/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Shame on Suu Kyi

Muslim Woman
06-19-2012, 04:02 PM
:sl:

Ethnic cleansing of Muslims is going on in Mynmar and Suu Kyi is silent , strange.

Nobel Prize Winner , the so - called Democratic leader of Mynmar must be very happy to recieve her Peace Prize . What a wonderful timing for her to travel to Europe to get the prize .

Peace loving Buddists are attacking Muslims , thousands and thousands innocent Muslims including kids and women are crying for help . Suu kyi did not visit these helpless Rohingyas or did not ask the World to put pressure on Mynmar Govt. to stop the oppression.

Now it's the duty of Bangladesh Govt. to help the citizens of Mynmar . The world is condeming BD Govt. for not opening the boarder but no media is saying , hey , where is the Noble prize winner of Mynmar who dedicated (?) her life for democracy ?

Suu Kyi , Pl. do something to take back the Rohingya Muslims to Mynmar . Just because they are Muslims, no one can deny their rights to stay in Mynmar because they are citizens of that country .

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
06-20-2012, 01:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Now it's the duty of Bangladesh Govt. to help the citizens of Mynmar . The world is condeming BD Govt. for not opening the boarder
This "world" also should remember that Bangladesh is one of the poorest countries of the world - they should support, not only condemn.

marwen
06-20-2012, 01:36 PM
Were are muslims (me including) to help their brothers and sisters. Please do not ask for help from Suu Kyii or I don't know who. You know muslims are the exception from the lists of human rights and peace lovers. When will muslims care about each others? because no one will do.

Muhaba
06-20-2012, 02:03 PM
She doesn't want to risk losing her noble peace prize.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tigerkhan
06-20-2012, 02:32 PM
if there was a single cristian or jew who attacked in burma, i know UN, media and all western countries rush toward it but there are muslims who were suffering all over the world and no1 cares. where is humanity and himan right, all this is fuss they used to only protect their own interest.

~ Sabr ~
06-20-2012, 02:33 PM
:salamext:

Am I the only person who didn't understand the first post? :ermm:

tigerkhan
06-20-2012, 02:39 PM
last day i got message on facebook that the victims are in thousands and hundreds were killed BUT this hypocrite media doesn't cover it much.

ardianto
06-20-2012, 03:10 PM
Now it's the duty of Bangladesh Govt. to help the citizens of Mynmar . The world is condeming BD Govt. for not opening the boarder
When Myanmar govt army which dominated by Buddhist attacked and later took over a Christian Karen camp, the Buddhist country Thailand opened their border for Karen refuges. When the Myanmar Buddhist people attack Rohingya Muslims, the Muslim country Bangladesh close their border for Muslims refuges.

But I agree with sister Harb, the "world" should support, not only condemn.

And ignore Suu Kyi, she doesn't care about this tragedy.

Muslim Woman
06-20-2012, 03:13 PM
Salaam

some related info :

Ethnic Cleansing of Muslim Minority in Myanmar ?

By Marwaan Macan-Markar

...In 1978 the military launched its ‘King Dragon Operation’ to drive out the Rohingya, prompting over 200,000 to flee the Rakhine State to neighbouring Bangladesh, where they lived in squalid refugee camps for decades.

A similar campaign followed in 1991-1992, forcing over 250,000 to flee as refugees. Persecution has pushed the number of Rohingya living in Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, India, Malaysia and Bangladesh to 1.5 million.

The Rohingya last hit international headlines in 2009, when Thai authorities intercepted boatloads of exhausted men in seas close to Thailand’s southwestern coast. Rights groups said at the time that the fate of over 1,000 Rohingya, who were driven back to the seas by the Thai military, remained unknown.

&&&&

..People feel it very acceptable to say that ‘we will work on wiping out all the Rohingyas,’” said Debbie Stothard, an activist with the Alternative ASEAN Network on Burma

....The unrest, which has seen more than 1,500 homes charred and thousands of people displaced along Myanmar’s western coast, erupted after a mob dragged 10 Muslims off a bus and killed them in apparent retaliation for the rape and murder last month of a 27-year-old Buddhist woman, allegedly by Muslims.

