/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Aafia Siddiqui has died today..

- Qatada -
06-20-2012, 03:55 PM
Asalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh

"Aafia Siddiqui - who was sentenced to jail for 86years in the USA - has died today."

That's the rumour that's been spreading everywhere today.

The rumours were false, she hasn't died. Her family contacted the jail and her family said on their facebook that she's alive. Instead of dying and entering Jannah/Paradise (inshaa' Allah), she's still being mentally tortured and abused in prison.

But now that we know, we're not going to do anything about it. Just like we didn't do anything before we heard the rumour.

If you care, then; donate to her family, raise awareness about her situation - to those who you know and to those who you don't know. Fill in the petitions, make du'a.

Do atleast something to relieve her or her family of the hardship.

If you don't, you will be betrayed by others when you most need help. If you do help in any way you can - Allah will make a way out of a difficulty when you most needed His help.

http://freeaafia.org

face book .com/ Free.Aafia.Siddiqui

http://aseerun.org

Related
:

Aafia: "I see the Messenger of Allah in my dream every night.."

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ery-night.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
06-20-2012, 04:20 PM
So what's the truth?

Scimi

Jedi_Mindset
06-20-2012, 04:22 PM
May Allah(SWT) end her suffering soon and may HE grant her paradise just like all the oppressed and imprisoned. Ameen

I'll try to post updates more about her soon, its been a while since i posted my last article :) Insha'Allah

- Qatada -
06-20-2012, 04:22 PM
asalaamu alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakaatuh

Rumour:

https://twitter.com/#!/search/dr.%20afia

Response
:

"Please ignore the distressing rumours that Aafia Siddiqui has died in prison. Her family have confirmed with the prison that Aafia is still alive. "
- JFAC (Justice for Aafia Coalition - Justice for Aafia Coalition - United for Freedom and Justice for Aafia Siddiqui)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Periwinkle18
06-20-2012, 04:32 PM
Well my boss went to her house n it's so sad her sis told him tht no one helped them out they used to say we're collecting money for afia Buh they didn't give her sis a single penny. :(

IbnAbdulHakim
06-20-2012, 04:55 PM
^ dont worry, I have no doubt Allah is taking care of his righteous servant.

Please remember nothing is greater then dua'... i honestly find, honestly

I find that if a person is indeed truelly touched by stories as this (of which there are countless more, this is one example which has been braught to light), then this person can do nothing better... then do reform his/her heart by practising zuhd and jihaadun nafs and make dua' in its purest form which is surrounded by durood.

Snowflake
06-20-2012, 05:16 PM
I don't know whether to feel relieved that she's alive, or sad that her suffering hasn't ended :cry: How do we donate? Can we contact her family directly?

P.S. I don't have FB.

جوري
06-20-2012, 05:20 PM
When I saw the title my heart sank.. la 7wala wla qiwta illa billah.. wonder if they're working to torture her into committing suicide like they do our brothers at Gitmo. This has become unbearable.. What is Pakistan doing for its daughter? Why don't they exchange prisoners? Have they no backbone?

Snowflake
06-20-2012, 05:23 PM
Why don't they exchange prisoners? Have they no backbone?
She wouldn't be where she is if they did imsad

Periwinkle18
06-20-2012, 06:39 PM
She told her mum not to worry she sees prophet (saw) in her dreams. :'(

Darth Ultor
06-20-2012, 06:42 PM
According to wikipedia, she's still alive.

~ Sabr ~
06-20-2012, 06:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Darth Ultor
According to wikipedia, she's still alive.

format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -
The rumours were false, she hasn't died. Her family contacted the jail and her family said on their facebook that she's alive. Instead of dying and entering Jannah/Paradise (inshaa' Allah), she's still being mentally tortured and abused in prison.
:-\

Abz2000
06-20-2012, 06:43 PM
may Allah re-unite her with her family and grant her among the highest status in jannah
i was sort of relieved and angry at the same time,

May Allah give us the ability to establish Khilafah soon so that we are able to act without feeling helpless

Wa Mu'tasimah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nArp9...ailpage#t=672s

Periwinkle18
06-20-2012, 06:58 PM
^ameen

- Qatada -
06-20-2012, 06:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snowflake
I don't know whether to feel relieved that she's alive, or sad that her suffering hasn't ended :cry: How do we donate? Can we contact her family directly?

