/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ever Had Surgery?

Hulk
06-30-2012, 04:38 PM
I was just wondering if I can get some input here.. Has anyone here ever underwent surgery before? How was it? What was it like? I am currently contemplating whether or not I should have surgery for a torn ligament in my knee. It's a pretty important ligament and I would love to have the knee back to 100% but I don't know if I should do it. My main worry is what if it gets worse? Also.. I don't want to have to use a catheter to relief myself.

Do share if you know a thing or two.

Here's a video of what it is.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
CosmicPathos
06-30-2012, 04:56 PM
acl reconstruction is a pretty straight forward surgery.

Cabdullahi
06-30-2012, 05:54 PM
Yeah i had one, but i dont want to talk about it here especially when females might read my post.

Pure Purple
07-01-2012, 04:53 AM
:skeleton: Brother hulk
I would really appreciate your guts if you go for this surgery.
Few days back I saw Tooth cavity on one of side tooth.There is no pain,no black spots but I am very scared going to doctors.Only few days left to Ramzan ,If it will start paining during fast what I will do then.imsad

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hulk
07-01-2012, 05:55 AM
You should go to the dentist sis! I had a friend who went through something similar and he prolonged it and for some reason his breath was stinky one day I forced him to go to the dentist now he is fine!

Thanks for ur input bro pathos, can I request to not want the catheter? and bro cbdullahi I know what you're talking about ok we all that particular surgery haha.

dqsunday
07-01-2012, 06:06 AM
Root canels aren't all that bad. Its just getting the initial freezing and enduring the annoying drilling. After everything is done, the tooth won't hurt as the nerve is gone. May get a sort of ghost pain but the hard part is the process of the root canel. The whole having your mouth open for a long period of time.

Not getting your tooth tended to is bound to cause you more problem in the long run, including pain or worse, decay setting into the gums or into the bone.

You also want to have fresh smelling breath.

Pure Purple
07-01-2012, 01:51 PM
:raging:Thank you dqsunday for your reply.Now I will not go to dentist until my tooth starts paining.Only positive thing that my breath is not stinky at all.
I am dead:skeleton: I Think doctor will forced me to go for root canal.I heard they inject medicine in gums.
Ramzan is ahead only 18 days left:ermm:

Haya emaan
07-01-2012, 02:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
Has anyone here ever underwent surgery before?
yes!

How was it? What was it like?
it was nothing... just an aprox 6 inches surgical cut on the lower part of the leg to insert an aprox 3 inches plate with the help of 6 screws to join broken leg bone 'fibula'... :phew and another aprox 3 inches cut on the ankle of the same leg to join the broken parts of the ankle bone into one (i dont know what the bone is called) with the help of a one and a half inch screw and a hook :skeleton:

didn't end up here...

after a year both the procedures were repeated but this time to remove all that 'construction' material...

wanna take a look of stuff that was once part of my leg...?:hmm:
Attachment 4942

جوري
07-01-2012, 03:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cbdullahii
when females might read my post
We've pretty good idea what goes on in the OR :hmm:

Endymion
07-01-2012, 05:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haya emaan
just an aprox 6 inches surgical cut on the lower part of the leg to insert an aprox 3 inches plate with the help of 6 screws to join broken leg bone 'fibula'... and another aprox 3 inches cut on the ankle of the same leg to join the broken parts of the ankle bone into one (i dont know what the bone is called) with the help of a one and a half inch screw and a hook
Were you a heavy bike rider,Haya :omg:

format_quote Originally Posted by Pure Purple
There is no pain,no black spots but I am very scared going to doctors
My upper 8th tooth (wisdom tooth) is causing problem :exhausted Its growing towards my cheek.I visited the dentist and the only option she gave me was extraction.

But i had another option :D

Haya emaan
07-01-2012, 05:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
Were you a heavy bike rider,Haya
^o)
not me but i think the one, the cause of all that, was^o)

Endymion
07-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Hmm thats not difficult to understand who was that.Brothers are like that :skeleton:

Muhammad
07-01-2012, 10:34 PM
:sl:

Have you discussed with your doctor what the risks and benefits are of the surgery, and the pros and cons are of leaving it to heal by itself? Do you know whether the operation might need further operations in future, or its likely to only require one operation?

Remember to make Istikharah!

Pure Purple
07-02-2012, 12:47 PM
My upper 8th tooth (wisdom tooth) is causing problem Its growing towards my cheek.I visited the dentist and the only option she gave me was extraction.

But i had another option
Same here Cavity is in my wisdom tooth.:hmm:
I cannot escape sister.....
At the end I have to go to the dentist for root canal.

