/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo on Body

yasirslm
06-22-2012, 10:08 AM
Brothers/Sisters,

AOA

Can I keep tattoos on my body...Does Islam allows the same???

Peace!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~ Sabr ~
06-22-2012, 10:13 AM
WAA

No.

Peace!!!

yasirslm
06-22-2012, 10:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah
WOA

No.

Peace!!!
Why????????

~ Sabr ~
06-22-2012, 10:17 AM
http://islamqa.info/en/ref/99629/tattoo

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
06-22-2012, 10:31 AM
:sl:

According to several fatawa that I've read, if removing your tattoos could harm your body, you could keep those tattoos.

But I think I need to add something. Do not show your tattoos, cover with your clothes.

yasirslm
06-22-2012, 10:52 AM

Ok I have read it and concluded that tattooing is not done by inserting Needle in human body(As mostly in the link Inserting needle in human body is discussed). Term used for inserting needles is called Piercing which is of course Haram.

Secondly the person giving answer on tattoos is saying that by tattooing we change the creation of ALLAH..Is it so..cz I have not seen person converting in fish etc because he has tattoos on his body.

Recently I saw a new form of tattoo which lasts only for one or two days, it comes in form to sticker, there is no needle used to deploy it on your body...what would you say about it????

yasirslm
06-22-2012, 10:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
According to several fatawa that I've read, if removing your tattoos could harm your body, you could keep those tattoos.

But I think I need to add something. Do not show your tattoos, cover with your clothes.
Thanks,appreciated:statisfie

~ Sabr ~
06-22-2012, 10:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by yasirslm
cz I have not seen person converting in fish etc because he has tattoos on his body.
I don't understand what you have said here.

Recently I saw a new form of tattoo which lasts only for one or two days, it comes in form to sticker, there is no needle used to deploy it on your body...what would you say about it????
Your wudhu will not be complete if you wear that as the water will not go through to your skin, therefore you prayers will be invalid.

And Allaah Knows Best

Snowflake
06-22-2012, 11:00 AM
Wa alaykum assalm wa rahmatullah

Changing the creation of Allah with regards to tattooing refers to permanent tattoos in which ink is injected under the skin, because they will not fade away naturally. This doesn't apply to temporary henna tattoos women beautify themselves with : )

yasirslm
06-22-2012, 11:06 AM
Your wudhu will not be complete if you wear that as the water will not go through to your skin, therefore you prayers will be invalid.
Sis,If I had a tattoo on my tummy it doesn't mean wudhu water will go from my tummy...

yasirslm
06-22-2012, 11:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snowflake
This doesn't apply to temporary henna tattoos women beautify themselves with : )
Some references, please^o)

yasirslm
06-22-2012, 11:11 AM
The link I gave you has ALL reference about EVERYTHING to do with Tattoos.

READ IT.
please answer my question
Sis,If I had a tattoo on my tummy it doesn't mean wudhu water will go from my tummy...

ardianto
06-22-2012, 11:13 AM
This fatwa is about making tattoo, not about handle tattoo that have been created, like in bro yasirslm case.

Like I've written, the fatawa for this is case is: If remove your tattoo could harm your body, you could keep it. And if I was not wrong, one of these fatawa was issued by Islamqa.

yasirslm
06-22-2012, 11:22 AM
Is there anyone who can guide me,please

Scimitar
06-22-2012, 11:49 AM
OK let me, with my very limited knowledge on this matter - try and make some sense out of the OP's questions and answer it also.

Can you confirm for me if you already have a tattoo ( I mean the needle one ) ??

Can you confirm for me if you have a temporary tattoo ?

Can you confirm for me your reasons for wanting to get either a permanent or temporary tattoo?

And, can you tell me what you know about making images in Islam???

Now, can you answer your own question?

Thank you.

Scimi

EDIT: I am off to Jumma (Jumma mubarak peeps) back later insha-Allah.

Scimi

yasirslm
06-22-2012, 11:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
OK let me, with my very limited knowledge on this matter - try and make some sense out of the OP's questions and answer it also.

Can you confirm for me if you already have a tattoo ( I mean the needle one ) ??

Can you confirm for me if you have a temporary tattoo ?

Can you confirm for me your reasons for wanting to get either a permanent or temporary tattoo?

And, can you tell me what you know about making images in Islam???

Now, can you answer your own question?

Thank you.

Scimi

Thanks Scimi,really appreciate your words but it doesn't make any sense...What My Question was Is the term TATTOO haram,and secondary part of question was having tattoos using needles or sticker.