P.S. I don't have FB.
:salamext:

http://www.justiceforaafia.org/donate-now

yasirslm
06-20-2012, 07:08 PM
As per the TV news no such incident has happened and she is alive...

Abz2000
06-20-2012, 09:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by yasirslm
As per the TV news no such incident has happened and she is alive...

.....sort of.......

then:

did you notice their "evidence"?

then they kidnap her and use this:

She grabbed a rifle at an Afghan police station and started shooting at the Americans sent to grill her. She was shot by the soldier whose weapon she swiped.

Siddiqui overruled her defense team and took the stand, insisting she had never touched the rifle - despite "witness" accounts to the contrary.

The defense argued there was no forensic proof that Siddiqui fired the gun: no bullets, shell casing or damage in the room.

then:

may Allah grant a sense of dignity in this Ummah

Snowflake
06-20-2012, 11:32 PM
subhan Allah :cry:

Periwinkle18
06-21-2012, 09:47 AM
Ameen. :cry:

yasirslm
06-21-2012, 10:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
.....sort of.......

then:

did you notice their "evidence"?

then they kidnap her and use this:

She grabbed a rifle at an Afghan police station and started shooting at the Americans sent to grill her. She was shot by the soldier whose weapon she swiped.

Siddiqui overruled her defense team and took the stand, insisting she had never touched the rifle - despite "witness" accounts to the contrary.

The defense argued there was no forensic proof that Siddiqui fired the gun: no bullets, shell casing or damage in the room.

then:

may Allah grant a sense of dignity in this Ummah
Thanks for sharing such evidence....What Pakistani government has done for Afia Siddiqui which is a ??????...You should share this evidence to Pakistani Government, perhaps they might do something...

Silent Peace
06-21-2012, 10:28 AM
May Allah(SWT) end her suffering soon and may HE grant her paradise just like all the oppressed and imprisoned. Ameen

Periwinkle18
06-21-2012, 10:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by yasirslm
Thanks for sharing such evidence....What Pakistani government has done for Afia Siddiqui which is a ??????...You should share this evidence to Pakistani Government, perhaps they might do something...
They havnt done anything they're liars!! They collect money n use it for themselves n lie tht we're collecting money for afiya

~ Sabr ~
06-21-2012, 11:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
They havnt done anything they're liars!! They collect money n use it for themselves n lie tht we're collecting money for afiya
Agreed. Even Yusuf Raza Gilaani has been made redundant, the Prime Minister of Pakistan.

yasirslm
06-21-2012, 11:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
Truly Agreed...

Signor
06-21-2012, 12:12 PM
^^^Pakistani Goverment Can only Use Afia's Case for getting grant and donation to further their accounts.so leave this illusion what Paki Govt can do??

As far as her death is concerned,She is currently in the situation of neither alive nor dead,how?Read HER Story.I pray to Allah that HE will ease her from this pain,Ameen

- Qatada -
06-21-2012, 03:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SaneFellow
^^^Pakistani Goverment Can only Use Afia's Case for getting grant and donation to further their accounts.so leave this illusion what Paki Govt can do??

As far as her death is concerned,
She is currently in the situation of neither alive nor dead,how?Read HER Story.I pray to Allah that HE will ease her from this pain,Ameen

:salamext:

Indeed, whoever comes to his Lord as a criminal - indeed, for him is Hell; he will neither die therein nor live.
(Taha 20:74)

while people like Aafia will be in the highest levels of Paradise, inshaa' Allah...

glo
06-21-2012, 08:24 PM
Is there any reliable up-to-date information on how she is doing in prison?
Do family member get to see her or contact her?
Do we know if she is being tortured? Or ill?

According to the links provided in this thread nobody seems to know even where she is, let alone how she is.

If anybody has any other source, I would love to read more about Aafia Siddiqui to understand her story better.

Thank you.

