/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone explain what this means and or can anyone quote Quran or Hadith ?

truthseeker63
07-01-2012, 12:16 PM
Can anyone explain what this means and or can anyone quote Quran or Hadith ?

He committed zinaa then he became Muslim; should he be subjected to the punishment?

If a kaafir commits zinaa (unlawful sexual intercourse) then he becomes Muslim, should the hadd punishment be carried out on him?

Praise be to Allaah.
If a dhimmi (Jew or Christian living under the protection of the Islamic state) commits zinaa then becomes Muslim, and there is evidence to prove that he did commit zinaa, the hadd punishment is no longer to be applied to him; he should not be punished by either hadd (punishment specified in sharee’ah) or ta’zeer (punishment to be specified by the qaadi or Muslim judge in a particular case). This was the view of al-Shaafa'i, based on the aayah (interpretation of the meaning):
“Say to those who have disbelieved, if they cease (from disbelief), their past will be forgiven” (al-Anfaal 8:38).
He also quoted as evidence the hadeeth of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him):
“Islam wipes out whatever came before it.” (Narrated by Muslim from ‘Amr ibn al-‘Aas).
The Qur’aan also states that the punishment for a thief or bandit is no longer applicable if they repent, so this reprieve is more applicable in the case of a kaafir (who becomes Muslim). Moreover, enforcing the punishment would put people off Islam. This is the same reason which is given by scholars for stating that a person who enters Islam does not have to make up the prayers that he has missed. And Allaah knows best.

Fataawa al-Imaam al-Nawawi, 223

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/8895

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
07-01-2012, 01:35 PM
Isn't the fatwa above has include Qur'an and hadith?

sister herb
07-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Salam alaykum;

shouldn´t we say that when someone say shahada all his sins are whipped away? Someone could tell is this true?

Scimitar
07-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Far as I know, yes, this is true. When one takes shahada, it is as if they are sinless, and from then on - its about trying to best to maintain that state and add to it by doing good deeds and keeping to the deen.

Scimi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
07-01-2012, 01:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
Salam alaykum;

shouldn´t we say that when someone say shahada all his sins are whipped away? Someone could tell is this true?
Wa alaykum salam

If you notice that fatwa above, the answer is: Yes. All the sins before entering Islam are whipped away.

That fatwa issued by Imam Al-Nawawi, a grand Imam in Shafi'i madhab who lived at 7th century Hijri. (13th century).

sister herb
07-01-2012, 02:04 PM
So then he shouldn´t punish about things he did before became muslim?

ardianto
07-01-2012, 02:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
So then he shouldn´t punish about things he did before became muslim?
I quoted it from the fatwa above.

"If a dhimmi (Jew or Christian living under the protection of the Islamic state) commits zinaa then becomes Muslim, and there is evidence to prove that he did commit zinaa, the hadd punishment is no longer to be applied to him; he should not be punished by either hadd (punishment specified in sharee’ah) or ta’zeer (punishment to be specified by the qaadi or Muslim judge in a particular case). "

Commit zinaa is big sin. If he is forgiven from the big mistake, then he is also forgiven from the small mistake.

dqsunday
07-01-2012, 05:16 PM
IF the person commits such a sin, reverts to Islam but then commits zina again, he can't just 'rejoin' Islam to avoid punishment. The Shahada isn't to be 'abused' as a get out of jail free card. In all cases Allah knows best and He sees all and knows what is in our hearts.

sister herb
07-01-2012, 05:26 PM
As I understood meaning was about that sin before shahada, not after.

truthseeker63
07-01-2012, 10:55 PM
Did any of Prophet Muhammad's Companions commit any sin or sins be it Major Sins or Minor Sins during the Days of Ignorance Jahiliyyah before they accepted Islam as their Religion and Way of Life and stopped being Pagans and or Idol Worshippers or whatever they were ? If the Pre Islamic Pagan Arabs of Arabia commited Zina did drink Alcohol or I have heard that they would bury their Female Children alive does anyone know of anything else they did ? Since if they did these things why where they not punished with the Hudud Punishments ? I also wanted to ask what about Pagan Nations where sins such as Zina Homosexuality drinking Alcohol Gambling were not seen as sins ? I have read in history that in Ancient Greece not sure about Ancient Rome but in Ancient Greece Homosexuality was viewed as normal and in Ancient North America the American Indians/Native Americans or the Pre Christian Pagan Celtic Tribes of England or the Germanic Tribes of Germany did not view Homosexuality as wrong or view Women not covering as wrong even today many Natives Gamble what would Islam do if it did spread to these Pagan lands what happens if the Pagans agree and or stop doing these sinful things and or they accept Islam ? I know Christianity and Judaism have viewed these things as sins but Nations were these Religions have spread have become very Secular what is your view ? Can anyone quote Hadith or Quran about this subject ? If not please tell me to ask a Scholar thank you ? I don't much about the history of Ancient Egypt Ancient India but I know that Ancient Israel had punishments but Im not sure if the Ancient Japanese did or not thank you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sahabah

