/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do you perform a detox?

Salahudeen
06-17-2012, 09:59 PM
I've heard the term detox quite a lot, I think it involves eating only fruit or fruit smoothies or something but I'm not really sure what the whole deal with it is, does any one know how to perform one and what the theory behind it is and if it actually does anything?

I'm contemplating it because I've noticed after Ramadan I feel a lot more healthy and look younger, someone told me that's because during Ramadan the body has the opportunity to detox itself.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Salahudeen
06-17-2012, 10:32 PM
bump someone must know? I remember we had quite a few health enthusiasts on this board a while back :hmm:

جوري
06-17-2012, 10:38 PM
Yes but I decided to referain haha
try having açaí berry and pomegranates juices..
and enema might help if you can stand it..

Snowflake
06-17-2012, 11:30 PM
Detoxes generally make you feel quite ill for a few days and so it makes sense that the ancient indian medicine system warns against giving anything up immediately. I can't remember the reasons but I do remember that it made perfect sense. Try eliminating bad foods slowly and increasing good ones. The change will be subtle and the detox natural. We have to remember the body does a good job of detoxifying itself naturally. Otherwise the amount of rubbish we put into it would killed it off by now. The fact that you feel better in Ramadhan doesn't really have to do with what you are eating but that your digestive system is getting the rest it needs and since the digestive system is the body's engine, if that is running smoothly then everything will be better for it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BadOlPuttyTat
06-18-2012, 01:06 AM
Oh my mom does this often. WARNING! PREPARE TO SUFFER FROM BAD TASTE SYNDROME!

You must first start on STRONG sugars.
So you must start on eating REAL Maple Syrup and not the cheap corn syrup kind. The real Maple Syrup can be pricey I may add and doesnt taste like the fake kind.
Now you must start on honey and anything in the green or Black Tea family and Cinnamon.
You must start drinking the maple syrup and honey and green teas a lot daily which will result in unpleasant bowel movements:hmm:.

The thing is that sugars run through your body very fast so you body digest carbohydrates first above all else and by taking this all in liquid form makes it much more simple. Sugars speed up your body which will make you get rid of everything clogged in your system since last year. So by fusing the Honey, Maple syrup, green tea and also lemon it creates acids and sugars which force your body to start flushing everything along with the fact they are all liquid.

If you need any help ask me :statisfie

Cabdullahi
06-18-2012, 03:26 AM
You make an appointment with a cosmetic clinic,tell them what you want and they will take it from there. They'll stick a needle in your face and inject a liquid into the skin.......wait a minute! Thats botox.

Sorry i dont know the answer to ur question

Scimitar
06-18-2012, 03:43 AM
Nah, its simpler than that... just wait til ramadhan :D

Scimi

SFatima
06-18-2012, 10:20 AM
carrot juice and plenty of oranges and apples everyday! lovely subhanAllah

And that lovely crisp cold sweet water melon...sighhhhh * faints *

Hulk
06-18-2012, 10:22 AM
Man just avoid the unhealthy stuff. You will be bOi_hEaLtHy in no time.

Alpha Dude
06-18-2012, 10:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by منوة الخيال
The mere thought of that ought to aid someone detox.

Projectile vomiting can work wonders.

جوري
06-18-2012, 03:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
The mere thought of that ought to aid someone detox.
Used to order those all the time as a medical student for all the patients who'd incessantly whine especially when on call at night.. If I could have written 'punitive' in the order I'd have you know there's only so much you can get away with..

Muezzin
06-18-2012, 10:16 PM
Yes but I decided to referain haha
try having açaí berry and pomegranates juices..
When someone says 'detox' I think 'enema'.

Any health fad that involves inserting something into one's rectum is severely flawed.

Abz2000
06-18-2012, 10:25 PM
Used to order those all the time as a medical student for all the patients who'd incessantly whine especially when on call at night.. If I could have written 'punitive' in the order I'd have you know there's only so much you can get away with..
did you warn them beforehand?
warning: can lead to klismaphilia

on a serious note, fasting apparently gives the digestive system a well needed break which allows the body to channel huge amounts of energy into healing flaws.

also sticking to liquids, ie, blended fruits/veg for certain periods helps to do that too.

but i don't think it's good to overdo it as the body also needs to maintain it's ability to crunch meat and stuff efficiently.

جوري
06-18-2012, 10:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
Of course not, they were all freaking constipated I can treat that any which way I want.. and yeah it took care of a couple of their needs one shot so to speak..
God I miss those days..

Salahudeen
06-19-2012, 02:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000

on a serious note, fasting apparently gives the digestive system a well needed break which allows the body to channel huge amounts of energy into healing flaws.

also sticking to liquids, ie, blended fruits/veg for certain periods helps to do that too.

but i don't think it's good to overdo it as the body also needs to maintain it's ability to crunch meat and stuff efficiently.
I've just bought a juicer :p but its not very effective, you need to use lots of fruit to get a small amount of juice!!

BlissfullyJaded
06-19-2012, 10:14 PM
Did you check the reviews on the juicer? Some aren't as good, and don't make quite as much juice as they should..

Salahudeen
06-21-2012, 05:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BlissfullyJaded
Did you check the reviews on the juicer? Some aren't as good, and don't make quite as much juice as they should..
Yeah it was this one, the reviews are good :hmm:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-HR18...0299412&sr=8-1

Snowflake
06-21-2012, 06:28 PM
Too much acidity is not good for the body and orange juice can aggravate skin disease as well as asthma and arthritis (ayurdveda). If you must do a juice detox then use sweet fruits and plenty of veggies like carrots and greens. Don't combine sweet and acid fruits - sub acidic fruits are ok (principle of ayurveda).

Drink juice at room temperature. Cold drinks harm the liver. Add ginger for extra benefit.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!