Endymion
07-02-2012, 02:03 PM
You better go with extraction instead of root canal,sis.Wisdom tooth is a spare tooth in your mouth and if it starts aching,you better have it removed.Root canal often start aching after 2-3 years and then you have to go with extraction with much more pain.

Pure Purple
07-02-2012, 02:23 PM
You better go with extraction instead of root canal,sis.Wisdom tooth is a spare tooth in your mouth and if it starts aching,you better have it removed.Root canal often start aching after 2-3 years and then you have to go with extraction with much more pain.
you don't know how coward I am.
last time when I visited to dentist only for a checkup ,at that time I don't had any problem.As soon as doctor put the instrument for check up,I caught her hand.imsad
dentist laughed at me.;D

Endymion
07-02-2012, 02:30 PM
Lol,my sister is even more great coward than you.She wasn't even agree to sit on the chair but then,she have her 4 teeth removed because of her braces process needed that.

patientgrace
07-02-2012, 04:44 PM
I have had surgery on my knee.

Endymion
07-02-2012, 05:33 PM
So where are the screws ^o)

جوري
07-02-2012, 06:24 PM
you know every time you pass an airport scanner you'll beep so have a letter from the doc..

Haya emaan
07-02-2012, 06:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by منوة الخيال
you know every time you pass an airport scanner you'll beep so have a letter from the doc..
that was the most interesting part of my incident.. when they sent me to the female checking room and i told them what i was carrying in my leg:p

جوري
07-02-2012, 07:04 PM
I didn't read everything here because the pages aren't loading up correctly for me, but last time I was in Utah and refused their naked body scan and they had to women feel me I threw a fit everyone could hear me and my sister just sat on a bench resigned to the fact that they were going to book us charge and imprison us.
I am sorry I refuse to be felt up and down and be quiet about it. I think it is disgusting and revolting ... ugh

Haya emaan
07-02-2012, 07:15 PM
i have heard and read about that naked scans in the west.. alhamdulillah its not like that here or in middle east...

'Abd Al-Maajid
07-02-2012, 07:35 PM
When I was about 13 years old, I had a fight with my classmate after school. We were fighting fiercely...and he hit my mouth with his iron like fist. :( And my mouth was bleeding heavily...then after couple of days there was a pimple like thing in my mouth, on the inner side of the lower lip. I had lied about it to my parents that I got hit in a bus. I saw a doctor regarding this and he said that he will have to cut it out...and what not. So I had a minor surgery.

Pure Purple
07-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Lol,my sister is even more great coward than you.She wasn't even agree to sit on the chair but then,she have her 4 teeth removed because of her braces process needed that.
Bravery award to your sister by coward pure purple.

Allah (swt) never puts any burden on a soul that is beyond its ability to bear
Keeping this in mind I am going to dentist.

Hulk
07-05-2012, 06:11 PM
Hooray for pure purple!

muslimah bird
07-05-2012, 07:25 PM
I had a minor surgery in my right toe as i suffered pain due to an inward growing toe nail and a local anaesthetic was used to reduce the pain .

Pure Purple
07-06-2012, 04:55 PM
Is anyone dentist here?I need advice

Scimitar
07-06-2012, 04:57 PM
I'm feeling very faint. Why did I come to this thread? +o(

Hulk
07-06-2012, 05:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
I'm feeling very faint. Why did I come to this thread?
Hahahaha. At first I wanted to post an actual video of surgery being carried out but I realised not everyone is going to want to see that!

جوري
07-06-2012, 06:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pure Purple
Is anyone dentist here?I need advice
Br. Asyur Nagi was a dentist here but he died imsad in a freak accident.. his brother accepted Islam and told us of his accident then disappeared ... it was very sad really.. I just came across a post by him a couple of days ago :(

Scimitar
07-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Hahahaha. At first I wanted to post an actual video of surgery being carried out but I realised not everyone is going to want to see that!
Allah bless you bro, I tell you - if you had, I would have properly been sick. No lie, I can't stomach the site of bone, blood and muscle tissue anymore... when I was a kid, I was fascinated by it. Strange but true.

Scimi

Pure Purple
07-07-2012, 12:21 PM
At first I wanted to post an actual video of surgery being carried out but I realised not everyone is going to want to see that!
Thank you for doing this favor.

Snowflake
07-07-2012, 03:13 PM
^Agree with sis Endymion

Pure Purple
07-07-2012, 04:30 PM
after X-ray report doctor suggested me to remove both of my wisdom teeth.It came out 1 year before and it is nearly 40% reached cavity.
She suggested me to go for extraction,I have an option for filling,but she said it will again start decaying after two three years,bcoz of less space available for tooth in my jaw and not having sufficient space for cleaning.And it is insignificant part ,not participating in chewing...........
I look toward my mother..........
And......
Fled away

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!