/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Status Of Women In Islam

SiiDRA
07-03-2012, 06:16 PM
As-Salamu Alaykum,

In the name of Allah, the most gracious, the most merciful.

There have been many misunderstandings regarding how women are treating in Islam. There is no better way of explaining what status a woman has in Islam, than referring to the Holy book itself (Quran).

I have come across many Hadeeths and tried to find the one that would show exactly what I am trying to bring across in this message. “…And live with them in kindness…” (Quran 4:19)

The prophet Muhammad (PBUH) instructed all men to be good to their wives and show affection towards them. He said that the most perfect of believers in belief is the best of them in character. The best of you are those who are the best to their women. This itself shows how much consideration that he had towards this topic.

People do mistake Islamic teachings with what the cultures teach, people don't see how women are mistreated nearly everywhere. What we need to look at here is the fact that Islam gives so much respect to women, however the religion today is not shown in a very positive way. Do not paint a negative picture of something (Islam) just by hearing what people say or what the media shows you, do your research and read the Quran if you want the TRUTH ..

I have also come across this Hadeeth and thought it would be perfect to describe what the prophet (PBUH) felt about a pious women. The prophet (PBUH) said, "the whole world is a provision and the best object of benefit of the world is a pious woman"

The status of a believing woman in Islam:
When she is a daughter, she opens the door of jannah for her father
When she is a wife she completes half of the deen of her husband
When she is a mother jannah lies under her feet

I hope this made sense to you and helped

May Allah guide us to his Jannah

Ameen

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
muslimah bird
07-03-2012, 07:14 PM
This part was simply Wonderful .Masha Allah.

Santoku
07-03-2012, 10:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SiiDRA
As-Salamu Alaykum,

In the name of Allah, the most gracious, the most merciful.

There have been many misunderstandings regarding how women are treating in Islam. There is no better way of explaining what status a woman has in Islam, than referring to the Holy book itself (Quran).

I have come across many Hadeeths and tried to find the one that would show exactly what I am trying to bring across in this message. “…And live with them in kindness…” (Quran 4:19)

The prophet Muhammad (PBUH) instructed all men to be good to their wives and show affection towards them. He said that the most perfect of believers in belief is the best of them in character. The best of you are those who are the best to their women. This itself shows how much consideration that he had towards this topic.

People do mistake Islamic teachings with what the cultures teach, people don't see how women are mistreated nearly everywhere. What we need to look at here is the fact that Islam gives so much respect to women, however the religion today is not shown in a very positive way. Do not paint a negative picture of something (Islam) just by hearing what people say or what the media shows you, do your research and read the Quran if you want the TRUTH ..

I have also come across this Hadeeth and thought it would be perfect to describe what the prophet (PBUH) felt about a pious women. The prophet (PBUH) said, "the whole world is a provision and the best object of benefit of the world is a pious woman"

I hope this made sense to you and helped

May Allah guide us to his Jannah

Ameen

What about women who do not follow Islam and non-pious muslim women?

Scimitar
07-03-2012, 10:48 PM

Masha-Allah

Scimi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
07-03-2012, 10:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Santoku
What about women who do not follow Islam and non-pious muslim women?
They've their own threads under, non-pious women status in secularia and non-Muslim women status in (fill in the choice religion/ideology)

Santoku
07-04-2012, 10:37 PM
The titleof the thread is "status of women in Islam" the only status that has been defined is that of pious muslim women who, naturally, are well regarded, there are other women whose status is not defined. What is their status in Islam?

جوري
07-04-2012, 10:39 PM
The titleof the thread is "status of women in Islam" the only status that has been defined is that of pious muslim women who, naturally, are well regarded, there are other women whose status is not defined. What is their status in Islam?
Which part of my original reply was difficult for you to understand?

Paprika
07-05-2012, 07:39 AM
It should work both ways no?

ardianto
07-05-2012, 09:04 AM
"And of His signs is that He created for you from yourselves mates that you may find tranquillity in them; and He placed between you affection and mercy. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought."
(Ar-Rum 21)

Actually, this is ayaah about marriage. But it can show position of women in Islam, as life-mate for men.

Santoku
07-14-2012, 04:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by منوة الخيال
Which part of my original reply was difficult for you to understand?
None of it.

I read the title of the thread as "Status Of Women In Islam " Since the title mentions women in general and only one group of women is actually mentioned I naturally assumed that there were omissions, silly me, I should have realised that the title of the thread was actually "The status of pious muslim women in Islam."

جوري
07-14-2012, 04:50 PM
None of it.

I read the title of the thread as "Status Of Women In Islam " Since the title mentions women in general and only one group of women is actually mentioned I naturally assumed that there were omissions, silly me, I should have realised that the title of the thread was actually "The status of pious muslim women in Islam."
You're silly on that much we agree.
Islam already assumes women who like to be labeled Muslim as adherents otherwise what is the point?
You can always start a thread on the status of wh0res, this thread isn't about that. Those who don't choose Islam define their own status & place in life and are pretty much on their own. What does western society do for these women in your opinion outside of enabling them under the guise of some sort of freedom?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!