/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a hadeeth ...

MysticSoumeya
06-15-2012, 09:52 AM
Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi 'alaikum,

I have been debating with my husband about a fact in Islam. Hard-headed me wants to have the last word, hey, I'm a woman!

Well, hubby says that one who eats camel's meat should do wudu automatically. I told him that it's related to a story that emphasizes the supreme tact of our Prophet (saws). I read somewhere that Rassul Allah (saws) was with his companions around a camp fire. It was 'Isha prayer time. At this moment, He smelled a particular smell, not wanting to embarrass any of his companions, He said:"Whomever ate the camel's meat should do wudu" (knowing all of them had eaten it)

Please, I want the Hadeeth that refers or just proves it's true :p

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~ Sabr ~
06-15-2012, 10:35 AM
:wasalamex

The correct view is that the one who eats the meat of a camel – old or young, male or female, cooked or raw – has to do wudoo’. There are several reports which serve as evidence (daleel) for this:

The hadeeth of Jaabir: the Prophet :saws: was asked,
“Should I do wudoo’ after eating camel meat?” He said, “Yes.” The person said: “Should I do wudoo’ after eating mutton?” He said, “If you wish.”
(Narrated by Muslim, 360).

The hadeeth of al-Baraa’: the Prophet :saws: was asked about eating camel meat.
He said, “Do wudoo’ after eating it.” He was asked about mutton, and he said, “Do not do wudoo’.”
(Narrated by Abu Dawood, 184; al-Tirmidhi, 81. Classed as saheeh by Imaam Ahmad and Ishaaq ibn Raahawayh).

Some of them take as evidence a story that has no basis; the story in question may be summed up as follows:

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was addressing the people one day, and one of them emitted an odour (i.e., passed wind), but he felt too shy to get up from among the people. He had also eaten camel meat, so the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, covering for him, “Whoever has eaten camel meat, let him do wudoo’.” So a group of people who had eaten camel meat got up and went and did wudoo’.

Response:

Shaykh al-Albaani (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

This story has no basis anywhere in the books of Sunnah or elsewhere in the books of Fiqh and Tafseer, as far as I know.

(al-Silsilah al-Da’eefah, 3/268).

The correct view regarding this matter is that the ruling on doing wudoo’ after eating anything that has been touched by fire has been abrogated, but it is obligatory to do wudoo’ after eating camel meat.

Source: http://islamqa.info/en/ref/7103

So your husband is right sis :D

AabiruSabeel
06-15-2012, 11:09 AM
:sl:

The fatwa posted above is the view of Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal (رحمة الله عليه).
But according to Imam Shafi'ee, Imam Abu Hanifah and Imam Malik, the Hadith that says there's no need for wudhu for anything that is cooked on fire takes precedence over the other Ahadith regarding this issue, so there is no need to perform wudhu after eating camel meat.

http://www.islam.tc/cgi-bin/askimam/...6464&act=print

Wuzu does not get nullified by eating meat of camel. It is proved by the Prophet صلي الله عليه وسلم)) as it is mentioned in Hadith:
كان أخر الأ مرين من رسول لله صلي الله عليه وسلم ترك الوضوء مما مست النار
However, the traditions mentioning wuzu imply that wuzu is just mustahab i.e. it is better to make wuzu.

فالأحسن ان يقال: إن الأمر بالوضو محمول علي الاستحباب و تركه بيان الجواز (اعلا ء السنن1/(107

Allah (Subhana Wa Ta'ala) knows Best
Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

http://darulifta-deoband.org/showuse...all=en&id=5590

~ Sabr ~
06-15-2012, 11:14 AM
:salamext: brother

Just wondering, because 3 imams have said it, does it make the opinion of Imam Ibn Hanbal less authentic?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AabiruSabeel
06-15-2012, 11:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah
Just wondering, because 3 imams have said it, does it make the opinion of Imam Ibn Hanbal less authentic?
No, it does not. Because each madhhab is based on certain principles and each of them have strong evidence for their rulings. The methodology of the madhhab decides which Hadith should take precedence over another so one cannot simply choose a Hadith in his favour at certain times and reject it when it is unfavaourable for him.

~ Sabr ~
06-15-2012, 11:22 AM
Ok, and what if a person does not follow a certain madhab? E.g. our new revert brothers+sisters?

How does that work out?

AabiruSabeel
06-15-2012, 11:24 AM
They follow the scholar who is most accessible to them, in turn following the madhhab of that scholar.

MysticSoumeya
06-15-2012, 08:56 PM
Looks like we're going to debate about it for some time .... ;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!