/* */

PDA

View Full Version : need a quick response Urgent!

ILuvAllah
06-30-2012, 02:13 PM
I am making a VOLUNTARY fast today but now in the afternoon i got hurt on my foot nail which caused a little bleeding. Does this break fasting? should I continue my fast?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
06-30-2012, 02:16 PM
Salam alaykum

I havenĀ“t never hear that wounding would break the fast.

ardianto
06-30-2012, 02:45 PM
:sl:

If only minor injuries like that, continue your fast.

Your question is one of many frequently asked question, and that is the answer from ulama.

~Raindrop~
06-30-2012, 02:49 PM
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

Continue with your fast, as bleeding will not break it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ILuvAllah
07-01-2012, 01:15 PM
Is it true that you cant swallow your own saliva during fast?

sister herb
07-01-2012, 01:27 PM
Does saliva invalidate the fast during Ramadaan or not? Because I produce a lot of saliva especially when reading Qur’aan and when I am in the mosque.

Praise be to Allaah.

If a fasting person swallows his saliva that does not invalidate his fast even if there is a lot of it and if that happens in the mosque or elsewhere. However if it is thick like mucus, he should not swallow it, rather he should spit it out into a tissue or whatever if he is in the mosque.

And Allaah is the Source of strength. May Allah send blessings and peace upon of Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions.

Al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah li’l-Buhooth wa’l-Ifta, 1-/270.

If it is asked, is it permissible to swallow mucus deliberately?

The answer is:

It is haraam to swallow mucus whether one is fasting or not, because it is considered to be dirty and it may carry diseases produced by the body. But it does not break the fast if a fasting person swallows it, because it does not come from blood and swallowing it is not regarded as food or drink. If he swallows it after it reaches the mouth, it does not break the fast. From the words of Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Uthaymeen, may Allaah have mercy on him. See al-Sharh al-Mumti’, 6/428.

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/12597

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!