/* */

PDA

View Full Version : School Foods Blog from UK

sister herb
06-17-2012, 07:35 AM
Martha Payne is 9 years old schoolgirl from Scotland and she started to keep blog about school meals in hers school. By this blog she also collects donations for children to Africa - now already £45,889.46.

Yes you read right, she is just only 9 years old. :statisfie If 9 years old girl can makes that much for helping others, think what YOU could do!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, 15 June 2012

I think you know why I don't have a picture today but I will have on Monday! Thanks to everyone that has helped to get my blog back on track. I would have missed writing it a lot and I'm looking forward to sharing my dinners and yours.

I worried yesterday that I would never reach enough money to buy a Mary's Meal kitchen in Malawi (31 seconds!) but we have raised a total of £45,889.46 which is more than one kitchen! It could be many kitchens or one kitchen feeding many children for years.

A small thank you isn't enough so here's a big THANK YOU to you all!

See you on Monday

http://neverseconds.blogspot.co.uk/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
06-17-2012, 07:41 AM
This young lady made the news here in the UK, because the local Council tried to ban her from taking pictures of her school dinners and posting them (with comments and ratings) on her blog.
The ban was overturned and - since having made the headlines nationwide - the charity has become very successful! :statisfie

On Saturday afternoon it stood at more than £63,000.

Edit: Just checked the fundraising site and it is now at £73.000!

sister herb
06-30-2012, 02:44 PM
Now amount for children in Africa (Malawi) is £109,644.96

:statisfie Not bad work by 9 year old girl?

sister herb
06-30-2012, 03:19 PM
What I read from that blog, by £100 000, 10 000 children get food at school during one year and as teacher I know that even one year studing might means a lot for children whose might couldn´t any possibility to study at all. Some my student were from countries of Africa whose were mothers of many but they never hadn´t possibility to go to school.

*sad*

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!