/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I know this is bad

anonymous
06-16-2012, 10:20 PM
Salaam

I just don't have the motivation to pray even tho I beleive Islam is the true religion.
I even get angry at the thought of others doing haraam yet I can't even pray and I don't feel guilty.

How does that even add up?

I prayed esha namaaz today an prayed so quickly I felt I wasn't close to deen I didn't feel that emotional special connection you get when you pray.

What is wrong with me?

However I can't leave the house without my hijab. I follow other rules it's just salaat!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
06-16-2012, 11:24 PM
:sl: Sis,

I could be wrong but I thought many of us go through times when we feel like that. I see these times like viruses. They come, run their course and go. I don't think it matters as long as you don't stop praying. Just tell yourself Allah has the right to be worshipped, and He deserves to be worshipped, and think of Allah's blessing that He's given you and pray. Stay steadfast and sooner or later you'll find the feeling to pray coming back again. :)

anonymous
06-17-2012, 07:50 AM
In the past I use to pray and I felt it got me nowhere. I don't know if that makes sense as I beleive Islam is the true religion therefore we must pray 5 times a day.

I've just lost hope I guess

Hulk
06-17-2012, 09:58 AM
Learn Islam from proper teachers and also be in the presence of people who remind you of God.

I think you are at a current state where intellectually you can accept Islam but your heart is closed. Just my 2 cents.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Alpha Dude
06-17-2012, 10:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
In the past I use to pray and I felt it got me nowhere. I don't know if that makes sense as I beleive Islam is the true religion therefore we must pray 5 times a day.

I've just lost hope I guess
Even if we were to worship Allah in the best of forms, praying 5 times a day, giving all but the necessary money we have in charity, performing hajj, umrah, fasting 1 day on one day off, taking care of the sick, the orphans, submitting our entire lives to Allah and for the purpose of Islam, even then, we should not feel as though Allah 'owes' us something for this worship.

We have to do it because it is a duty, not because we think we'd gain some wordly benefit (could be anything, e.g. family harmony, health, job security, partner etc.). There is no automatic entitlement that we get enrolled onto once we do worship.

It's a duty we need to do in times of goodness and in times of bad.

Even if we were destitute with no limbs, no family, no love, no roof over our heads we still have to worship him.

Allah is worthy of worship, regardless of our individual plights.

We need to be content with the decree of Allah and submit to his wisdom whilst being patient.

- Qatada -
06-17-2012, 11:13 AM
:salamext:

You just KEEP PRAYING!! Then you will taste the sweetness of it.

Someone from the salaf said it took him 20yrs to taste the sweetness of tahajjud prayer. So if you take a step towards Allah in seeking pleasure in prayer, Allah will beautify it for you in the near future.

So keep praying. :)

Periwinkle18
06-17-2012, 11:25 AM
Sis calm down relax I think there's sumfin bothering you just keep praying make lots and lots of duas for your self. InshaAllah everythings gng to b fine. Just keep praying k :)

anonymous
06-17-2012, 11:43 AM
This thing is I don't get anything out of praying. I feel stressed when praying my mind isn't focused I forget how much rakats I have read ... I find it hard to concentrate and feel more at ease when I don't pray. However it is our duty to pray and when others don't pray it winds me up! How does that even work?

Periwinkle18
06-18-2012, 02:16 PM
sis it happens to me too sometimes i get lost think abt other things buh then u gotta try to focus think tht ur talking to Allah i know its hard at times buh just keep praying n inshaAllah it'll get better dont worry too much n if u want u cn Pm me k :)

Snowflake
06-18-2012, 03:42 PM
anonymous;1525216]This thing is I don't get anything out of praying.
Allah is The All-Knowing and Oft Forgiving. To you, your seeing that your prayer is void of khushu. But maybe Allah is still rewarding you heavily for your struggle. So you could be getting more out of praying than you can imagine.

I feel stressed when praying my mind isn't focused I forget how much rakats I have read ... I find it hard to concentrate and feel more at ease when I don't pray.
It happens to me too. And Islam has prescribed the prostration of forgetfulness for it.

However it is our duty to pray and when others don't pray it winds me up! How does that even work?[/QUOTE]
Maybe because despite your struggles, you believe salah is obligatory, and they don't even care? Allahu alam. Just keep praying sis. This frustrating phase will pass insha Allah :)

IbnAbdulHakim
06-18-2012, 04:46 PM
one word

dhikr

as MUCH AS YOU CAN!

it gives life, seriously

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!