/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Just something I wanted to share as a teenage kid

Samiun
06-25-2012, 03:11 PM
:sl: few months ago I went to an Islamic Youth camp

There were somethings I want to share with you guys. First of all, I realized that there are still hope in the youth. I find it quite fascinating and inspiring when I saw teenagers and also kids as young as 10 years-old or younger than me have the courage to stand up and asked questions in front of everyone during the Q & A session of a lecture. You might think it sounds like nothing, but to me that was one of the hardest things to do as a teenager. But to see these guys do it, it was something remarkable.. To top it all, they know the details you know. What is ibadah, what is solat, etc2. They can also give an explanation with important points about it. They also know many histories of Islamic warriors such as Salehudeen, Abdul Rahman Al-Ghafqi, Tariq ibn Ziyad, Zaid Ibn Ali (Warriors that more or less that they know). I am older than them, but they know much about Islamic things than me. That kinda inspired me to learn more about Islamic than I am already doing. I always thought that such teenagers exist but were hard to find. But Alhamdulillah, Allah finally showed me that these people are still around and I hope I may humble myself and lower my pride for the sake of Allah S.W.T.. Before all of this, the thought that 'you're the only one that's knowledgeable' got into me but I was resisting it really2 hard. In the end Alhamdulillah, in the end Alhamdulillah.... :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hulk
06-25-2012, 03:23 PM
True talibul ilms are out there bro..

ShakeelShahzad
06-26-2012, 11:13 AM
The Merit of Knowledge and Abiding By It

The Prophet, sallallahu ^alayhi wa sallam, said:
طَلَبُ الْعِلْمِ فَرِيضَةٌ عَلَى كُلِّ مُسْلِمٍ
Talabul-^ilmi faridatun ^ala kulli Muslim.
Which means: “Seeking the [obligatory] religious knowledge is an obligation upon every Muslim.” (Related by al-Bayhaqiyy.)
Learning the Religious knowledge is among the best things that one may spend one’s time doing. The safe path that protects a person and his family from Hellfire is by learning the Islamic knowledge, i.e., learning what Allah made obligatory upon us and learning what Allah ordered us to avoid.
Allah, ta^ala, said in the Qur’an:
يَرْفَعِ اللَّهُ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا مِنكُمْ وَالَّذِينَ أُوتُوا الْعِلْمَ دَرَجَاتٍ
Yarfa^illahu-lladhina amanu minkum walladhina utul-^ilma darajat.
Ayah 11 of Suratul-Mujadalah means: {Allah raises to higher ranks the believers and those of (Islamic) knowledge.}
مَنْ يُرِدِ اللهُ بِهِ خَيْراً يُفَقِّهْهُ فِي الدِّينِ
May yuridillahu bihi kayray-yufaqqihhu fid-din.
Which means: “The one for whom Allah willed goodness, Allah guides him to become a knowledgeable person in the Religion.” (Narrated by al-Bukhariyy.)
Knowledge and good manners: One will not become pious except by learning and practicing that which one learned. This means that one must learn the matters of the Religion and follow what one learned. The one who does this is the person who knows how to use one’s heart and other organs to obey Allah. By this, one will have good manners. One uses one’s hearing to obtain the knowledge, and one’s tongue to review and teach what one has learned.
بَلِّغُوا عَنِّي وَلَوْ آيَةً
Ballighu ^anni walaw-ayah.
Which means: “Convey from me, even if it was one verse.” (Narrated by al-Bukhariyy.)
The sins of the tongue: Among what one must avoid are the sins of the tongue. Among the sins of the tongue are giving an Islamic judgment without knowledge, refusing to teach the Islamic obligatory knowledge while there is a student who wishes to acquire it, and refraining from ordering with ma^ruf (obligations) and forbidding munkar (prohibitions).
1- Giving judgment without knowledge: It is sinful for one to give judgments in the matters of the Religion out of one’s own opinion. This harms the one who does it. For example if someone says: “Such and such is allowed or not allowed,” while one does not know the Islamic judgment of whether it is allowed or not, one commits a major sin.
مَنْ أَفْتَى بِغَيْرِ عِلْم ٍ فَعَلَيْهِ لَعَنَتةُ اللهِ وَالْمَلاَئِكَةِ وَالنَّاسِ أَجْمَعِين
Man afta bighayri ^ilmin fa^alayhi la^natullahi wal-mala’ikati wan-nasi ajma^in.
Which means: “Let the ****ation of Allah, the angels, and all the people be on the one who gives an Islamic judgment without knowledge.” (Related by As-Suyutiyy.)
2- Refusing to teach the Islamic obligatory knowledge while someone wishes to acquire it: This is one of the sins of the tongue. An example of it is refusing (without a religious excuse) to teach the personal obligatory knowledge to a person who needs to learn it.
مَنْ سُئِلَ عَنْ عِلْمٍ فَكَتَمَهُ أُلْجِمَ يَوْمَ القِيَامَةِ بِلِجَامٍ مَنْ نَارٍ
Man su’ila ^an ^ilmin fakatamahu uljima yawmal-qiyamati bilijamim min-Nar.
Which means: “The one who is asked to teach the religious [obligatory] knowledge and refrains from it (with no excuse) will be bridled with a reign of fire on the Day of Judgment.” (Related by Ibn Majah, al-Hakim, Ibn Hibban.)
3- Refraining from ordering with ma^ruf (obligations) and forbidding munkar (prohibitions): This is among the sins of the tongue only if one is able. So, if someone sees another person, who listens to advice, leaving out the prayer, one is obligated to order him to pray.

Samiun
06-27-2012, 11:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
True talibul ilms are out there bro..
:sl: the problem is that, when you don't go to the masjid often, you don't attend lectures, you don't have a close contact which tells you the events that are happening among the Muslim community and etc2 is that you don't know they exist. It was difficult for me to find such people because let's just say I was keeping myself in school locked in school and didn't bother to go outside to find them. I didn't even know such camps existed until I saw one of the banners at a Masjid. I think it proves that something has to be done in my country in order for the Muslims to rise up and be a Mu'min instead of being just a Muslim because we have left the Sunnah for so long and I keep seeing the sins that are committed by Muslims themselves on a day to day basis(Racist jokes, Not doing Salat, etc2)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!