But It seems everyone has more focus on having tattoos on body...

ardianto
06-22-2012, 12:10 PM
Thanks for your "like". I give you "like" too.
Thanks Scimi,really appreciate your words but it doesn't make any sense...What My Question was Is the term TATTOO haram,and secondary part of question was having tattoos using needles or sticker.

Thanks for your "like". I give you "like" too. And now let me criticize you.

You start the thread with question "Can I keep tattoos on my body". I have given you an answer. But then you expand your question that can make people assume you want to make new tattoo.

Snowflake
06-22-2012, 12:16 PM
Some references, please^o)
Hmm ok brother. I should have given you the source but why the face? Just ask insha Allah. It just happened that I'd read that fatwa this morning and so gave you the info as it was fresh in my mind.

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/99629

yasirslm
06-22-2012, 12:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
You start the thread with question "Can I keep tattoos on my body". I have given you an answer. But then you expand your question that can make people assume you want to make new tattoo.
Thanks for the "like" brother, actually I had only one question about TATTOO but since TATTOO issue got bigger here, new questions came to my mind,

Sincere apology if I have said anything HARSH.

Peace!!!

Snowflake
06-22-2012, 02:01 PM
What is the matter with ya people? A person gets frowned at for trying to help. Another get's heated and throws accusations, then another one praises their actions instead of reminding them about ikhlaaq. Subhan Allah.

Remember Surah Al Abasa, in which Allah admonished His beloved Prophet for frowning at a man who'd interrupted him while he was talking to a one of the Quraysh chiefs? Doesn't this tell us of the emphasis Islam places on adab and manners? Patience at times like this is one of the lowest forms of patience. If we don't have that how will we ever increase in it? Please try to love each other for the sake Allah. How hard is that?

Surat `Abasa (He Frowned) - سورة عبس

The Prophet frowned and turned away

Because there came to him the blind man, [interrupting].

But what would make you perceive, [O Muhammad], that perhaps he might be purified

Or be reminded and the remembrance would benefit him?

As for he who thinks himself without need,

To him you give attention.

And not upon you [is any blame] if he will not be purified.

But as for he who came to you striving [for knowledge]

While he fears [ Allah ],

From him you are distracted.

No! Indeed, these verses are a reminder;

PouringRain
06-22-2012, 02:24 PM
Brothers/Sisters,

AOA

Peace!!

Maybe because that was your first question? ^o)

Scimitar
06-22-2012, 02:30 PM
my questions to the op just got ignored loool... sure, this person really wants daleel? can't even be bothered to answer questions and just prefers to ask for references? ignores questions AND takes the discussion into new territory when we haven't even managed to understand exactly why they are asking this question? since they don't want to clarify our concerns? very nice...

... here is an option for you, go get your tattoo transfer paper of some celtic symbols or whatever symbolic patterns they represent - enjoy then for a day or two, and then wash them off. on the day of judgement, Allah will ask you why you had those celtic or other symbols transfered onto your body and you know what? You can answer HIM yourself.

Salaam... i got better things to do with my time then read this nonsense.

All I have to say is, GROW A BRAIN. no offence but really? you need to think about your intentions first.

Scimi

EDIT, even if we are to use common sense and go to a reference site for info, we an deduce that marking the body is haraam. The following is from wiki...

Tattoos are considered forbidden in Sunni Islam and are permissible in Shia Islam. According to the book of Sunni traditions, Sahih Bukhari, "The Prophet forbade [...] mutilation (or maiming) of bodies."[32] Several Sunni Muslim scholars believe tattooing is a sin because it involves changing the creation of God(Surah 4 Verse 117-120).[33] There is, however, difference of scholarly Sunni Muslim opinion as to the reason why tattoos are forbidden.[34]

here we can see that though the scholars are in agreement that body marking is haraam, the reasons are so many that they are often in disagreement about which reasons over-rides the others in matters of importance.

Now read this:

Tattoos are forbidden in Judaism[35] based on the Torah (Leviticus 19:28): "You shall not make gashes in your flesh for the dead, or incise any marks on yourselves: I am the Lord." The prohibition is explained by contemporary rabbis as part of a general prohibition on body modification (with the obvious exception of ritual circumcision) that does not serve a medical purpose (such as to correct a deformity). Maimonides, a leading 12th century scholar of Jewish law and thought, explains the prohibition against tattoos as a Jewish response to paganism.
In modern times, the association of tattoos with Nazi concentration camps and the Holocaust has given an additional level for revulsion to the practice of tattooing, even among many otherwise fairly secular Jews. It is a common misconception that anyone bearing a tattoo is not permitted to be buried in a Jewish cemetery.[36]

What you need to realise is that the patterns in tattoos, whether permanent needle tattos or removable transfers, all relate back to symbology - the most mind boggling thing for me is that no one bothers to find out what those symbolic patterns represent? Did you know that most of these are pagan in origin? Or even anti-Semitic as in the case above... either way, we do not breed hatred as Muslims, or unwittingly sponsor the symbols of the pagans either...