On Thursday, Rakhine state was reportedly calm. But Rohingyas living there “very much feel like they’re trapped in a box,” said Phil Robertson of Human Rights Watch. “They’re surrounded by enemies,

By Associated Press, AP BANGKOK — They have been called ogres and animals, terrorists and much worse — when their existence is even acknowledged.

Asia’s more than 1 million ethnic Rohingya Muslims are considered by rights groups to be among the most persecuted people on earth. Most live in a bizarre, 21st-century purgatory without passports, unable to travel freely or call any place home.

......&&&____

...The Muslim Rohingya population of Burma has been consistently persecuted by the Burmese government. In 1982, the Burmese government passed a law which effectively stripped citizenship for the Rohingya. Further, they have very limited freedom of movement, no freedom of religion, and frequently experience land seizure, forced labor and arbitrary arrest. The Rohingya are currently excluded from the resettlement programs for Burmese of other ethnic minorities from the Thailand-Burma border camps. An estimated one million Rohingya have fled Burma by boat, often paying unscrupulous people smugglers, and the refugees now live in Malaysia, Bangladesh, Thailand, and the Middle East.

&&&

Opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi said on Monday Myanmar must clarify citizenship laws underlying ethnic tensions in the country, but declared she was unsure whether Muslim Rohingyas at the center of clashes could be regarded as nationals......
Asked whether the Rohingyas should be regarded as Burmese, she replied "I do not know."

( source : online )

Muslim Woman
06-20-2012, 03:17 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by WRITER
She doesn't want to risk losing her noble peace prize.

and the Vote bank . I have lost all my respect for this so - called leader . She could easily postponed her tour and visited the troubled areas . Was that really that hard ?

~ Sabr ~
06-20-2012, 03:18 PM
Rohingyas
What is that?

Muslim Woman
06-20-2012, 03:30 PM
Salaam

sis , pl. read post 9

ardianto
06-20-2012, 03:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah
What is that?
Ethnic of those Myanmar Muslim people. They were coming from area that now known as Bangladesh hundreds years ago.

Muslim Woman
06-21-2012, 05:50 AM

Bangladesh opened boarder for Rohinga Muslims several times . Thousands and thousands Mynmar citizens are staying in Rufugee camps since last 20 yrs.

Where are the Human rights groups ? Where are the world leaders ? If the rufugees happened to be Jews , Christians , Buddists or Hindus - tortured in any Muslim majority country and were forced to leave , I m sure US , UK Govt . were more than happy to drop bombs on Muslims in the name of humanity.

images?qtbnANd9GcRuuh2RmPr8nRgBB3wHb1Dd0ZsCD ew02NxuxE0WM86kzncyntBiQ -

Muslim Woman
06-21-2012, 06:02 AM

Suu Kyi is busy with reciving Noble prize , celebrating her happy birthday , visiting UK --- so many important things to do . In the meantime let the peace loving Buddists kill the Muslims - there are many Muslims in this world . Why bother if few dozens die and thousands become homeless and stateless ?

Go Ahead Suu , the world is with u . Don't waste ur holidays for Muslims.

images?qtbnANd9GcTYTeJSLY44D1FztQFl3Yo3j8qBnBWU0aW bFa2A rCvF3cd74a kg -

yasirslm
06-21-2012, 06:42 AM
Who is Suu Kyi ,one who was released after 24 years...what she have done that people are so mad about her??

Muslim Woman
06-21-2012, 06:51 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by yasirslm
Who is Suu Kyi ,one who was released after 24 years...what she have done that people are so mad about her??
She is not doing anything , that's the problem . She should have used her popularity to stop the ethnic cleansing of the minority in her country .

She is one of the famous ' democratic ' leader in the world. Just read an article where she was mentioned with Mother Teresa .

......Suu Kyi is this decade's answer to Mother Teresa and Nelson Mandela – a saintly figure whom every politician and celebrity wants to touch in the hope that some of the sanctity rubs off.

