/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Angels have no free will?

BadOlPuttyTat
06-19-2012, 01:04 AM
Does the Quran say Angels do not have free will? In the Bible it is said angels created the Nephilim or the giants whent hey bred with humans. Pre-islamic text state angels and including Gabriel to not bein human form. Angel translates to "messenged" which isnt a word that exist but it refers tot he king sending out the first warriors. So Angel means "soldier of god, angels are depicted is almost monstrous forms and are created do basically fight for god. So according to the Bible and books of Enoch etc, Angels have no free will and thus came to Earth creating havoc and god made a flood and destroyed them all and had Noah start over again.
So does the Quran mention angels breeding with humans? And Does the Quran say angels have no free will and are meant to only serve god?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~ Sabr ~
06-21-2012, 01:03 PM
Greetings FreakOffALeash,

Maybe this post will help you:

http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...tml#post924321

~ Sabr ~
06-21-2012, 01:05 PM
Also, please see this:

3. Allaah has described the angels in His Book, where He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Ward off yourselves and your families against a Fire (Hell) whose fuel is men and stones, over which are (appointed) angels stern (and) severe, who disobey not, (from executing) the Commands they receive from Allâh, but do that which they are commanded”
[Qur'aan, Chapter 66, Verse 6]

“And they say: ‘The Most Gracious (Allaah) has begotten a son (or children).’ Glory to Him! They [whom they call children of Allaah i.e. the angels, ‘Eesaa (Jesus) son of Maryam (Mary), ‘Uzair (Ezra)], are but honoured slaves. They speak not until He has spoken, and they act on His Command
[Qur'aan, Chapter 21, Verses 26-27]

“And to Allaah prostrate all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth, of the moving (living) creatures and the angels, and they are not proud [i.e. they worship their Lord (Allâh) with humility]. They fear their Lord above them, and they do what they are commanded”
[Qur'aan, Chapter 16, Verses 49-20]

So it is not possbile for the angels to disobey their Lord, because they are protected from sin and they are naturally inclined to obey Allaah.

Source: http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/8976

yasirslm
06-22-2012, 07:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah
http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...tml#post924321 (Do Angels Have free will?)
Thanks Sis,I have read the link provided but still a bit confused about free will of Angels,I do admit/understand the following...
“[they, i.e., angels] disobey not, (from executing) the Commands they receive from Allaah, but do that which they are commanded [al-Tahreem 66:6 – interpretation of the meaning]

But still the question of FREE WILL is not answered by anyone,All are more focused on "Angels Follow the commands of ALLAH" but no one is talking about Free Will.

Peace!!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~ Sabr ~
06-22-2012, 07:36 AM
Angels have free will too but it is different from humans’ free will. The archangel Gabriel (peace be upon him) carries out the Divine order given to him with the free will. He also notifies the angels of a Divine order with that free will he has. He does not have the free will to act against the order he gets and that is what makes him different from humans.

In addition, varying in accordance with their levels, angels can be at different places at the same time and carry out tasks simultaneously. Their will is not absolute but limited. They can act within certain limits.
By doing those, they exhibit a manifestation of the Divine will of God.

Source: http://www.questionsonislam.com/arti...8217-free-will

yasirslm
06-22-2012, 07:42 AM
So If angesl have free will ,they must be married and have childrens.....I am still confused^o)

~ Sabr ~
06-22-2012, 07:46 AM
:salamext:

Brother please read posts 2+5 with the links provided, and you will NOT be confused.

Read it word-to-word.

May Allaah grant us the ability to not question Him Unecessarily, Ameen.

muslimah bird
07-08-2012, 03:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by yasirslm
So If angesl have free will ,they must be married and have childrens.....I am still confused^o)
No sis, they are different from humans and jinns and dont have a free will of their own

Marina-Aisha
07-08-2012, 07:15 PM
wait..i thought they didnt have free will they just follow Allahs orders

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!