/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do you see yourself still posting on IB in 10-15 years or more?

Ramadan90
06-30-2012, 01:03 PM
Do you?

For me: No.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
06-30-2012, 01:07 PM
Look at the date I joined.

Qurratul Ayn
06-30-2012, 01:08 PM
:salamext:

Insha'Allaah, most definitely. Yes for me!

May I ask why "no" for you, Brother Allah<3?

format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Likewise, Brother Muezzin

Ramadan90
06-30-2012, 01:09 PM
LOL, bro. 7 years is a long time, but do you think you will be still here in 10 years?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
06-30-2012, 01:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Allah<3
LOL, bro. 7 years is a long time, but do you think you will be still here in 10 years?
I don't know if I'll be alive in 10 years.

But I hope so, inshallah.

ardianto
06-30-2012, 01:13 PM
Insha Allah. If I am still alive.

Ramadan90
06-30-2012, 01:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratul Ayn
:salamext:

Insha'Allaah, most definitely. Yes for me!

May I ask why "no" for you, Brother Allah <3?

Likewise, Brother Muezzin
:sl:

I will be 31 years old in 10 years. I will probably have a wife and a kid/kids by then and be busy with other things if Allah willing. I will very soon use the internet a lot less than I am used to because my ability to focus on something for an extended period of time has drastically decreased because of internet. I dont even know if I will be active by the end of the year inshallah since I want to focus on important things(Islam and other things).

Ramadan90
06-30-2012, 01:18 PM
I don't know if I'll be alive in 10 years.

But I hope so, inshallah.
Inshallah. :)

Qurratul Ayn
06-30-2012, 01:28 PM
:wasalamex

I will be 31 years old in 10 years. I will probably have a wife and a kid/kids by then and be busy with other things if Allah willing.
Insha'Allaah

I will very soon use the internet a lot less than I am used to because my ability to focus on something for an extended period of time has drastically decreased because of internet. I dont even know if I will be active by the end of the year inshallah since I want to focus on important things(Islam and other things).
If you do decide to stop being active, just once in a while log in and look through the threads, posts and such, you don't have to post, that's what I did and now I'm back on it again! But it's understandable that you would want to focus on the more important things, as should we all, come to that. Lol

Nevertheless, I stick by my answer. Yes all the way! I may become inactive on the forum, but will always come back to browse

Hulk
06-30-2012, 01:35 PM
Have i ever told you that I am comfortable with your username? Makes it kinda hard to refer to you. Haha.. just my opinion bro..

My intention of being on IB is to learn from others and InshaAllah share the little that I know. As long as IB will benefit me I will stick around InshaAllah.

Darth Ultor
06-30-2012, 01:37 PM
Who knows?

ardianto
06-30-2012, 01:37 PM

I will be 31 years old in 10 years. I will probably have a wife and a kid/kids by then and be busy with other things if Allah willing. I will very soon use the internet a lot less than I am used to because my ability to focus on something for an extended period of time has drastically decreased because of internet. I dont even know if I will be active by the end of the year inshallah since I want to focus on important things(Islam and other things).
Wa'alaikumsalam

I am 45 years old. Married and have two sons. But I am still active in Islamicboard.

Gather with my Muslim brothers and sisters in IB is better than gather online with other people who always talk about music, movie, and sexy women.

Ramadan90
06-30-2012, 01:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
Have i ever told you that I am comfortable with your username? Makes it kinda hard to refer to you. Haha.. just my opinion bro..

My intention of being on IB is to learn from others and InshaAllah share the little that I know. As long as IB will benefit me I will stick around InshaAllah.
LOL

Thats great.

Endymion
06-30-2012, 01:48 PM
I'm not sure about the next moment and you are talking about 10-15 years :hmm: If i'll be alive,and still i found this place beneficial,i would definitely come here and will try to bring more crowd in the forums,i mean my fama ... aaa... buu ... :X :-[ :hiding: :giggling:

Ramadan90
06-30-2012, 01:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Wa'alaikumsalam

I am 45 years old. Married and have two sons. But I am still active in Islamicboard.

Gather with my Muslim brothers and sisters in IB is better than gather online with other people who always talk about music, movie, and sexy women.
Manshallah. I just cant see myself being active in ANY forum at all in 10 years and I will use internet much less very soon. I need to focus on the most important things in life and get rid of distraction. And I just dont want to lose my ability to focus for a longer time. Internet decrease the attentionspan.

Ramadan90
06-30-2012, 01:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
I'm not sure about the next moment and you are talking about 10-15 years :hmm: If i'll be alive,and still i found this place beneficial,i would definitely come here and will try to bring more crowd in the forums,i mean my fama ... aaa... buu ... :X :-[ :hiding: :giggling:
Its hard to tell, yes. But we assume that we will all live in 10-15 years. Who even knows if IB exist by then.:p

Endymion
06-30-2012, 02:10 PM
A few days before,i was thinking if i'll have an internet connection and IB forum in Jannah :hmm:

Ramadan90
06-30-2012, 02:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
A few days before,i was thinking if i'll have an internet connection and IB forum in Jannah :hmm:
LOL!!! You probably wont need it or want it, there are much better things in Jannah.

glo
06-30-2012, 03:09 PM
Same here.
There are still quite a few of the old-timers around. :)

Allah <3, during the years I have spent here I have often taken some time out - usually during Ramadan, Lent or Advent. And then I took 15 months out ... but still decided to return not so long ago.
I think is a case of 'once an LI/IB member, ALWAYS and LI/IB member!' ;D

sister herb
06-30-2012, 03:14 PM
It is very possible.