Wherever she goes, she is showered with awards and honorary degrees – she picked up her Nobel peace prize in Norway at the weekend, was given the freedom of Dublin on Monday, and gets an honorary degree from her old university, Oxford, today

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/shor...ela?intcmp=239

sister herb
06-21-2012, 09:17 PM
She should have used her popularity to stop the ethnic cleansing of the minority in her country .
Do you claim she doesn´t do nothing for minority because that monority is islamic. Would you be worry if they would be something else? What if they would be Christians?

May I ask.

Muslim Woman
06-22-2012, 04:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
Do you claim she doesn´t do nothing for minority because that monority is islamic. Would you be worry if they would be something else? What if they would be Christians?

May I ask.
I answered to the similar question in Ummah forum . Here is it.

I don't know of any Muslim country where non-Muslims need travel pass to go to even next village . Pl. tell me and InshaAllah I will be happy to sign a petition to that Govt. to treat non-Muslims fairly.

Pl. read how Rohinga Muslims need travel pass to go to diffreretn areas , how Govt. jobs specially jobs in defense are forbidden for them .

I was a supporter of Suu kyi before her this Europe Tour. If really this time Muslims are guilty of raping and killing of one Buddist woman , Buddist already killed more than dozens Muslims there . So , how come still Budiists are torturing Muslims ?

Also this is not an isolated incident as already mentioned - Mynmar Govt. has taken a plan of ethnic cleansing of Muslims. Suu as a Noble Peace Prize winner and world famous ' democratic ' leader has a great duty to stop this , at least she can raise her voice agaisnt this . But she is fond of power and fame and does not want to lose her Vote bank and sponsors.

sister herb
06-22-2012, 05:37 AM
Salam alaykum;

thanks about answering but I am not sure did I really understood it.

Would you be worry if they would be something else? (than muslims)
Should muslims be worry only when oppressed people are muslims? No need to be worry if people who suffer are somebody else - Christian, Jews, atheists etc? That was my question.

Muslim Woman
06-22-2012, 07:50 AM
:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
Salam alaykum;

thanks about answering but I am not sure did I really understood it.

Should muslims be worry only when oppressed people are muslims? No need to be worry if people who suffer are somebody else - Christian, Jews, atheists etc? That was my question.

Of Course Muslims should worry and protest against all injustice.

I cleared my position here - don't know of any Muslim country where non-Muslims need travel pass to go to even next village . Pl. tell me and InshaAllah I will be happy to sign a petition to that Govt. to treat non-Muslims fairly.

sister herb
06-22-2012, 07:53 AM
Salam alaykum

thanks sister about your answer. Now I got it. And I agree with you.

:statisfie

Muslim Woman
06-22-2012, 08:33 AM

some related info :

The Latest Extinction Campaign Against the Rohingyas of Burma
Dr. Habib Siddiqui, USA

...."The former first President of Burma Sao Shwe Theik stated, “Muslims of Arakan certainly belong to one of the indigenous races of Burma. If they do not belong to the indigenous races, we also cannot be taken as indigenous races.”

"The previous parliamentary government listed 144 ethnic groups in Burma. But Ne Win put only 135 groups on a short list, and then was approved by his BSPP regime’s constitution of 1974. The three Muslim groups of Rohingya (Muslim Arakanese), Panthay (Chinese Muslims), Bashu (Malay Muslims) and six other ethnic groups were deleted. "

Color-coding of individuals - Hitler's Nazi regime was into color-coding and other forms of classification of peoples and individuals. "

In 1989, colour-coded Citizens Scrutiny Cards (CRCs) were introduced: pink cards for the full citizens, blue for associate citizens and green for naturalized citizens. Rohingya were not issued with any identity cards.

June 18 2012 00

Muslim Woman
07-13-2012, 03:42 PM

Myanmar president says Rohingyas not welcome

A Rohingya Muslim woman from Myanmar holding her six

day old baby and her family, who tried to cross the Naf

river into Bangladesh to escape sectarian violence,

cry in a Bangladeshi Coast guard station in Teknaf on June

19, 2012, before being sent back to Myanmar.

Myanmar’s president Thein Sein said that Rohingya people

are not welcome in the country, and that refugee camps or

deportation was the only solution for communal unrest.

