/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Saudi Crown Prince Nayef is Dead

Jedi_Mindset
06-16-2012, 12:14 PM
RIYADH: Saudi Crown Prince Nayef bin Abdul Aziz, a half brother of King Abdullah and the kingdom’s long-serving interior minister, died on Saturday, state television announced.
The 79-year-old Prince Nayef, who recently left Saudi Arabia for medical treatment, had “died outside the kingdom,” said Al-Ekhbariyah Television, quoting a statement from the royal court.
His funeral would be held on Sunday after sunset prayers in the Muslim holy city of Mecca, after his body is repatriated.
Powerful Nayef, who led an iron-fisted crackdown on al Qaeda following a wave of attacks in Saudi Arabia between 2003 and 2006, became heir to the throne in October last year following the death of crown prince Sultan, his full brother.
Nayef was the middle prince of the Sudairi Seven, the formidable bloc of sons of King Abdul Aziz by a favorite wife, Princess Hassa al Sudairi.
No one is officially in line to replace Nayef, but his brother Prince Salman, who took over the porfolio of defence minister after Sultan’s death, appears a strong candidate.
Prince Nayef had been abroad on several occasions this year for medical reasons, including to Algeria, the United States, and Switzerland, where he was seen a few days ago.
The nature of his illness has not been made public.
Less than two weeks ago, his brother Prince Ahmed bin Abdulaziz was quoted as saying in a Saudi daily that the crown prince was in “good health” and that he would “soon” return to the kingdom.
On May 26, state news agency SPA said Prince Nayef had left the country for medical tests abroad for the second time in less than three months, without naming the destination.
In March, the royal palace said he went to Algeria on holiday after the results of medical tests he underwent in the US city of Cleveland were reported as “reassuring.”
He returned to Saudi Arabia from Algeria on April 10.
The advanced age and failing health of the king and of his half-brothers in line to succeed him have raised concerns about the future of the oil giant in the face of the turmoil rocking the Arab world.

http://dawn.com/2012/06/16/saudi-crown-prince-nayef-dead-state-tv/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
06-16-2012, 12:53 PM
Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi Raji'oon. May Allah forgive him and raise his status in Jannah. May Allah grant sabr to his family and the residents of the kingdom.

May Allah grant everlasting peace on the land of Haramain and protect it from all types of fitnah from inside as well as outside.

اللهم آمنا فى اوطاننا و اصلح ائمتنا و اولات امورنا
اللهم ادم على بلاد الحرمين الشريفين امنها و رخائها و عزها و استقرارها و وفق قادتها لما فيه عز الاسلام و المسلمين و خدمة الحجاج و الزوار و المعتمرين
اللهم وفق قادة المسلمين لتحكيم شرعك و التباع سنة نبيك محمد صلى الله عليه و سلم
آمين

Ramadan90
06-16-2012, 12:59 PM
^^ Amen!

Muhaba
06-16-2012, 01:13 PM
well he was saved from becoming king!

inna lillahi wa inna ilaih rajioon. May Allah grant the muslimeen momineen jannah. ameen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abz2000
06-16-2012, 01:16 PM
Innalillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un

Allah knows best his heart and may He forgive him any faults if he was true to Allah and His Messenger.

different news outlets gave different responses about him, but then, who can trust those liars.

here's an interesting one i found:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/17/world/middleeast/saudi-crown-prince-nayef-dies-led-crackdown-on-al-qaeda.html?pagewanted=all

In November 2002, Prince Nayef told the Arabic-language Kuwaiti daily Assyasah that Jews were behind the Sept. 11 attacks because they have benefited from subsequent criticism of Islam and Arabs. He came under heavy criticism in the United States, especially because he was the man in charge of Saudi investigations into the attack. Criticism grew in the United States that the Saudis were not doing enough to stem extremism in their country or combat Al Qaeda.....

He built his power though his fierce crackdown against Al Qaeda branch after the Sept. 11 attacks
and a broader campaign to prevent the growth of Islamic militancy among Saudis.

By 2008, it was believed that Al Qaeda’s branch was largely broken in the country. Militant leaders who survived or were not jailed largely fled to Yemen, where they joined Yemeni militants in reviving Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula.

Prince Nayef took a leading role in combating the branch in Yemen as well. The cooperation against Al Qaeda both in the kingdom and in Yemen significantly bolstered ties with the United States.

The anti-militant campaign also strengthened Prince Nayef’s ties to the religious establishment, which he saw as a major tool in keeping stability and preventing the spread of violent Qaeda-style “jihadi” theology.

format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
May Allah grant everlasting peace on the land of Haramain and protect it from all types of fitnah from inside as well as outside.
ameen.

The 64th Air Expeditionary Group (64 AEG) is a United States Air Force unit subordinate to the 379th Air Expeditionary Wing, and located at
Eskan Village in Saudi Arabia, a compound about 20 km southeast of Riyadh.