;D

~Zaria~
06-30-2012, 03:59 PM
Assalamu-alaikum,

Nice question : )

Apart from whether we will still be alive in 10-15 years time, I think it depends on many more factors:

- a members personality:
e.g. The sentimental, 'loyal to a group' type person is more likely to still be around.

- what is your purpose on this group?
If you are here to gain knowledge about this deen or spend 'time' with individuals who are trying to attain nearness to Allah (subhanawataála) and His rasul (sallalahu alaihi wasalam) then too, theres a good chance you really enjoy being in this group and would want to continue being here as long as possible.

If this forum is just a passing interest or a means to fill in extra time on your holidays - then insha Allah, it will grow on you.....if not, we may be missing you in a few months/ years.

- time constraints

This is a big one.
At the moment, Im struggling to juggle my life and my time spent on-line (im supposed to be studying now......but i really like it here! :/ )

However, I also would like to spend less time on-line.......soo much of our lives can pass by - which can be spent being active in other ways in Islam - getting involved in Dawah, helping out at an orphanage/ old-age home, visiting the sick, enrolling into arabic/ islamic courses, travelling (if one has the means) and getting in touch with Allahs amazing creation, etc.......

Theres so much to be done, and so little time - I often wonder how some of us spend more time behind a screen then actually LIVING life.

Also, depending on marriage and kids (insha Allah) - I think many of us probably will have less time to afford, as our responsibilities to others grow.

So, will I be here in 10-15 years?

: )

Allah knows best.

:wa:

glo
06-30-2012, 04:19 PM
We have had youngsters, who stopped visiting once they left school/uni and started work or started a family. Time constraint is a big issue.

I sometimes wonder what happened to certain people and would love to know their stories ... :)

Ramadan90
06-30-2012, 04:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
Assalamu-alaikum,

Nice question : )

Apart from whether we will still be alive in 10-15 years time, I think it depends on many more factors:

- a members personality:
e.g. The sentimental, 'loyal to a group' type person is more likely to still be around.

- what is your purpose on this group?
If you are here to gain knowledge about this deen or spend 'time' with individuals who are trying to attain nearness to Allah (subhanawataála) and His rasul (sallalahu alaihi wasalam) then too, theres a good chance you really enjoy being in this group and would want to continue being here as long as possible.

If this forum is just a passing interest or a means to fill in extra time on your holidays - then insha Allah, it will grow on you.....if not, we may be missing you in a few months/ years.

- time constraints

This is a big one.
At the moment, Im struggling to juggle my life and my time spent on-line (im supposed to be studying now......but i really like it here! :/ )

However, I also would like to spend less time on-line.......soo much of our lives can pass by - which can be spent being active in other ways in Islam - getting involved in Dawah, helping out at an orphanage/ old-age home, visiting the sick, enrolling into arabic/ islamic courses, travelling (if one has the means) and getting in touch with Allahs amazing creation, etc.......

Theres so much to be done, and so little time - I often wonder how some of us spend more time behind a screen then actually LIVING life.

Also, depending on marriage and kids (insha Allah) - I think many of us probably will have less time to afford, as our responsibilities to others grow.

So, will I be here in 10-15 years?

: )

Allah knows best.

:wa:

For me, it is not about being loyal. I am a loyal person but sometimes there are more important things than spending time online. I love IB for the wonderful people here and that one can learn so much from here, but time is invalueable so you have to know how you spend it. Forums can be very addictive and I will decrease the amount of time spending on internet.

~Zaria~
07-01-2012, 08:05 AM
Forums can be very addictive

Most definitely!

I suggest all to take the following test - and decide if you are addicted to the internet (may include games/ forums) :

Verified test by the American Psychological Association (APA). Initially for alcohol [jama.ama-assn.org].

A "Yes" to at least 2 of 4 questions means you might need medical intervention:

1. Ever felt a need to cut down on games/ using the internet?

2. Do you get annoyed when people criticize that you play/ use internet too much?

3. Ever felt guilty that you played/ used the internet too much and did not get other stuff done?

4. Ever felt like you had to log onto the internet or a game the first thing in the morning when you wake up?

Who else needs help?

Maybe we can form a support group insha Allah.......

: (

sister herb
07-01-2012, 09:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
Maybe we can form a support group insha Allah.......
Create to IB forum group about how to get rid of IB forum?

;D

Haya emaan
07-01-2012, 10:03 AM
10-15 years..... as for my intentions, they are longer then that....^o) by Allah's will

IB community has benefited me in several ways for so long so why will i not want to serve it with my knowledge and experience i will gain in the future... (inshaAllah)

Pygoscelis
07-03-2012, 05:42 PM
It isn't easy to predict if I'll be here in that amount of time. I wasn't planning on staying here more than a month when I came, and yet look at my join date.

Eric H
07-04-2012, 08:56 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Muezzin;

Do not look at the date I joined, I hope I shall have only one foot in the grave in ten years time, and be a mere youngster of 73, God willing; I shall still be around.

;D;D

Eric

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!