View Full Version : Illustrious Men

جوري
06-16-2012, 10:28 PM
http://www.yabeyrouth.com/pages/index1225.htm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
06-17-2012, 12:06 AM
I translated the Moath ibn Jabal one:

Ibn Amr, Al-Sayed Imam Abu Abd al-Rahman al-Ansari al-Badri Khazraji AL madani.
was a Sahabi respected and of high status,
waqadi said: He was tall, fair haired and fair smile or teeth as in had a bright smile.
Some say he had no sons and others say he begat a son, 'Abd Ar-Rahman who witnessed with him the battle of yarmuk.
a brother to the prophet PBUH between him and ibn masud [perhaps through breastfeeding] and brother to jafar ib abu talib
he witnessed al'uqba and badr and nothing thereafter
He was beardless.
became a Muslim when he was 18 yrs of age
Abd Allah bin Amr said, take the Quran from four '' from ibn masud, and abbye, and mo'ath bin jabal and salim mawla abu huzhifah;'
Anas said'' the most merciful of my ummah is abu bakr, the most steadfast on deen is umar ibn ilkhtab, most truthful in haya is uthman and most knowledgeable of halal and haram is moath. not sure what afradhaum means in English but maybe it comes from fareed like unique or noble not sure but that would be zayd and to every ummah is an ameen and ameen this ummah is abu ubyda''
Asim bin hamid as'sukoni, that Moath bin jabal when called by the prophet PBUH to Yemen gave him a wasya (will) Moath was riding and the prophet PBUH was walking said ''oh moath, you might not meet with me after this year, perhaps you'll walk by my masjid and my grave'' so Moath cried in grief of the thought of that emptiness without the prophet so the prophet PBUH told him 'don't cry Moath, for crying is from the shytaan'
sa3eed ibn abu barda, of the authority of his father and the authority of abu musa that the prophet PBUH when he send Moath to yemen said '' make it easy don't make it difficult, be harmonious don't repel one another. So Abu musa said to him ''in our land is a drink from which honey is made called 'bat3' and one from barely called mazhr i.e ale so know that: (every intoxicant is haraam) so Moath said to me ''how do you read the Quran?'' I said, I read it in my prayers, and when traveling, standing and sitting and I become better and better.
Moath said I sleep and awake so that my sleep counts as my awakening as if Moath is better than he.
Abu Hurayrah: The Messenger of Allah peace be upon him: ( the best of men is Abu Bakr, the best of men is Omar the best of men is Maaz bin Jabal)
Moath said, ''I met with the messenger of Allah and he said ''oh Moath surely I love you in Allah, and Moath said, and I by Allah oh messenger of Allah love you in him'' : shall I teach you two words to say with every prayer '' Oh Lord aid me to remember you, to be grateful to you and perfect my ibbaddah'
And Muhammad ibn Sahl ibn Abi Hathmah his father said: '' those who were tried during the prophet's time were three of the mohajreen: Umar, and uthman and Ali and three of the Ansar abbi bin ka'ab and moath and zayd'
he remained there teaching people all that's good in Yemen and then he remained there until he left to shaam and he remained there until his death of the plague and proceeded hi was abu ubayda when he got sick with the plague abu ubayda also followed with the plague.
And Musa ibn Ali ibn Rabah, on the authority of his father said: 'Umar gave a khutbah in jabyah and sad: Those who want to learn Jurisprudence to learn it from Moath bin Jabal.
and umar said: that Moath will be raised with the scholars on high status
and ibn masud said: we used to make him akin to ibrahim al'khalil '' qantin, haneefan and not of the mushriks'
And Abu Qalabah and other that So and so passed by the companions of the Prophet peace be upon him said: advise me, so they advised and moath was of them and said they told you everything already however, you should invest in your hereafter, your lot in this life is already decreed and will intertwine with the hereafter which you should focus on more for whatever you achieve in this life will perish once you perish!
and Moath said : I never spat on my right hand since I embraced Islam'
and ibn al-Musayyib said: moath passed away when he was 33 or 34 years of age in the year 18 H.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!