/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Movies on Islam

yasirslm
06-20-2012, 12:03 PM
Brother and Sister,

AOA.

Can anyone tell me the names of some Islamic movies.

Peace!!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MustafaMc
06-20-2012, 12:17 PM
'The Message: The Story of Islam" by Moustapha Akkad

Marina-Aisha
06-20-2012, 01:02 PM
cant you just google islamic films?

yasirslm
06-20-2012, 01:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marina-hadeya
cant you just google islamic films?
Good Idea....^o)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
06-20-2012, 01:19 PM
better still, go to playlist on my channel named The Gift Box, it's got Islamic Movies in it. here is the direct link for the playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEA33281C9C2525D1&feature=plcp

Scimi

Marina-Aisha
06-20-2012, 08:34 PM
coool thanx i think might give them a go :p

dqsunday
06-20-2012, 09:18 PM
One movie I found interesting is Le Grand Voyage. Its a French made movie (with subtitles) which is about a young man and his father who take a road trip together. The father is a traditional Muslim and the son more 'modern' and they travel to Mekkah together. I found it rather interesting and I won't go into details about it.

Another film which deals with Muslims during the time of 9/11 in a college setting (based on real life) is Mooz-lum.

Both can be seen on netflix. Not sure if either can be found on youtube or other sites.

I can't vouch for the authenticity of either film...I am still new to Islam so I wouldn't recommend them for educational purposes...

Abz2000
06-20-2012, 09:50 PM
THE MESSAGE OF ISLAM (Full Movie) 1080p HD

The Blessed Saint Mary - ENG SUB

[HD] [Full Movie] Muhammad - The Last Prophet (Animated Cartoon) BEST QUALITY ON YOUTUBE

Darth Ultor
06-20-2012, 10:09 PM
I love the animated Muhammad movie. But was Abu Lahab really a drunken idiot?

Abz2000
06-20-2012, 11:26 PM
he was the harsh irrational one who just hated the truth out of blindness. he was the first to make the people disperse when the Prophet pbuh first plucked up his courage and called them to the mount so he could warn them of their situation.
despite being his uncle, he would do everything he could to deride and undermine him, and he would even follow behind the pilgrims who would come to listen to the prophet pbuh, and tell them that the Prophet pbuh was demon possessed and a soothsayer and mad, and they would go away thinking "his own family know him better"

the word lahab is flame, the drunk part i don't know, but it may have been portrayed due to his blind, thoughtless character.

PouringRain
06-21-2012, 01:06 AM
I thought that movie Arranged was a really good movie with a positive message for girls. I had my daughter watch it. The movie is about two young women, one Jewish and one Muslim, who are both at the age of finding a husband. The two young women meet at a school where they both teach, and become friends. The movie shows the contrast between the women and society. The women are both observant, dress modest, and are going through the processes of marriage arrangement; whereas, the women in society around them are loosey-goosey and try to encourage these young women to go astray. The woman each hold to their values. The movie shows the differences between the arrangement process for the two women also. At the end of the movie...... I won't give away the end of the movie. I felt like it was a good, clean movie that can be an encouragement to girls to remain modest and steadfast in their faith despite the immorality in the world around them.

KnockKnock
06-21-2012, 02:42 AM
I am watching the animated Muhammad (saw) movie! Loving it! JazakAllahu kheir!

Ali137
07-14-2012, 06:11 PM
i watch some of the movies on islam channel

Riana17
07-17-2012, 07:34 AM
Salam All

The last Islamic film I saw was Abu, Son of Adam

Though I do not agree with it 100% (like some practises are not Islamic at all, like talking to dead, maybe the Director missed it)

Nevertheless, it was an outstanding story of a humble salesman and his wife whose lifelong wish is to go to HAJJ

Made me cry alot, My husband cried too

I really love simple people. Subhanallah, May Allah give us simple heart forever... Ameeen

HamzaTR
07-18-2012, 12:40 PM
"Uwais al-Qarni" (r.a) aka The Star of Soheil

Scimitar
08-02-2012, 04:31 AM
Bumpings

Journey to Makkah - the story of Ibn Battuta (amazing)

Scimi

BadOlPuttyTat
08-02-2012, 05:01 AM
Ahhh the good old days when we didn't have google ;D . It is hard to believe you are asking a question such as that when we have the almighty Google. But I do not know any "Islamic films" but I know some movies with Muslims in them featuring Muslim characters (kicking butt). And I know Turkish films centered around the Ottoman empire. They are all actions movies but seeing a movie with a Muslim character being cool is priceless. Tell me if you wan't the names because my brother worked at a record shop and collected over 200,000$ worth of comic books. And 100,000 in classic games and has over 4,000 DVD's not counting his Vongo downloads which total over 400 GB's. So I will get back to you in a second with the titles if you desire them.
I mostly stick to foreign South Asian and European films though

Darth Ultor
08-02-2012, 05:15 AM
Le Grand Voyage. French independent film about a teenage boy taking his father to Mecca so he could perform the Hajj. It's about the father/son relationship more than it is about Islam.

Scimitar
08-02-2012, 04:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SaitanaKeDasa
me if you wan't the names because my brother worked at a record shop and collected over 200,000$ worth of comic books. And 100,000 in classic games and has over 4,000 DVD's not counting his Vongo downloads which total over 400 GB's. So I will get back to you in a second with the titles if you desire them.
Your brother is a nutter :) I like him already lol.

Scimi

BadOlPuttyTat
08-02-2012, 04:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Your brother is a nutter :) I like him already lol.

Scimi
He just got good jobs that gave him good perks such as free comics, CD's, video games and movies. Now he work at Home-Depot a retail home improvement store. But any guy with that amount of movies is cool with me ;D

Scimitar
08-02-2012, 04:39 PM
I guess that makes me cool then lol. :D

Scimi

Riana17
08-06-2012, 06:33 AM
Yes I agree, Journey to Mecca is good one

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!