Muslim Rohingyas have long been discriminated against in Myanmar, with authorities withholding land rights, education and public services

Thursday, July 12th 2012, 09:54 AM

MUNIR UZ ZAMAN/AFP/GettyImages

Myanmar's president told the UN Thursday that refugee camps or deportation was the "solution" for nearly a million Rohingya Muslims in the wake of communal unrest in the west of the country.

Thein Sein, who had previously struck a more conciliatory tone during fighting that left at least 80 people dead in Rakhine State last month, told the chief of the United Nations refugee agency the Rohingya were not welcome.

"We will take responsibility for our ethnic people but it is impossible to accept the illegally entered Rohingyas, who are not our ethnicity," he told UN High Commissioner for Refugees Antonio Guterres, according to the president's official website.

The former junta general said the "only solution" was to send the Rohingyas -- which number around 800,000 in Myanmar and are considered to be some of the world's most persecuted minorities -- to refugee camps run by UNHCR.

"We will send them away if any third country would accept them," he added. "This is what we are thinking is the solution to the issue."

Communal violence between ethnic Buddhist Rakhine and local Muslims, including the Rohingya, swept the state in June, forcing tens of thousands to flee as homes were torched and communities ripped apart.

Decades of discrimination have left the Rohingya stateless, with Myanmar implementing restrictions on their movement and withholding land rights, education and public services, the UN says.

Unwanted in Myanmar and Bangladesh -- where an estimated 300,000 live -- Rohingya migrants have undertaken dangerous voyages by boat towards Malaysia or Thailand in recent years.

According to the UNHCR around one million Rohingya are now thought to live outside Myanmar, but they have not been welcomed by a third country.

Bangladesh has turned back Rohingya boats arriving on its shores since the outbreak of the unrest.

"Basically Myanmar does not consider these 735,000 Muslims in northern Rakhine state to be their citizens and we think the solution is for them to get citizenship in Myanmar," UNHCR's Asia spokeswoman Kitty McKinsey told AFP.

"So we would not be very likely to assist in transporting them out of the country and housing them somewhere else. As a refugee agency we do not usually participate in creating refugees."

McKinsey said the UN had been working for "several decades" in the area, trying to promote reconciliation and "benefit all communities, not just the Muslims".

Ten aid organization staff, including some from the UN, were detained in Rakhine in the wake of the unrest, according to a situation bulletin by the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) last week.

Three people -- two from the UN and another international aid worker -- are thought to have appeared in court on June 9.

"They have been charged and appeared in court but they have not been tried," an unnamed aid worker told AFP.

Although security forces have quelled the worst of the unrest, tens of thousands of people remain in government-run relief camps with the UN's World Food Program reporting that it has provided aid to some 100,000 people.

Both sides have accused each other of violent attacks, which were sparked following the rape and murder of a local Buddhist woman and subsequent revenge attack by a mob of ethnic Rakhines that left 10 Muslims dead on June 3.

A state of emergency is still in force in several areas.

This article was distributed through the NewsCred Smartwire. Original article © Agence France Presse 2012

Read more:http://india.nydailynews.com/newsart...#ixzz20VRNhyep

White Rose
07-13-2012, 04:44 PM
:'(
May Allah SWT help our fellow Muslims facing these hardships. May Allah SWT protect them from their enemies. May Allah SWT accept our duas for them.
Ameen

Muslim Woman
07-14-2012, 03:13 AM
Salaam

Ameen.

Galaxy
07-14-2012, 03:32 AM
it's only god that can help.

insha Allah I'll keep them in my duas

Muslim Woman
07-14-2012, 04:08 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Galaxy
it's only God that can help.

insha Allah I'll keep them in my duas

yes , only God can help but how can we avoid our duty towards our oppreseed sisters and brothers ? I don't see any fund coming for them .

What our rich Muslims doing ? Cant' they give a part of their zakat money to these stateless Muslims ? Mynmar President cleary denied thier rights , Bangladesh is not giving them shelter . Where they will go ?

And what is wrong with you that you fight not in the Cause of Allah, and for those weak, illtreated and oppressed among men, women, and children, whose cry is: "Our Lord! Rescue us from this town whose people are oppressors; and raise for us from You one who will protect, and raise for us from You one who will help."

