deja-vu means 'already seen' in French. It is quite a common phenomenon, so nothing to worry about! :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
dqsunday
06-14-2012, 06:07 AM
Deja-vu basically is the feeling you have been somewhere or did something before but can't really recall actually doing it. Sometimes its going to a place you don't recall every being before but it feels like you have. Same idea if you have done something before. Its a little disconcerting but everybody experiences it at some point...and there are tons of theories for it. If you google or search online for 'deja-vu' you will find articles about it.

yasirslm
06-14-2012, 06:42 AM
Ok I googled and found this as below but without references
"When the souls were created , Allah showed them their lifes. Deja vu are the fragments we remember of what our souls have been shown"

Don't know much about it.

~ Sabr ~
06-14-2012, 07:09 AM
What does Islam has to say about de ja vu?

A dejavu in all probability is a scene you may have seen in your dream. A dream that manifests itself in reality is called ru'ya saaliha - true dream. Although seeing a true dream is a good sign, one should not attach much importance to it since it is not within our volition.

Hazrat Moulana Thanwi (rahmatullah Alayhi) has said that we should not be concerned about those things which are beyond our control. Rather we should be worried about those things which are within our control, namely our deeds, actions and character.

Source: http://www.islam.tc/cgi-bin/askimam/...=2739&act=view

glo
06-14-2012, 07:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by yasirslm
Ok I googled and found this as below but without references
"When the souls were created , Allah showed them their lifes. Deja vu are the fragments we remember of what our souls have been shown"

Don't know much about it.
That's an interesting explanation from a religious perspective.

However, deja-vu experiences seem to be more common with mundane every-day events. If these were memories of our lives having been shown to us at the creation of our souls (I will start a thread on that elsewhere), wouldn't we be more likely to remember special life events?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!