/* */

PDA

View Full Version : drone attacks to stop? hmmmmmmmm

Abz2000
06-14-2012, 06:45 PM
US Congressmen demand justification for drone strikes

Huma Imtiaz
Express Tribune News
June 14, 2012WASHINGTON: Twenty-six US Congressmen have sent a letter to President Barack Obama “demanding a legal justification from the White House for signature drone strikes.”

According to a press release, Congressman Dennis Kucinich and 25 other members of the Congress said that drone strikes “could significantly increase risks of killing innocent civilians or those with no relationship to a potential attack on the US and further inflame anti-American sentiment abroad”.The letter, signed by 24 Democrat and 2 Republican members of the US House, demands information regarding the authorisation and execution of signature drone strikes along with the mechanisms used by the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) to ensure the legality of such killings.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/393471/u...drone-strikes/It also questions “the nature of the follow-up that is conducted when civilians are killed or injured… and the mechanisms that ensure civilian casualty numbers are collected, tracked and analysed.”

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
06-14-2012, 07:44 PM
They've some super equipments now they invest all the tax payers money either to Israel or to advance their military. They use infrared and waves outside the visible spectrum to commit their war crimes.. what are we doing? taking their crap as they dish it and dish it.

Jedi_Mindset
06-15-2012, 07:01 AM
Its not them to decide sadly, its the rothchild banking cabal. America is slowly moving its superpower towards israel. And will launch more wars in the future for the security of it(Syria, Iran). These drone strikes wont stop until America deceases as a superpower.

BadOlPuttyTat
06-15-2012, 07:18 AM
dude that image is faked! No system can fire those missile AGM114 Hellfire missiles without proper target acquisition and the predator doesnt have that as it was not meant for defensive roles. I can pull off numerous edits of that same photo and you can see the photoshopping in photo. The band drops are intact so obviously that photo is edited and an obvious fake.

Also as the drone attack, the congress is a bunch of war hungry Repubs. They declare war yet get mad at a Democrat because he is doing right. Obama uses drones and Repubs use the entire army, so pick the lesser of two evils. Yes Obama is killing Muslims but it is a war and considering the fact Obama is pulling out oil needs away from the Mid-East you cant say he is fighting for greed.
War is war and it cannot be stopped, get over it and embrace it (like I have). I understand the desire to protect the image of Islam but you must realize that there are times when you must kill even your siblings. People will rise up and cause war and continue a cycle of hatred and you must eventually know when to cast yourself away from it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pygoscelis
06-15-2012, 06:53 PM
Drones are a stupid idea from the very start of it.

1. You've got no pilot to worry about, so you are prone to get more indiscriminate and detached. You should have to actually pull the trigger... and you should have to look people in the eye, and then maybe you will realize you are taking a life and not playing a video game, and maybe see it for the grave action that it is. What really annoys me is when people will see a drone strike, or drop bombs from waaaay up high and then claim bravery. It is not brave to hide way up there in a plane or to use a remote control. Bravery would be rushing at somebody with nothing but a stone or a knife (like some Palestinians have done). Bravery is that Chinese guy that stood in front of a column of tanks!

2. This equipment is not perfect, especially if computer navigation is involved. How long until some terrorist reprograms one of these things and turns it back in the US? Glitches also can happen and you can wind up shooting and killing people you had no plan to or didn't even know where there.

Anyway, Kucinich and Ron Paul should be listened to. US foreign policy annoys me to no end.

Pygoscelis
06-15-2012, 06:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FreakOffALeash
War is war and it cannot be stopped, get over it and embrace it (like I have).
I really wouldn't call something so one sided a "war". That name is only used to try to make the invasions the US has engaged in more palatable. From 9/11 forward this should have been treated as a police action and the muslim countries should have been treated as sovereign nations and asked to cooperate in criminal investigation. It really bothered me when Bush went into Afghanistan without even trying this. If they harbor the people that attack the US and give no cooperation in getting them, then maybe send in assasins or something. There was no need to topple entire nations.

And the war can definitely be stopped. It is so one sided that there is no true thread of the US being invaded. Afghan and Iraqi tanks are not rolling through New York. Ron Paul is right on this issue. Pull out immediately and pay some reparations for the damage the US has done. Then in a few generations maybe some of the tension can calm. The US is allies and trading partners with Japan and Germany today after all.

Make trade, not war.

GuestFellow
06-15-2012, 10:45 PM
This is the only main strategy the US can employ.

جوري
06-15-2012, 11:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
From 9/11 forward this should have been treated as a police action and the muslim countries should have been treated as sovereign nations and asked to cooperate in criminal investigation. It really bothered me when Bush went into Afghanistan without even trying this
How would they cooperate in a criminal investigation when the criminals are bush and Co.?

Abz2000
06-16-2012, 12:08 AM
it's obvious who the real terrorists are in this battle between truth and falsehood, they were using armed drones in "no fly zones" that they themselves had fabricated. and were even using them to lure Iraq into war - long before 9/11.