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jahiliyyah

He committed zinaa then he became Muslim; should he be subjected to the punishment?

If a kaafir commits zinaa (unlawful sexual intercourse) then he becomes Muslim, should the hadd punishment be carried out on him?

Praise be to Allaah.
If a dhimmi (Jew or Christian living under the protection of the Islamic state) commits zinaa then becomes Muslim, and there is evidence to prove that he did commit zinaa, the hadd punishment is no longer to be applied to him; he should not be punished by either hadd (punishment specified in sharee’ah) or ta’zeer (punishment to be specified by the qaadi or Muslim judge in a particular case). This was the view of al-Shaafa'i, based on the aayah (interpretation of the meaning):
“Say to those who have disbelieved, if they cease (from disbelief), their past will be forgiven” (al-Anfaal 8:38).
He also quoted as evidence the hadeeth of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him):
“Islam wipes out whatever came before it.” (Narrated by Muslim from ‘Amr ibn al-‘Aas).
The Qur’aan also states that the punishment for a thief or bandit is no longer applicable if they repent, so this reprieve is more applicable in the case of a kaafir (who becomes Muslim). Moreover, enforcing the punishment would put people off Islam. This is the same reason which is given by scholars for stating that a person who enters Islam does not have to make up the prayers that he has missed. And Allaah knows best.

Fataawa al-Imaam al-Nawawi, 223

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/8895

Abz2000
07-02-2012, 12:19 AM
Amr ibn al-'As says:
"When Allah guided me to Islam, I went to the Prophet (saws) and said to him:
'O Prophet of Allah (saws)! Stretch out your hand so that I may pledge my allegiance to you.'
The Prophet (saws) stretched out his hand to me, but I withdrew my hand.
The Prophet (saws) asked: 'O 'Amr! What is the matter with you?'
I said: 'I would like to stipulate a condition!' The Prophet (saws) asked: 'What is it?' I said: 'That all my past sins be forgiven!'
The Prophet (saws) said: 'O 'Amr! Do you not know that (acceptance of) Islam wipes off all past sins,
and ‘Hijrah’ (migration for Allah's Cause) wipes off all sins, and Hajj (Mabrur) wipes off all past sins!"'
Related by Muslim.

When those come to you who believe in Our Signs, say: "Peace be on you!
Your Lord had inscribed for Himself (the rule of) Mercy.
Verily if any of you did evil in ignorance, and thereafter repented and amended (his conduct), Lo! He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

Quran Chapter 6 Surah Anaam verse 54

truthseeker63
07-02-2012, 01:53 AM
If a boy commited zina when he was young with another man. Whats the reason for guilt? Doenst shahada clean all past sins?Assalamu Alaikum. If a boy commited zina when he was young with another man only one time his life before becoming muslim. After shahada he cannot forget and still have guilt. Whats the reson for guilt? Doenst shahada clean all past sins?

Yes, Shahaadah cleanses all sins. There is no doubt whatsoever.

The guilt you are feeling is a natural outcome of sin. Furthermore, the evil feeling towards sin is good as that keeps one away from such a sin in future.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Mufti Muhammad Kadwa
FATWA DEPT

CHECKED & APPROVED: Mufti Ebrahim Desai

http://www.islam.tc/cgi-bin/askimam/...13892&act=view

truthseeker63
07-02-2012, 01:56 AM
Is the above Question and Answer correct this person asked about this major sin he commited before he became a Muslim ?

truthseeker63
07-02-2012, 01:56 AM
Thank you for replying.

truthseeker63
07-02-2012, 01:59 AM
The Answers you have given me are correct according to Muslims I have asked in person and by email I asked a person who judges on a Sharia court thank you.

sister herb
07-02-2012, 06:32 PM
Salam alaykum

you should contact to imam by kind of questions. Not to forums.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!