In matters of uncertainty, it is better to refrain from the action out of fear of your Lord Creator, Allah. And for the love of your Lord Creator, Allah.

That is all.

Scimi

Qurratul Ayn
06-22-2012, 07:04 PM
:salamext:

Please, don't be harsh and horrible.

Brother yasirslm has asked for help, you have provided some help, yet he may still be confused.

We are all here to learn

:salamext:

Scimitar
06-22-2012, 07:32 PM
Wait bro, I am sorry for my harsh tone in my last post. I was slightly annoyed that you didn't answer my questions - sorry.

Stay, we all have ups n downs bro, I have been called allsorts during my time on forums over the net - it's just water off a ducks back, ok? It's a forum bro...

Now, I was looking thru the link that sis Haafizah gave regarding the issue of tattoos in Islam, and though it doesn't make any reference to transerfable, removable tattoos, I do see them as a bit of a gray area. Simply because from my experience of seeing these fr sale, they usually have some sort of fashion design pattern, or some sort of symbolism or idolatry - on these grounds, I would consider it haraam for women. For men, it is haraam full stop, as men cannnot even wear henna on the skin, and only in their hair...

The two excerpts from wiki that I posted were to help you to guage from your own reasoning and logic, that it is not only Muslims who oppose marking the skin, but Jews also... and how can we, as an Ummah, make halaal for ourselves what our Prophet pbuh has made haraam - especially if the Jews consider it haraam too? imagine that, we'd be worse than the Jews - Allah forbid!!!

I aslo went on to mention that as a matter of taqwa, in matters of doubt - one must refrain from the action. You are in doubt, so refrain. This is the Islamic teaching. I hope this makes it clear for you bro. All it takes is a little honest reflection into what you may already be able to deduce with your own heart.

Scimi

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
06-22-2012, 07:38 PM
Brothers/Sisters,

AOA

Peace!!
Ok I have read it and concluded that tattooing is not done by inserting Needle in human body(As mostly in the link Inserting needle in human body is discussed). Term used for inserting needles is called Piercing which is of course Haram.

Secondly the person giving answer on tattoos is saying that by tattooing we change the creation of ALLAH..Is it so..cz I have not seen person converting in fish etc because he has tattoos on his body.

OP is not referring to already done tattoos, it seems as though he is looking for a way around the tattoo issue. Had he read the link provided for him thoroughly, he would have all his answers just with that alone as it covers most aspects of tattoos. That is what sis haafiza has a problem with if I'm not mistaken. If a person comes to ask a question, theys hould read teh answers given fully before continuing on, it is a waste for everyone involved and disrespectful to do anything less than that imo.

- cOsMiC

Scimitar
06-22-2012, 07:38 PM
Bro Yasir, strength is not how hard you can hit, but how hard you can be hit, and still keep moving forward... stay :)

Scimi

dysphoricrocker
06-22-2012, 07:47 PM
Salaam brother.

With regards to your question, let me have my input on it. Your question was "Can I keep tattoos on my body". Of course in Islam, you can't.

But say, you already had one, in your time of ignorance, then of course it is best to remove it. Provided you can afford it and it will not cause harm to your body, which is most general cases, it doesnt. I have been taught that, with tattoos, your wudhu becomes invalid. That is why, as much as possible, find avenues to remove it. If by all means, you cannot, then Allah is All-Knowing of your intentions, the Merciful and the Most Forgiving.

Trust me brother, i know. It costs alot(here at least) to get the tattoos removed, but it's worth it.

And please stay ):

Muhaba
06-22-2012, 09:21 PM
there are hadith forbidding tattoos.

Scimitar
06-22-2012, 09:48 PM
Indeed there are sister Writer. Sister Haafizah had posted a link which had the hadeeth in them making it very clear, but I do not think that the OP honoured his own intention to find out the truth, and therefore didn't investigate it. This is what this issue is over. Either way, we all learn differently I guess ^o) Strange times we're living in.

Scimi

ardianto
06-23-2012, 02:03 AM
Is "keep" means "let" or "maintain", or in this case is "do not remove"?.

Sorry if I misunderstood. English is not my first language.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!