An Iraqi MiG-25 shot down a Predator performing reconnaissance over the no fly zone in Iraq on December 23, 2002.
This was the first time in history a conventional aircraft and a drone had engaged each other in combat.
Predators had been armed with AIM-92 Stinger air-to-air missiles, and were being used to "bait" Iraqi fighters, then run.
In this incident, the Predator did not run, but instead fired one of its Stingers.
The Stinger's heat-seeker became "distracted" by the MiG's missile and missed the MiG. The Predator was hit by the MiG's missile and destroyed.
Another two Predators had been shot down earlier by Iraqi SAMs, one of them on September 11, 2001.

dqsunday
06-16-2012, 12:11 AM
dude that image is faked! No system can fire those missile AGM114 Hellfire missiles without proper target acquisition and the predator doesnt have that as it was not meant for defensive roles. I can pull off numerous edits of that same photo and you can see the Photoshopping in photo. The band drops are intact so obviously that photo is edited and an obvious fake.
Not sure if the image was meant more as symbolism or just trying to make the drone look more menacing. Either way I can see now that I looked closer, every single missile..is just a copy. They are all identical. (just check the smoke./flash) No blast is identical and a cluster formation like that..would affect each other's smoke a little. That and the smoke overlaps like they are solid masses, instead of blending into each other. Just a picture of the drone with missles copied and pasted in a pattern. Easily done really.

Perseveranze
06-16-2012, 01:49 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

“could significantly increase risks of killing innocent civilians or those with no relationship to a potential attack on the US and further inflame anti-American sentiment abroad
Could? I think that boat went a long time ago....

Pygoscelis
06-16-2012, 06:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by منوة الخيال

How would they cooperate in a criminal investigation when the criminals are bush and Co.?
I have no time for 9/11 truthers who claim that Bush was incompetent but somehow pulled off and got away with doing 9/11. The criminals were not Bush & Co until they embarked on an illegal invasion. And then the criminals included Obama when he refused to investigate Bush & Co for the war crimes that followed.

yasirslm
06-16-2012, 06:59 AM
Ok someone shared on face book barak obama visiting a Mosque in some country and taking his shoes off for entrance ,everyone was looking so happy that Mr.Obama respect our Holy places a lot....BUT ..this is his reply drone attacks
:raging:

BadOlPuttyTat
06-16-2012, 07:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
I really wouldn't call something so one sided a "war". That name is only used to try to make the invasions the US has engaged in more palatable. From 9/11 forward this should have been treated as a police action and the muslim countries should have been treated as sovereign nations and asked to cooperate in criminal investigation. It really bothered me when Bush went into Afghanistan without even trying this. If they harbor the people that attack the US and give no cooperation in getting them, then maybe send in assasins or something. There was no need to topple entire nations.

And the war can definitely be stopped. It is so one sided that there is no true thread of the US being invaded. Afghan and Iraqi tanks are not rolling through New York. Ron Paul is right on this issue. Pull out immediately and pay some reparations for the damage the US has done. Then in a few generations maybe some of the tension can calm. The US is allies and trading partners with Japan and Germany today after all.

Make trade, not war.

Ehhh true. Bush treated this as a war. Iraq and Afghanistan are not wars.
Knocking on doors and using investigative techniques to find bad guys is by no meas a war lol. So I really get your point but I am just using the term as everyone else int he US defines it.
Th US tore these nations up and just left like it was a meeting in a Sunday church. I personally liked Ron Paul but I am no fan of plutocrats nor theo-Fascists.

BadOlPuttyTat
06-16-2012, 07:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by dqsunday
Not sure if the image was meant more as symbolism or just trying to make the drone look more menacing. Either way I can see now that I looked closer, every single missile..is just a copy. They are all identical. (just check the smoke./flash) No blast is identical and a cluster formation like that..would affect each other's smoke a little. That and the smoke overlaps like they are solid masses, instead of blending into each other. Just a picture of the drone with missles copied and pasted in a pattern. Easily done really.

So you noticed also :p . I have no interest in the topic but I am fixated on that pic for some reason lol

yasirslm
06-16-2012, 07:16 AM
In my country

dqsunday
06-16-2012, 07:44 AM
So you noticed also . I have no interest in the topic but I am fixated on that pic for some reason lol
Yeah, seen enough multi-missile firing Japanese anime robots/mecha to realize that photo didn't look right. When you brought it up I looked closer and saw exactly why it didn't look right. Besides, there is one missile will take out the drone...common sense would dictate that the US military does try to avoid shooting down their own drones/planes. (though they seem fine with shooting and bombing their allies...*recalls several such incidents to Canadian UN forces in not so distant past*)

BadOlPuttyTat
06-16-2012, 08:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by dqsunday
Yeah, seen enough multi-missile firing Japanese anime robots/mecha to realize that photo didn't look right. When you brought it up I looked closer and saw exactly why it didn't look right. Besides, there is one missile will take out the drone...common sense would dictate that the US military does try to avoid shooting down their own drones/planes. (though they seem fine with shooting and bombing their allies...*recalls several such incidents to Canadian UN forces in not so distant past*)
That was a funny case but they didnt bomb themselves.
What happened is when the ground crew changed the batteries out their LDD's that the GPS relocates back to your position! lol
Aircraft crew cant see from ground so they just dropped where the GPS was signaling which was in the mans hands lol. Killed a bunch of marines and Canadians. Same happened with a bunch of Brits.
May seem cruel but I find it funny knowing even the US military needs batteries ;D . But friendly fire is common because nobody knows where anyone is.

Periwinkle18
06-16-2012, 10:42 AM
They won't stop the drones... If they say they will they're lying

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!