/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Pastor Arrested For Fraud In Singapore

جوري
06-26-2012, 09:15 PM
Pastor Kong Hee Arrested For Fraud In Singapore, Financing Wife Ho Yeow Sun's Career

Kong Hee Arrested For Fraud

SINGAPORE -- Authorities have arrested the founder of one of Singapore's largest evangelical churches and alleged millions of dollars in church money was used to aid the career of his pop singer wife.
The Singapore Police Force said it plans to charge City Harvest Church founder Kong Hee on Wednesday with conspiracy to commit criminal breach of trust. The police statement Tuesday said four other church leaders would be charged with breach of trust and conspiracy to commit falsification of accounts.
The Charities Commissioner said at least $23 million Singapore dollars (US$18 million) of church money instead financed the music career of Kong's wife. Ho Yeow Sun has put out a few Mandarin pop albums.
The charities statement did not give details.
City Harvest says up to 23,000 people attend its services

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...6pLid%3D173314

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
06-26-2012, 09:17 PM
Perhaps this too will meet a similar fate to the homo/pedo thread, lest we God forbid point out something that upsets her ladyship' sensibilities.

Qurratul Ayn
06-26-2012, 09:21 PM
That is totally messed up, using Church money to fund his wife's MUSIC CAREER?!

Totally messed up.

جوري
06-26-2012, 09:24 PM
praise be to Allah for exposing these vile evangelizing kaffirs for who they truly are.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
dysphoricrocker
06-27-2012, 02:51 AM
Salaam.

I was like O_O?? when i saw a post with Singapore in it :D

I thought this case was only known here, apparently not. City Harvest Church has a huge following here. HUGE. And most of them are youngsters, whom they attract, by having big concerts, funfair and game festivals. This is why alot of youths are attracted to the church. A point to note is that, even after this has become known to public, alot of their followers still defend the pastor(who does not even look or dress like a usual Christian pastor), claiming that he is "a man of God", he is good, and nice, and so on. I mean, if i had that much money, i would be nice to everyone too! The Church even has this thing which they exercise where one can voluntarily donate 10% of their monthly wages to the Church. But it is not obligatory.

But on the other hand, there are people who have went to this church at least once, have said that the pastor is a very manipulative person, and the church events are very chaotic and is not a conducive environment for worship. They have singing and dancing in the church(this i have been told by a friend so i can't confirm it's true).

But oh well, even for a pastor, with that much money at your disposal, your nafs and satan will get the best of you. May Allah safeguard us from such greed.

glo
06-27-2012, 05:41 AM
It is always good to challenge and expose abusive behaviour of any kind!
I mean, millions of dollars for a pop singer carrier out of all things??! Surely that wasn't on the church's mission statement!

The breach of trust must be the worst for the members of the congregation. To see the alleged spiritual leader of the church exposed for his selfish and deceptive act must be really painful! imsad

In life we put our trust in people of authority - parents, teachers, politicians, spiritual leaders. They have a lot of power, but also a great responsibility - namely not to let their people down!

glo
06-27-2012, 05:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by dysphoricrocker
The Church even has this thing which they exercise where one can voluntarily donate 10% of their monthly wages to the Church. But it is not obligatory.
Giving 10% of your income is not uncommon for Christians. It goes back to the Old testament principle of tithing - when people gave 10% of their harvest to the poor.

But oh well, even for a pastor, with that much money at your disposal, your nafs and satan will get the best of you. May Allah safeguard us from such greed.
Amen to that.

glo
06-27-2012, 06:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by منوة الخيال
Perhaps this too will meet a similar fate to the homo/pedo thread, lest we God forbid point out something that upsets her ladyship' sensibilities.
I like 'her ladyship' better than 'hypocrite' and 'vile pharisee'.
Thank you! :)

جوري
06-27-2012, 08:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by dysphoricrocker
Salaam.

should be another clue to the legitimacy of said religion. They're either collecting money, molesting boys and often times under pretense to be something they're not. May Allah swt expose them especially in the regions where they prey on people's poverty or circumstance. I feel this style worship and religion is best suited for the ignorant in the west as it addresses all their base desires. What we can't accomplish by pointing out simple truths Allah swt makes manifest in a most magnificent manner.
:w:

ardianto
06-27-2012, 09:18 AM
Assalamu'alaikum, and greeting.

In my honest opinion, what happened to Kong Hee, is not because he's non-Muslim, but because he is a man. Case like this could be happen to men from every nation, every religion. It could be happen to Muslim men too.

The great weakness of men is women. When a man has fall in love to a woman, he will surrender to that woman, and follow what she wants. However, the right women will bring the men to the right way, the wrong woman will bring the men to the wrong way.

There are many example which bad men turned into good men, from criminal turned into pious people, because their right women always remind them to back to the right way. In another side, there are many trustable men who turned into corruptor because their wrong women trapped into luxury life that need much money.

Kong Hee is one of the men who married wrong woman, Ho yeow Sun (Sun Ho), who has been trapped in ambition to become famous singer. And it need much money.

This is why old people always remind young men "When you are looking for a wife, do not look only at beauty, but look at her level of piousness, character, and personality".

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!