/* */

PDA

View Full Version : You're NOT Salafi, Sufi, or Khariji - you're a Muslim

- Qatada -
06-17-2012, 10:55 AM
asalaamu alaykum warahmatullahi wabarakaatuh

You're a Sunni Muslim who tries to follow the way of the Salaf (earliest generation of Muslims) in the best way possible. You can ask any trustworthy 'Aalim a question and follow what he says. Once you become a student of knowledge, you need to study under 1 madhab, then master it until you become a master of that madhab, then you can study another madhab if you want to etc.

You are not arrogant, and you hope to be sincere to Allah and to cling onto Him, hoping for Him and His reward and fearing His punishment and a bad ending..

You are a slave of Allah, respecting His Messenger in the best of ways, and never making fun of the Messenger, nor any of the scholars in our past or present history.

You do not say anything evil about anyone unless you are forbidding an evil, and then you forbid it in the nicest of ways.

You are a slave of Allah, so seek closeness to Him.. that is your main aim in life, so make du'a to Him always - short term (i.e. Allah plz make my day happy) and long term duas (Allah give me a beautiful return to you). That way you know your duas are being answered. Then you will be happy with Allah, and He will be happy with you.

If you agree with this, then pass it onto other Muslims you know. It's about time the ummah united in something beneficial after all these years of worthless debates.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MustafaMc
06-17-2012, 11:47 AM
I am a Muslim who follows the Sunnah (example) of Muhammad (saaws) for how I live my life and worship my Creator. The Sunnah was initially passed through oral traditions until they were later compiled into books after rigorous authentication. I accept the compilations of hadith such as Bukhari, Muslim, Tirmidhi, and Dawood as being authentic and valid sources of Islamic knowledge. The Quran is my first source of knowledge followed by the aforementioned collections of hadith and then by scholars. I accept those who follow one of the four madhabs (Hanafi, Maliki, Shafi'i, Hanbali) equally as brothers and sisters in Islam. I respect those who don't follow a particular madhab as long as they are not divisive in their actions or words and who are not critical of other Muslims because they do follow one of these 4 madhabs. I respect the companions of Prophet Muhammad (saaws), particularly those who were Muslims before the conquest of Makkah, including the 4 Rightly Guided Caliphs - Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman, and Ali (ra).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!