Established prior to World War II, its predecessor unit, the 64th Transport (later Troop Carrier) Group engaged in combat operations, first with the Eighth Air Force and primarily with Twelfth Air Force during the war.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/64th_Ai...itionary_Group

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/eskan-village.htm

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/eskan-village-pics.htm

The eskan village housing complex of 841 "villas" and 44 high rise towers was built in 1983 for one of the many Bedouin tribes that live in the desert here. However, the tribe decided to maintain their lifestyle in the desert and the village complex was never occupied.....
....The average "Villa" has five bedrooms, three baths and a living room and kitchen. One bedroom, in addition to having its own television set, has a private bathroom with tub and shower. The two bedrooms near the entry have a bathroom with shower nearby.

hmmmm, didn't know it was normal to build such things for whole tribes without even asking them, and then just leaving them empty when they refuse to occupy them, only to be conveniently available to the u.s military within 7 years.........

Allah alone knows the heart of that crown prince, but to wage war against the idea of an Islamic Military, while allowing the armies of the dajjal to occupy the lands doesn't make Islamic sense.

Abz2000
06-16-2012, 01:48 PM
brother, i believe it's better we pray that Allah guides them, while making the ummah aware of the current situation as it is absolutely necessary that we have a conscious and informed public capable of thinking for themselves

Jedi_Mindset
06-16-2012, 01:53 PM
Yes i'll pray for the ones who are still living now, but for the dead ones its too late. May Allah(SWT) guide them to the right path and may they stop shaking hands with the kufar. Ameen

But bro, praying for an oppressor, i just cant. I've got to admit that. Every arab leader is a agent of the west and rothchild dynasty. I can't understand why my posts are getting deleted though, are my posts also getting deleted when i speak out against bashar-al assad or netanyahu? the irony man

Abz2000
06-16-2012, 03:50 PM
lol, well it is reported that the Prophet pbuh did pray that Allah strengthened Islam with either 'umar bin al-khattab or 'amr ibn hisham (abu jahl) both of which tortured Muslims, it turned out that 'Umar ibn al-khattab later became leader of the believers.

difficult though it may be, we can try,

i believe there is more benefit in them submitting to the Authority of Allah and supporting us, than just allying with our enemies against us and causing more turmoil. although if they do oppose the coming khilafah, they themselves will lose credibility and galvanize the nation more towards Islam and against kufr.
the western devils are trying to strike a delicate balance, of using of the cover Islam to keep the masses pacified, while slowly luring them away via mass media. Allah's plan will prevail soon InshaAllah. but i do believe it's better they come on board than cause us grief.

And Allah knows best

جوري
06-16-2012, 04:08 PM
I don't like the so-called royals but I don't find any joy in anyone's death.. When a person dies they're helpless to do anything to defend themselves so he's in Allah swt's hands now..
He seemed to have lived a very long prosperous life otherwise which is more than we can say for most Muslims the Muslim world over so.. inna lillah wa'inna ilyhi raji3oon, let's focus on the living and leave the dead to their judgement.
May Allah swt grant victory to Islam and Muslims.

ameen

Muhammad
06-16-2012, 04:36 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Mindset
Yes i'll pray for the ones who are still living now, but for the dead ones its too late. May Allah(SWT) guide them to the right path and may they stop shaking hands with the kufar. Ameen

But bro, praying for an oppressor, i just cant. I've got to admit that. Every arab leader is a agent of the west and rothchild dynasty. I can't understand why my posts are getting deleted though, are my posts also getting deleted when i speak out against bashar-al assad or netanyahu? the irony man
We should not be hasty in speaking against Muslim rulers without having knowledge of its permissibility, and if allowed, the proper reasons and limits in doing so. In all our actions we need to strive to act with wisdom and consider the benefit that will be achieved and whether or not it will lead to greater harm.

Regarding not wanting to pray for any oppressor:

It is reported that Al-Fudayl b. ‘Ayyâd – Allâh have mercy on him – said, “If I had one supplication that was going to be answered I would make it for the ruler (imâm), for the wellbeing and righteousness of the imâm means wellbeing for the land and its people.” Al-Dhahabî, Siyar A’lâm Al-Nubalâ` in his biography of Al-Fudayl b. ‘Ayyâd.

Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal (d.241H) – rahimahullaah – said,
“Verily I supplicate for the ruler, for his correctness, success and support – night and day – and I see this as being obligatory upon me.’’ Refer to as-Sunnah (no. 14) of Aboo Bakr al-Khallaal.

This thread is about a Muslim who has passed away and whatever he has done in this life, his affair is with Allaah (swt) who will just him with perfect justice and He alone knows the full details of this person's life. I do not know what we seek to achieve by mentioning such a person's sins on a forum.

Lastly, here are some questions and points to reflect over:

1. Does backbiting a Muslim ruler cause you to sin, be rewarded or neither?

2. Does backbiting a Muslim ruler benefit you in your religion? Does it make you a better Muslim, a bad Muslim or neither?

3. This is the job of scholars to decide to do so or not and when to do so as it is suitable, while laypeople (like ourselves) should observe, look for and be concerned with what will benefit us in this life and hereafter.

Thread closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!