Abz2000
06-21-2012, 10:01 PM
there's some info here, but it's not necessarily complete

Aafia Siddiqui (Urdu: عافیہ صدیقی; born March 2, 1972) is an American-educatedPakistani cognitive neuroscientist,[10]related by marriage to terrorist-mastermindKhalid Sheikh Mohammed.[3][7][11] Not long after the September 11 attacks, Dr. Siddiqui left the United States for Pakistan in 2002. After the capture of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed in March 2003 in Rawalpindi,Pakistan, by the Inter-Services Intelligence, he has stated he gave names of innocent people under torture to "please his captors" and Siddiqui’s lawyers believe her name was one of these.[12].[13] After she was named by him, Siddiqui disappeared off the grid for five years. Siddiqui and her children's whereabouts and activities from March 2003 to July 2008 are a matter of dispute. She reappeared in Afghanistanunder detention in 2008. Although authorities claimed she was found in possession of bomb-making instructions and materiel (including sodium cyanide) at the time of her arrest in Afghanistan,[14][15][16] Dr. Siddiqui would come to be charged, tried and convicted in U.S. federal court not for terrorist-related activities, but instead for assault with intent to murder her U.S. interrogators in Afghanistan - charges that carried a maximum sentence of life in prison.[17]Siddiqui was ultimately sentenced by aUnited States district court to 86 years in prison in a trial that critics have called "a grave miscarriage of justice"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aafia_Siddiqui

she is currently being held in the
FMC Carswell
federal prison in Fort Worth, Texas.

- Qatada -
06-21-2012, 10:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Is there any reliable up-to-date information on how she is doing in prison?
Do family member get to see her or contact her?
Do we know if she is being tortured? Or ill?

According to the links provided in this thread nobody seems to know even where she is, let alone how she is.

If anybody has any other source, I would love to read more about Aafia Siddiqui to understand her story better.

Thank you.

First you should do a search on Bagram prison, its origins, and who runs it now.

The Federal Medical Center (FMC) Carswell in Fort Worth, Texas, where Dr. Aafia Siddiqui is said to have been shifted now.

What I found on that page was not very pleasant, to say the least. Here is an excerpt:
Articles criticizing FMC Carswell have appeared in various media outlets relating to various forms of prisoner abuse. These articles focus on allegations of medical malpractice, neglect, and sexual abuse of inmates by staff. Indeed, over a seven-year period, seven FMC Carswell staff members were convicted of sexual abuse of a prisoner...

In May 2008, Vincent Inametti, 48, a Roman Catholic priest who worked as a chaplain at FMC Carswell, was sentenced to 48 months in prison and ordered to pay a $3000 fine after pleading guilty in November 2007 to two counts of sexual abuse of a ward.
Click here for the page on Wikipedia

Some reports suggest she has cancer in prison, and she may even be pregnant (due to rape).

IMAGINE if to meet your legal counsel, to take a phone call or go to a court hearing, you were required to undergo a strip search...

Dr Aafia has to go through invasive full cavity searches conducted in a forced restrained situation and sometimes videotaped. This happens even if she has to make a phone call to a lawyer!

To get a sense of what one of these searches can be like, please see the following videos (linked below) of an ACTUAL STRIP SEARCH released by a brave woman who wanted the world to see the FACTS as compared to a training video on how to "properly" conduct a "visual search."

The worst parts of the abused women were deleted as the video was aired on public TV. (Note this is a search of a regular, American citizen accused of a minor crime.)

We pray that Dr. Aafia, a Muslim woman accused of trying to harm US servicemen is not treated as such and we pray that she is RESPECTED and the "routine" strip searches will soon end.

PLEASE WATCH and you will understand much...

(One British viewer referred to the searches as nothing short of RAPE)
Imagine the toll this would take on a person trying to defend themselves in the very same legal system that subjects her to these routine searches.

Disclaimer:
MDC does not release videotapes of its searches so the publicly posted videos are the most available references.

Contrast actual forced search with the official guidelines which can be humiliating enough.

WARNING GRAPHIC VIDEO:

Conditions of Confinement:

Richard Berman, the judge in Dr. Aafia's case makes repeated assertions about the "presumption of innocence." Each time he does this, one has to question just how this concept is actually applied to Dr. Aafia's case.

Dr. Aafia's Prison Cell:

This is what a cell in the SHU looks like and where Dr Aafia spends all her days. You decide how this is for a woman exposed with zero privacy even to go to the toilet. She is "observed" every 20 minutes by a guard (male or female).

