/* */

PDA

View Full Version : "Islamist" leader wins Egypt Vote

User29123
06-24-2012, 03:14 PM
High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut & paste the article. See our Ts&Cs and Copyright Policy for more detail. Email ftsales.support@ft.com to buy additional rights. http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/6ca30566-b...#ixzz1yiwtEPxK

An Islamist leader from the long-suppressed Muslim Brotherhood group has been declared winner of Egypt’s first-ever free presidential election, held almost a year and a half after a popular uprising unseated Hosni Mubarak, the former dictator.
Mohamed Morsi, 62, a US-trained engineer, has been declared president by the powerful electoral commission, a week after polls closed in a tightly-fought election which pitted him against Ahmed Shafiq, a military man. Mr Shafiq, a former regime insider, was seen as embodying the army-led establishment which had been in power since 1952.
I am not sure how well it's going to end but why all the media saying "Islamist" what like they are planning another 9/11 on the west now? Seriously all these English and western people really have problems with Muslims and Muslim countries. But it's ok for them to take our oil..

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/6ca30566-b...#axzz1yiwlwvbi

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Said_Soussi
06-27-2012, 05:32 PM
What ''Islamist'' ?
He is better than the alternative being shafiq (army ruling)
but he has chosen a christian and a woman as his vice-president and the biggest nono of all is that he (or the mb) have already said that they ain't gonna implement Shariah!!

GuestFellow
06-27-2012, 05:34 PM
If that is what the Egyptians want, oh well. It's their country.

Said_Soussi
06-28-2012, 05:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
If that is what the Egyptians want, oh well. It's their country.
No, it's not!
This earth and everything else belongs to Allah [swt] alone, and He should be worshipped by everyone on it!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
06-28-2012, 05:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Said_Soussi
What ''Islamist'' ?
He is better than the alternative being shafiq (army ruling)
but he has chosen a christian and a woman as his vice-president and the biggest nono of all is that he (or the mb) have already said that they ain't gonna implement Shariah!!
I believe something more radical will need to take place over the entire Muslim world for that to happen.. but I think it is a positive step. I want to comment that article II of the Egyptian constitution draws its fundamental political principles from sharia.. The idenitity of Egypt is never in question.. but allowing all those factions to have a say in my opinion is wrong given that in the 'civilized west' they're making it the law so that minority opinion as far as their own affairs are concerned are against the law with 26 states for insance banning sharia.. so I don't really wish to hear from them about 'human rights and minority rights' isn't that by definition what democracy is? 50+1 usurping 50-1?

:w:

:w:

GuestFellow
06-28-2012, 06:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Said_Soussi
No, it's not!
This earth and everything else belongs to Allah [swt] alone, and He should be worshipped by everyone on it!!
Salaam,

Fine.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!