/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can Someone find me this hadith in English please?

جوري
06-21-2012, 01:23 AM
رقم الحديث: 1127
(حديث موقوف) أَخْبَرَنَا عَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عَبْدِ الْمُؤْمِنِ ، قَالَ : أنا أَبُو الْحُسَيْنِ أَحْمَدُ بْنُ عُثْمَانَ الآدَمَيُّ ، قَالَ : حَدَّثَنَا عَبَّاسٌ الدُّورِيُّ ، ثنا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ بِشْرٍ الْعَبْدِيُّ ، قَالَ : حَدَّثَنَا مُجَالِدٌ ، عَنْ عَامِرٍ ، عَنْ زِيَادِ بْنِ حُدَيْرٍ ، قَالَ : قَالَ عُمَرُ بْنُ الْخَطَّابِ ، رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ : " ثَلاثٌ يَهْدِمْنَ الدِّينَ : زَيْغَةُ الْعَالِمِ ، وَجِدَالُ مُنَافِقٍ بِالْقُرْآنِ ، وَأَئِمَّةٌ مُضِلُّونَ " . وَذَكَرَ ابْنُ مُزَيْنٍ ، عَنْ أَصْبَغَ ، عَنْ جَرِيرٍ الضَّبِّيِّ ، عَنِ الْمُغِيرَةِ ، عَنِ الشَّعْبِيِّ ، عَنْ زِيَادِ بْنِ حُدَيْرٍ ، قَالَ : أَتَيْتُ عُمَرَ بْنَ الْخَطَّابِ ، رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ ، فَذَكَرَ مَعْنَاهُ .

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
dqsunday
06-21-2012, 03:07 AM
Here is a rough translation.. using Google Translate. (not a perfect translator but may show the gist of it):

No. talk: 1127
(Interview with Reserve) told Abdullah bin Mohammed bin Abdul Momin, said: I am Abu Ahmed bin Al-Hussein Osman human, told us: Abbas league, idol Muhammad ibn Bishr Abdi, told us: gladiator, for Smith, Ziad Bin Hder, said: 'Umar ibn al-Khattab, may Allah be pleased with him: "Three Ahedmn religion: Zagh the world, and controversy hypocrite Koran, and imams of deceivers." Ibn al-decorated, for repaint, for Greer Dabbi, for marauding, all popular, Ziad Bin Hder, said: I came to Umar ibn al-Khattab, may Allah be pleased with him, he mentioned meaning.

جوري
06-21-2012, 03:10 AM
:lol: at that translation .. Jazaki Allah khyran for the effort. I already speak Arabic I just need the official hadith, I can translate it better but I'd still need the book, volume etc.

جوري
06-21-2012, 03:17 AM
The hadith in a nutshell says that there are three destroyers of religion:
a deviant scholar, the hypocrites arguing the verses of the Quran (i.e to suit their whims) and I've given an example of that in my other post ''Muslim or kaffir' and the last are deceptive heads of states specifically those who lead people astray.

I wouldn't use google on the Quran or Hadith .. nonetheless can someone pls try to find me this in English please? which volume etc.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
dqsunday
06-21-2012, 03:55 AM
I tried :) but yes I don't trust Google for translating accurately. Wish I had the answer to your question but I don't. From your question I thought you were just looking for an English translation, so thought google translate may get the gist of it and be easier to figure out from there. Guess it didn't help at all.

Al-Mufarridun
06-21-2012, 06:07 AM
:sl:

Here is some of what I've found.;

عن زياد بن حدير قال قال لي عمر : هل تعرف ما يهدم الإسلام قال قلت لا قال يهدمه زلة العالم وجدال المنافق بالكتاب وحكم الأئمة المضلين

Ziyad said that Umer bin al-Khattab said to him, "Three destroy the religion, the error of a scholar, the arguing of a hypocrite regarding the Qur'an and misguided leaders." Reference: Sunan Ad-Darimi 214, Hasan Saleem classified it to be authentic, also authenticated by al-Albani.

- Same Hadeeth
رُويَ عن عمر بن الخطاب رضي الله عنه قوله

( ثلاث يهدمن الـــدين: زلة العالم، و جدال المنافق بالقرآن، و أئمة مضلون )

رواه الدارمي في سننه عن زياد بن حدير ، و أورده ابن تيميّة في الفتاوى الكبرى

- So Ibn Taymiyyah has also mentioned this hadith in his Al-Fatawa al-Kubra, as far as i know sadly it hasn't yet been translated into english.

few Similar Hadeeths are mentioned in this Artice on Islaam.net; sadly without references. :
( The Prophet said : The very things I fear for my 'ummah from are : the error of a scholar, a false argument about something in the Qur'aan, and a word that cuts your necks. The Prophet said : False argument about the Qur'aan are blasphemey. The Prophet also said : He who disputes with others for a false thing and he is aware of it , is under Allaah's anger till he ceases. Another hadeeth is : The very thing I fear for my 'Ummah from is every fluent hypocrite. The Prophet says : Shyness and speechlessness ae out of faith, but obscenity and fluency is out of hypocrisy. )

hope that helps Insha' Allah

Allah knows best!

جوري
06-21-2012, 08:06 AM
Great help جزاك الله خيرا another respected member linked me with another reference I'll share it when not using my phone ان شاء الله ...

:w:

جوري
06-21-2012, 08:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by dqsunday
I tried :) but yes I don't trust Google for translating accurately. Wish I had the answer to your question but I don't. From your question I thought you were just looking for an English translation, so thought google translate may get the gist of it and be easier to figure out from there. Guess it didn't help at all.
just read your last sentence and I want to say that's not true .. I am grateful for your help .. I think I phrased my query incorrectly., just the way they do it so we end up with words like 'hypocrite koran' feels to me calculated on their part.. Just makes me mad but not at the fact that you helped at all.
جزاكي الله خير

والسلام عليكم و ورحمة الله و بركاته

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!