/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Female Doing Job and islam

yasirslm
06-17-2012, 08:22 PM
:sl: Brothers/Sisters,

I have two questions

• My Wife wants to do job and asks for permission from me, does Islam allows female to do job as I have seen Muslim women as Bankers, teachers etc,Please help me as I don't have any Knowledge
  • Can I force my Wife/Sister to do Hijab

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Qurratul Ayn
06-17-2012, 08:25 PM
:wasalamex

1st question: Yes, as long as she is covered properly and wears appropriate, loose clothes, also her earnings are for her to keep and it's her money, you (the head of the family/male) ought to provide for the family.

2nd question: Nope, nope, nope

yasirslm
06-17-2012, 08:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratul Ayn

1st question: Yes, as long as she is covered properly and wears appropriate, loose clothes, also her earnings are for her to keep and it's her money, you (the head of the family/male) ought to provide for the family.

2nd question: Nope, nope, nope
Can u please explain both in detail with references?

True-blue
06-17-2012, 08:43 PM
For the second question, you will have to clarify what is really Hijab. If you mean only head covering (but rest is Ok) then NO!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Qurratul Ayn
06-17-2012, 08:47 PM
Check the website out, will bring more details to you...

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/106815

But it is good to stay at home and anyways... Allaah knows best

yasirslm
06-17-2012, 08:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by True-blue
For the second question, you will have to clarify what is really Hijab. If you mean only head covering (but rest is Ok) then NO!

I don't have knowledge of both sis, that's why I have written for clarity.

Qurratul Ayn
06-17-2012, 08:50 PM
^ check the link, if you can't view it let me know

You quoted off Brother True-blue's post, he is not a sis... Lol!

Muezzin
06-17-2012, 08:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by yasirslm
:sl: Brothers/Sisters,

I have two questions

• My Wife wants to do job and asks for permission from me, does Islam allows female to do job as I have seen Muslim women as Bankers, teachers etc,Please help me as I don't have any Knowledge
  • Can I force my Wife/Sister to do Hijab
The short answer is, yes your wife can work if she wishes to, and no you cannot force your wife or sister to wear hijaab if she does not wish to. For more detailed information, it would be best to ask an imam or scholar if you can.

Qurratul Ayn
06-17-2012, 08:55 PM
Check this link out on wearing the Hijaab, never force, advise is the best way

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/93775/

True-blue
06-17-2012, 09:06 PM
I don't have knowledge of both sis, that's why I have written for clarity.
What I meant is that if your wife and sister covers the rest of body properly, do not force them to wear the head cover, (also applicable for clothes like Abaya and Burkha, do not force them to wear these clothes). Just encourage her/them. Wearing the head cover is about honour, passion, love, and fulfilling duty as a slave of Allah (SWT). So, never force them. But keep on encouraging. As long as passion for Hijab does not grow in their heart, it will be a burden for them.

Anyway, a good way of encouraging them about wearing Hijab could be giving Hijabs as gifts to them!! Just my 2 cents.:)

dqsunday
06-17-2012, 09:56 PM
There are many legitimate work from home positions available for customer service type jobs (and computer technical support) in North American. This will allow your wife to work but not have to worry about wearing Hijab outside of the house etc. These work from home positions usually have flexiable hours and you can work as many hours as you wish, but it does typically have a minimum (20hrs a week typically). Avoid the ones that claim large amoungs of money per week duing online survays etc..most if not all of these are schemes and scams. They usually want you to buy some start up kit or similar.

~ Sabr ~
06-18-2012, 07:16 AM

My parents forced me to wear the Hijaab since I was 8/9, and I am glad they did. As the rest of my cousins only used to wear it because they were scared of my dad, they have taken it off now since we moved to a different city about 7 years ago.

Sometimes forcing someone to wear it can be a good thing.

And Allaah Knows Best.

yasirslm
06-18-2012, 07:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah

One must be aware of the consequences, when forcing someone?????
Also Wife is not in Childhood state that I can force her.

Qurratul Ayn
06-18-2012, 08:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah
Nope, nope, nope it never is.

Subhan'Allaah that it worked in your case, but what of your cousins, what did they learn from this?

I, personally, never would force anyone to do anything, it will backfire, if not in the short term then most definitely in the long term.

Anyways, Brother yasirslm, you should not force your wife to wear the Hijaab. Advise, her, explain to her about it. Have you checked out the links I posted? Insha'Allaah they helped

yasirslm
06-18-2012, 08:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratul Ayn
Nope, nope, nope it never is.

Subhan'Allaah that it worked in your case, but what of your cousins, what did they learn from this?

I, personally, never would force anyone to do anything, it will backfire, if not in the short term then most definitely in the long term.

Anyways, Brother yasirslm, you should not force your wife to wear the Hijaab. Advise, her, explain to her about it. Have you checked out the links I posted? Insha'Allaah they helped

Thanks,appreciated

dqsunday
06-18-2012, 09:20 PM
Can I force my Wife/Sister to do Hijab
Forcing your wife or sister to wear hijab isn't right, as already specified. As a suggestion, instead of pointing out it is required in Islam for the believing woman to cover herself save her face and hands when outside the home or in the company of men who aren't 'safe', you can always tell you wife especially, it will make you feel better if she covers up. This way nobody will be looking at her with lust or think of bringing harm to her. Same with your sister. Also, saves her all the trouble of fixing her hair etc before going out.

yasirslm
06-20-2012, 08:38 AM
Can anyone provide me some references

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!