/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why should one Read Nikah Nama or Marriage certificate?

Hiraislam
07-03-2012, 06:46 AM
In Islam Shaadi is a joyous occasion in one’s life for it entwines two souls together for the rest of their lives. This phenomenon, that we have come to call as ‘shadi’, is celebrated worldwide in various different forms. Men and women belonging to different countries, religions, ethnicity, social class etc. celebrate this event as per their respective culture. I have read an article about Why should one Read Nikah Nama or Marriage certificate? from blog.naseeb.com/2012/06/why-should-i-read-my-nikah-nama/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
07-03-2012, 11:40 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Hiraislam
In Islam
Wait ..! do not say "in Islam" for a matter that contains Fiqh diversity. The nikah process that written in that blog is follow Hanafi Fiqh in Pakistani society. In Indonesia, where the Muslims are not Hanafi, the nikah process is different.

When I did nikah, I sat behind a small square desk. Beside me was my bride. In front of me were the Imam and my bride wali. At left and right, were two witnesses.

Process started with du'a by the Imam. Then my bride wali held my hand and said
"My son (my name), I make you marry my daughter (my bride name) with mahr ..."
I replied with "I accept this nikah with mahr ..... paid in cash"
Then Imam looked at the witnesses and asked them "Is the nikah valid?"
The witnesses replied with "Valid!"
Then Imam recite du'a again and gave short lecture.

My bride didn't say anything because she's not allowed to say anything.

Next process was sign the nikah certificate, that issued by Sharia institution, that contains groom and bride personal data, when and where the nikah happened, who are the Imam and witnesses. Nothing more

About agreement between husband and wife like, when they will stay, etc, cannot included in nikah certificate and should made out of nikah process.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!