( سورة النساء , An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #75)

جوري
07-14-2012, 04:28 AM
why is Bangladesh closing its doors to its brothers & sisters?

Muslim Woman
07-14-2012, 04:55 AM

Bangladesh is giving them shelter since decades . There are thousands and thousands Rohingas living inside Bangladesh .

How come it's a solo responsiblity of a poor country to face such a challenge ? What our rich Muslims countries donig to solve the problem ? At least they can send their citizens's zakat money to help these Muslims.

But still , not all BD Muslims are supporting Govt. decision not to give anymore shelter to our oppressed Muslims.

InshaAllah we will find a good solution for them .

Ethnic Cleansing of Muslim Minority in Myanmar?
By Marwaan Macan-Markar

...In 1978 the military launched its ‘King Dragon Operation’ to drive out the Rohingya, prompting over 200,000 to flee the Rakhine State to neighbouring Bangladesh, where they lived in squalid refugee camps for decades.

Muslim Woman
07-14-2012, 05:03 AM

source : online

Bangladesh hosts the largest population of Muslim Rohingya refugees in the world, who flee across the border from northern Rakhine State in Myanmar because of ethnic and religious persecution.

Kutupalong and Nayapara are two official government camps in Bangladesh's southeast, in the district of Cox's Bazar, housing some 28,000 refugees registered with the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR). They are the remnants of a refugee outflow from northern Rakhine State in 1991-1992; no new Rohingya refugees have been allowed to enter the camps since then.

Outside the camps, an estimated 200,000 to 400,000 unregistered Rohingya are in makeshift shelters with little protection or assistance. For all the refugees, clean water, food, sanitation, shelter, healthcare and protection are in short supply.

One 25-year-old man, Abu Seyid, was in a car accident, breaking his hip and paralyzing him from the waist down. He was able to beg for enough money for an emergency surgery and when I found him he lay in the mud in his hut, walled and roofed by garbage bags, crying in agony. There was no help coming for him, even though the UN camp boundary was only 100 meters away.

جوري
07-14-2012, 05:07 AM
they are the closest to them that's why..I don't think the rich want to spend their money on the poor anyway but this is a matter of life & death ...which charity counts more? if you've two dollars and give away one dollar or if you've 4 billion and give away a million? in the first case you've given away half your fortune ...might seem like we need more people to step in or for a complex solution but we miss their immediate needs which are survival ...I know BG is poor but my God I hope they change their position before more Muslims are exterminated.

Muslim Woman
07-14-2012, 08:31 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by منوة الخيال
my God I hope they change their position before more Muslims are exterminated.

I also pray for that .

But this is strange and unfortunate that almost all pressures are on BD and no media is condeming Mynmar Govt. Yesterday heard the news that USA will start business with Mynmar again.

No one is threating Mnymar to drop bombs on them or impose any ban for their cruelty to Rohinga Muslims. ^o)

جوري
07-14-2012, 03:11 PM
I agree.. The U.S is the spawn of Satan we expect that they should reward countries for ridding them of Muslims in one form or another we should never look to those satanists for help or endorsement however we should take every opportunity to highlight their hypocrisy and may Allah swt grant us victory safe passage and inheritance of his earthe ...
Ameen

White Rose
07-14-2012, 04:51 PM

I also pray for that .

But this is strange and unfortunate that almost all pressures are on BD and no media is condeming Mynmar Govt. Yesterday heard the news that USA will start business with Mynmar again.

No one is threating Mnymar to drop bombs on them or impose any ban for their cruelty to Rohinga Muslims. ^o)
Why does USA have to barge in everywhere. It annoys me to no extent. They should learn to mind their own business.

Muslim Woman
07-14-2012, 05:02 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by arjmand
. They should learn to mind their own business.

they do when non Muslims Kill Muslims. They jump in to the scene when Muslims are are allegedly involved in killing of non Muslims .

Ali137
07-14-2012, 05:08 PM
The governement should be helping people, all of them are corrupt and will have to one day answer to Allah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!