PDA

View Full Version : Wela Baba - funny and endearing poem by an old man

Snowflake
06-17-2012, 03:42 AM

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
CosmicPathos
06-17-2012, 06:52 AM
yea sister, heard it 2 years ago, funniest thing :D

and the depressing thing? We all are heading to that age ... faster than we can imagine.

Snowflake
06-18-2012, 12:05 AM
:haha: Glad you liked it bro! I think no one else understands punjabi here :?

Daniyal32
06-19-2012, 08:40 PM
Lol... Thanks for sharing

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd-al Latif
06-19-2012, 10:21 PM
:salamext:

Poor old guy.

جوري
06-20-2012, 12:16 AM
what's this all about? what's he saying?

Periwinkle18
06-20-2012, 01:41 AM
Lol ;D I understand Punjabi :p

Snowflake
06-20-2012, 12:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by منوة الخيال
what's this all about? what's he saying?
He's telling his friends the trials of retiring lol. Here's a rough translation.

The poet says that when a man passes the age of 70 and his kids have grown up, they say to him, “Father, there’s no need for you to go to the mall anymore, no more work for you, you’re free.”

So the old man visits his friends and says, “I’ve retired and now I'm free.” :statisfie

So let’s see how free is actually is...

Says the old man:
I spend my time repenting, filling the water vessels and minding my grandchildren. Telling them when to go to bed and sweeping the front door step. Then lie down tired and aching. Otherwise I’ve retired.

*Friends laugh*

The old man continues...

After performing my salah, I take my grandchildren out to play. They play till they’re tired, then say, “Grandpa, let’s go home now and eat lunch.” *translation fails for next line*

*continues*

As soon as we arrive home, my youngest daughter-in-law says to me: “Oh there’s my father (in-law). Your daughter (in-law) was waiting for you. May Allah increase your life and protect you from hardships. Do me a favour please. Fetch me some pain from town. Please go quickly to get the paint. You may as well eat lunch when your return.”

*friends laugh at the irony*

Old man continues: I went to town, the shop was closed. As soon as it opened I asked for some pink paint and returned home. I hadn’t even put my foot in the door, when I heard my wife say: “Where are you coming from darling? Aren't you worried about that bill that needs paying? Now please don’t make no excuses go and sort out this headache! Then I won’t ask you to do anything, so feel free to spend the day playing cards (with your friends).”

*friends roar with laughter*

I left home hungry and thirsty - vowing never to come home again. I sat down on the bank steps as there was quite a long queue. There were elderly ladies there too, drenched in perfume. I looked around for some my age, and tried to see if there was anyone I knew.

*Friends laugh some more*

One finally came up to me and said: “Have you paid your bill yet - Uncle?” *friends roar with laughter* “Leave the money with me Uncle. You may as well go home.”

I say to her: May you be happy daughter insha Allah. May you marry and enjoy your grandchildren. May your husband live long, but I am not going anywhere without my receipt!

*friends titter*

I paid the bill and home I went. My eldest daughter-in-law announced, “Father, your granddaughter hasn’t come home from school. Please go to the school and bring her back with you.”

*more sympathetic laughter*

I fetched my grand-daughter from school. Her mum kissed and hugged her and thrust a burger in her hand. No one fed me even grass.

There was a cot (bed) in the yard. I straightened my back and took a rest. Everyone came by to ask whether I’m going to get something to cook for supper.

*friend roaring at his helplessness*

My wife came up to me and grabbing her arm I pulled her to sit next to me. “Stop she said, “Let me go. The kids are grown up what will they think of you!”

All day long I was driven like a donkey and offered not a single cup of tea.

Finally he asks his family, "Please, can I have some dinner? I know all day, I DIDN'T lift a finger!" :exhausted

LOL poor guy! ;D

yasirslm
06-20-2012, 12:48 PM
Thanks for sharing :)

Pure Purple
06-20-2012, 02:41 PM
mujhe ye sunne ke baad chakkar agaya....:heated:
bas khali itna samajh me aaya.......Khed khed ke thak jana^o)

Periwinkle18
06-20-2012, 02:44 PM
haha its so funny :p

Snowflake
06-20-2012, 05:21 PM
lol@sis purplerain

Oops sorryyyy sis purepurple. I don't know why I thought your nick was purplerain :embarrass:giggling:

Haya emaan
06-28-2012, 06:39 PM
lol that was funny...

although i didn't understand much in first place but the translation did the job..:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!