/* */

PDA

View Full Version : All about houses

Asiyah3
06-30-2012, 08:31 PM
:sl:

What things are important to you when you choose a house? The size? The location? The number of shelves? The color of walls? Lots of windows?

What things you wouldn't want and why?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
dqsunday
06-30-2012, 09:28 PM
How well its constructed, what repairs need to be done, cost of utilities (ie expected costs to heat/cool). Taxes on the land/house. Usable space for living, storage capacity. Whether it has a basement or not, how old it is and what renovations were done in past and by whom (ie just the seller of the home did the renovations or was a contractor hired).

I personally like a more open concept then a bunch of little rooms and cubicles. I also like good insulation to ward off the cold of winter and heat of summer (nice shady trees especially if the main windows face the east or west.) New wiring and plumbing is good to have especially if buying older houses. Old wiring can be a fire hazard and really old pipes may be lead. Most modern houses use PVC pipes now.

'Abd-al Latif
06-30-2012, 09:35 PM
:salamext:

It should be comfortable, accommodating and should suffice your needs (this is recommended, I'll post the details later) should be in a good Muslim community where a mosque is available and halal food is accessible. In a nutshell it should be a house that fulfils all the needs that ones accommodation can fulfil. Do not be stingy on ourself on this.

Sorry for the very brief reply, I'm using my iPhone and it's a lil difficult to type.

Haya emaan
06-30-2012, 10:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asiyah3
:sl:

What things are important to you when you choose a house? The size? The location? The number of shelves? The color of walls? Lots of windows?

What things you wouldn't want and why?
walaikumassalam
we are looking for a new house and the first thing we are considering is location.. i.e well developed but a bit quite area, easy and convenient for each family member to reach educational/work places, not too far from relatives, public survices easily available such public transport etc....
after that we see the construction of a house if it fullfils our family needs, number of rooms, utility areas, wind direction, other facilities available, and how much cost will be needed for renovation...
we also see the neighborhood...

till now we are getting problems with the second step... so considering to construct our own house according to our need and the way we want.. lets see where this all goes.. what Allah wills for us..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Asiyah3
06-30-2012, 11:10 PM
I think many homes nowadays have too much goods, clothes and other useless stuff in it. This is why you see people storing so many things in different luggages. I personally don't like it when a house is full of stuff. I wouldn't mind having a simple house either. The houses in my home country don't have sofas and they sit on the floor on mats, and also eat on the floor instead of a table. You get the 'family together' feeling. At least their rooms look spacy and fresh.

Personally, I'd hope the toilets would have to have the "water hose"-thing, and the toilet seat the western types (pic below).

Preferring...
- Doors, which don't let much noise come through, simply so it would be more quite when you need it, and easier to concentrate on studying.
- Basic white walls, not yellow, not green, not purple, no pictures like:

Source of picture

format_quote Originally Posted by dqsunday
How well its constructed
In Finland most houses are well constructed. But if I'd need a house abroad, I'd definitely have to check that. A minus I've noticed in our current house, is that the toilets don't have the hole on the floor where water goes down. It wastes time when we have to shovel the water out after washing the toilets.

I personally like a more open concept then a bunch of little rooms and cubicles.
Same, I also like a more open type. Some houses, even though they're quite big, make you feel like you're choking inside them.

Cabdullahi
06-30-2012, 11:14 PM
Any house will suffice.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!