/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Quran Miracle

BadOlPuttyTat
06-15-2012, 06:02 PM
Been back to reading the Quran and I have taken note of its weird prose which doesnt quite have a specific style. The Quran isnt written as a holy history book like the Bible and is not written like a spiritual manual like the Upanishads.
Is it safe to say that the Quran is the worlds only piece of "Divine Poetry"? The Quran if you ask me is written in such a similar format to that of the book of Psalms but heavily differs from anything else.
What would you regard the Quran as regarding its linguistic structure? I regard it as "Sacred Poetry" for some reason :hmm: . Muhammad couldnt write so naturally the Quran was memorized and I think this is what makes it great. The fact that it was spoken from the tongue not from the pen. I myself cannot write great as compared to my speech which people highly enjoy. So the Quran was memorized from speech and not from the copy of a book which makes it format very strange. The fact that the Quran was written down as if a person was speaking to another makes it seem weird and very impressive. I am not even a Muslim and I enjoy the Quran because its general structure makes me scratch my head like a dumb ape because its very puzzling to understand.
I am not trying to make the Quran look like a story book nor belittle it. I am just simply amazed by its structure and how it is written and I assume it becomes more impressive when read in Arabic.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~ Sabr ~
06-15-2012, 06:04 PM
"And We did not give Prophet Muhammad, knowledge of poetry, nor is it befitting for him. It is not but a message and a clear Qur'aan."
[Qur'aan, Chapter 36, Verse 69]

Scimitar
06-15-2012, 06:08 PM
Here you go FOAL, this will answer your questions.

Scimi

Perseveranze
06-15-2012, 06:50 PM
Watch this, it's an orientilist who you can relate to that explains things pretty well. It should help you understand better;

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
dqsunday
06-15-2012, 08:05 PM
It could be how the translation sounds too, FreakOffALeash, Some do translate it into English in a way that makes it sound like the Gospel. I find this format confusing and am very glad the translation I bought of the Qur'an is translated in modern English. I have no idea if there are any online/digitial formats, but I only bought the book version as I do like having the physicality of a book to read, so I don't always have to be sitting infront of my computer. I do like to get away at times and its far easier to read the Qur'an before going to bed if i can actually have it with me in bed. The translation I have is by M.A.S. Abdel Haleem.

- Qatada -
06-15-2012, 09:12 PM
Asalaamu alaykum waRahmatullahi waBarakaatuh

Qur’an
– the Linguistic Miracle.

(150 pages!)

Download for:

DOWNLOAD 1 - Adobe Reader
(pdf) (2.2mb)
|
DOWNLOAD 2 - Microsoft Word
(doc) (1.1mb)
|
Download 3 - Wordpad(rtf) (8.5mb)

Also Download Related Book:

Learn to Understand Arabic in just 12 Colored Tables!

Understand Arabic in 12 Colored Tables
(just 35 pages!)

Download
the BOOK for FREE here:
(for viewing on:

Adobe Reader (1.6MB)
MS Word (2.6MB)
Wordpad
)

(Right click & Click; Save Target/Link As to start the Download.)
You’ll love this book and learn how to understand Arabic within 1 month inshaa’ Allah!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!