A few simple questions, if she is presumed innocent:

1. Why is she denied a bail hearing?
  2. Why is she treated worse than CONVICTED felons?
  3. Why is she is held in maximum security, solitary confinement at least 23 hours a day? Especially when she has not been formally charged with anything requiring such treatment?
  4. Why she cannot access advice from anyone she trusts? Visitation from family is restricted and she is allowed only ONE 15 minute call every 30 days. (the only exception being an order from the judge)
  5. Why she cannot meet or talk with advisors or lawyers without being forcibly strip searched EVERY TIME?
  6. Why is she is forced to choose between her right to privacy (avoiding invasive strip searches by strangers) and her right to full representation (ability to meet with trusted advisors, lawyers, etc. in a secure environment).

Her treatment clearly reflects the assertion of a "presumption of Guilt."

http://www.freeaafia.org/newsletter-...on-center.html

Even the judge who sentenced her to 86years based on flimsy evidences sarcastically said to her; 'Enjoy your life Ms. Aafia' reported those who witnessed the court case.

Is this what you call justice? Even serial killers, rapists and drug dealers don't even get that much.

Reminds me of the disciples of Jesus who were betrayed by their own people, infact the whole world. The whole world thought they were evil people, but only the few on the truth knew their high rank in the sight of God.

جوري
06-21-2012, 10:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -
Is this what you call justice?
Only outlaws are free and they can say anything because who is standing in their way?
Next time people want to advocate for our kaffir governments (including the Pakistani) with utmost obedience and mockery of those who revolt they shouldn't wonder or complain why such things are happening to Muslims the world over.

Abz2000
06-21-2012, 11:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by منوة الخيال
Next time people want to advocate for our kaffir governments (including the Pakistani) with utmost obedience and mockery of those who revolt they shouldn't wonder or complain why such things are happening to Muslims the world over.
if it's to implement the truth and Rule of God, i think only a hypocrite or infidel would have a problem with it,
otherwise it'll just be the same or worse.

جوري
06-21-2012, 11:14 PM
The current rulers aren't some sort of gateway keepers from hell.. they're simply a different kind of hell. We need to purge ourselves the grip of the puppets as well the puppet masters otherwise we shouldn't complain for we as individuals wield no power alone we can do nothing.. and those who don't want to do should step aside for those who will.
This is a travesty and the maximum we can do is perhaps pray and speak out that it is a travesty but it does nothing to prevent Afifa being raped by filth or squander her mind and for what? tell me for what?
If the Pakistani govt. had some cojones it would initiate some prisoner exchange program.. you've many American turds
like this guy:
http://readersupportednews.org/news-...-hamza-ahmedap

who went free.. or does the blood of the Muslim which matters more to Allah swt than the Kaaba not mean anything to the rest of us?
Shame walhi shame upon shame upon shame!

Muslim Woman
08-15-2012, 03:21 PM
:sl:

Remember Aafia This Ramadhan

Attachment 5031

Order copies of our new exclusive Ramadhan and 'Eid greeting card to send to our sister Aafia, to remind her she is not forgotten.
Email info@justiceforaafia.org This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it with your mailing address and the quantity required.

NB: For the time being Aafia is only accepting postcards. Please do not send long messages or letters. Please avoid political discussion, anything that could be considered inflammatory, controversial or which could be misconstrued in a way that is detrimental to Aafia and her case.

http://justiceforaafia.org/take-acti...-this-ramadhan

Muslim Woman
08-19-2012, 03:25 AM
:sl:

Washington DC: Support Rally for Aafia Siddiqui
Sunday, 02 September 2012, 14:00 by Justice for Aafia Coalition Hits : 23
Sept 2nd. Events in Washington, DC. for Dr. Aafia

A Special Two-Part Labor Day Weekend Event in the Nation's Capitol

A Conversation with Ramsey Clark
(Former U.S. Attorney General and Human Rights Icon)
&
A Support Rally for Dr. Aafia Siddiqui
(A US Political Prisoner and Prisoner of War)

Sunday, September 2, 2012....2 PM
The Carnegie Library 801 K St. NW Washington, DC20001
Sponsored by The Peace Thru Justice Foundation

To reserve your space send an e-mail of intent to peacethrujustice@aol.com This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it at your earliest convenience - please include your name and number with your request.

Mahir Adnan
04-17-2018, 06:18 AM
is she still alive?? imsad
(I don't know why my browser showed 'insecure connection " icon and saying- parts of this page, like images are not secure :o generally, it shows secure icon on other threads)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!