/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New Here

patientgrace
06-24-2012, 04:42 AM
Hi Everyone!

I am new to the Islamic Forum and I am very happy to be here. I will start by saying that I am a Christian woman. I worship and praise God, however about 7 years ago I really became interested in the study and culture of Islam. I am interested in learning more and I hope that you all will bare with me and forgive me if I do not understand all of the Muslim customs or offend anyone by my ignorance. This is a learning experience for me, and I pray that it is a good one.

My family is not supportive of me being interested in or studying the Muslim culture, so you might see where I have been so apprehensive over the years. I guess you could call this "coming out of my shell so to speak" :)

A little about me, again I am Christian, and God is my top priority. I am a single/divorced mother of 3 beautiful daughters ages 24, 20, and 7 and even though I am divorced, my ex husband and I are still good friends. I have many hobbies and interests. I enjoy studying and learning about art, science, history and astronomy. I enjoy cooking many different ethnic foods. I enjoy doing homemade crafts, I also make my own candles and laundry detergent. In my spare time I enjoy reading and writing.

I am very excited to be here and I hope I meet many wonderful people!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
06-24-2012, 04:51 AM
:welcome: aboard patience love the intro and SN..
Enjoy your stay with us...

Best,

Hulk
06-24-2012, 05:46 AM
Hello patientgrace :) welcome to the forum. There are quite a few sub-sects in here so do check em out and don't hesitate to post. I hope you have a beneficial and fun time here. May I ask what sparked off your curiosity about Islam?

Qurratul Ayn
06-24-2012, 06:31 AM
Peace be upon you

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!

Insha'Allaah (God-willing), you will learn loads and find the forum beneficial!

We are all here to learn!

Peace be upon you

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
patientgrace
06-24-2012, 03:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
Hello patientgrace :) welcome to the forum. There are quite a few sub-sects in here so do check em out and don't hesitate to post. I hope you have a beneficial and fun time here. May I ask what sparked off your curiosity about Islam?
Honestly, it really became an interest of mine about 7 years ago. I guess I was becoming more familiar with my surroundings and understanding that there were other different types of cultures and religions out there other than what I was raised with. I am 45 years old, and it is very sad that it has taken me this long to be confident enough and more outspoken and to have a mind of my own. Also, the fact that my family was never supportive of me studying or learning about any other religions other than Christianity. During my divorce, I became very good friends with a Muslim woman and she also opened many doors for my interest in studying and learning about Islam.

Thank you everyone so much for the warm welcomes, I definitely have more confidence in making friends here and being accepted on this forum!

Snowflake
06-24-2012, 04:50 PM
Hi Patientgrace, (nice name btw) :)

Welcome and hope a beneficial stay God willing and share with us your home craft tips :statisfie

MustafaMc
06-24-2012, 05:39 PM
Welcome, patientgrace. I hope you will have a positive experience here and that you will learn more about Islam. I am 52 and an American convert to Islam. I became a Muslim while in college, but soon quite practicing for various reasons including discord with my family. I decided to practice Islam in June 2001 and God has willed that I have stayed true to that decision. The most amazing experience of my life was making pilgrimage to Mecca in 2010, arriving in Saudi Arabia on my 50th birthday. I and others will be glad to answer what questions you may have within the limits of our knowledge and experience, God willing.

Qurratul Ayn
06-24-2012, 06:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
The most amazing experience of my life was making pilgrimage to Mecca in 2010, arriving in Saudi Arabia on my 50th birthday.
Subhan'Allaah! Truly :awesome:

format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
I and others will be glad to answer what questions you may have within the limits of our knowledge and experience.
Yep, yep, yep, Insha'Allaah. :)

Periwinkle18
06-24-2012, 06:35 PM
Welcome to the forum :) hope you like it here

PouringRain
06-24-2012, 10:35 PM
Welcome to the forum.

BadOlPuttyTat
06-24-2012, 10:53 PM
[BANANA]Welcome to the family sista! :statisfie [/BANANA]

dysphoricrocker
06-25-2012, 02:24 AM
Greetings of peace

Welcome here and enjoy your stay. Do not hesitate to ask questions (:

patientgrace
06-25-2012, 03:08 PM
My cup runneth over!

Thank you all! I look forward to many great conversations with you all!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!