/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Maher Zain 'halal' nasheeds?

Aishath
06-15-2012, 11:16 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

I wasn't sure if this was more suited for Islamic multimedia or this forum.

I have been trying to listen to more nasheeds recently and the other day I purchased a lot of Maher Zain VOICE ONLY nasheeds on itunes. Now I know some of his stuff contained music instruments so that's why I specifically chose voice only version.

I was just listening to one of his nasheeds 'hold my hand' vocals only version on youtube and i noticed that in the comments some people were saying they notices piano instruments were being used, and some others were saying no that was done just by vocals.

Has anyone come across this before? I feel a bit bad as I literally spent almost my entire iTunes voucher purchasing his nasheeds from itunes and now I'm not sure if what I'm hearing is piano or vocals sort of sung in a melodical manner.

What do you think?? If it says voice only, should I just go with that if I'm unsure?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ANBU Izuna
01-31-2016, 01:06 PM
Sorry to inform you but any instruments (other than the duff) is haram and disliked in the islamic world. musical instruments are put in the same category committing zina and drinking alcohol so i would play it safe and just stick to vocals only. if you are in need of some vocal nasheeds i am happy to supply them :3

Finding Peace
01-31-2016, 03:55 PM
I been there, I stopped because of the music instruments. Someone had asked about the same question, I copied it for you.

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.
It has come to our knowledge that most of the Nasheeds of Maher Zain contain music; therefore it will be impermissible to listen to the Nasheeds of Maher Zain even though it may contain vocals only.
Hereunder are our general observations regarding many present day Nasheeds and Nazams:
The purpose of Nazams and Nasheeds are as follows:
1. To flame the love of Allah (Ta’ala) within the hearts of the listeners.
2. To encourage people to follow the Sunnah of Rasullullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam).
3. To embellish the hearts of the listeners with the good qualities of Taqwa, Sabr, good character, e.t.c.
4. To enjoin good and forbid evil.
5. To create an aversion for sin within the hearts of the people.

However, we find that most of the present day Nasheeds and Nasheed artists have the following:
1. Music.
2. Emulation of music and musical instruments.
3. The outward appearance of most of the present day Nasheed artists is inconsistent with the message that they are conveying. Many do not practice on the Shariah and the Sunnah of Rasullullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam).
4. Pure entertainment and frivolity.
5. Emulating the ways and practices of the Kuffar (Tashabbuh).
Such Nasheeds can never direct one to the true spirit of Deen and Shariah. The emotions experienced through such Nasheeds are at most one’s imagination or at most one’s conjecture of closeness to Deen, whereas they are far from the true spirit and purpose of Deen and Shariah

*inshallah that you got your answer sister and you know sometimes we think it's just a little sin and we keep doing it but it will pail up and may lead us to the hellfire. So seek refuge from Allah and inshallah that you find good nasheeds without music. And if you like "Hold my hand", then just like print put the lyrics or something. Or just listen to Quran and the different voices people recite it in. May Allah may us all of the ones to enter Jannah. ☺

ardianto
01-31-2016, 05:31 PM
Wa'alaikumsalam.

There are two versions of "Maher Zain - Hold My Hand". One is full of musical instrument. Another is which claimed as vocal only.

I have listened to the vocal only version. Yes, it uses piano although disguised by background voice and bass sound that played by mouth.

Just for info. Many of which claimed as Muslim Acapella and Muslim Beatbox actually still use real musical instrument although disguised by mouth voices.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!