/* */

PDA

View Full Version : prayer rug---for a little girl

جوري
07-04-2012, 11:01 PM
I want to get this or similar for my youngest niece

can someone please help me find one.
This one costs $39 and to be quite frank I don't want to spend more than $20~$25 max on one..

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
07-04-2012, 11:09 PM
While searching for a more reasonably priced prayer rug I found these awesome Islamic wall decals ..
nice
http://www.muslim-shop.com/WALL-TATTOOS:::976.html

and
http://www.simplyimpressions.com/

PouringRain
07-04-2012, 11:37 PM
This one is similar and it is $25 http://muslimbookmark.com/hand-made-...ug-p-2084.html

I came across the oddest site.... http://sajadahgaya.itrademarket.com/...imajinatif.htm

Praying on a rug with Minnie Mouse, Dora, Bob the Builder, etc. seems sacreligious.

جوري
07-04-2012, 11:49 PM
^^^ thank you so so much.. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
07-04-2012, 11:52 PM
I am trying to get her interested in prayers. I know that colorful rugs completely defeats the purpose but in the mind of a child to learn that this is her private time with Allah swt that she can exercise some control, that she can do like adults and can make dua to me is more important for now.. When she's old enough hopefully in shaa Allah she'll graduate to looking past that to what it actually means but it is important for now to at least establish the habit..

thanks again..

patientgrace
07-05-2012, 12:56 AM
[Praying on a rug with Minnie Mouse, Dora, Bob the Builder, etc. seems sacreligious.[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree with you on that one, PouringRain... or even Barbie? :hmm:

جوري
07-05-2012, 01:05 AM
They're probably made in China.. they've no clue what the religion is all about.. While searching I found out that they attacked a place for ''suspicious activities' and it was just kids being taught how to pray...
I am so appalled by everything now a days.. imsad

ardianto
07-05-2012, 06:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PouringRain
Sajadah gaya = stylish prayer rug

PouringRain
07-05-2012, 01:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Sajadah gaya = stylish prayer rug
Thanks for the translation!

Do people actually buy those, and if so, what is the thought behind buying a prayer rug with a cartoon character on it?

For myself, I would be concerned about teaching my children idolotry, by having them bow before an image. I realize that the child is not being overtly taught to worship Minnie Mouse (well, some kids do), but the act of bowing in prayer while kneeling on am image of Minnie Mouse, is placing an image before the child. The image of Minnie will be in the child's eyes and in the child's mind while praying.

ardianto
07-05-2012, 01:16 PM
Do people actually buy those,
Maybe. I don't have daughters. But I notice, my relatives daughters never use prayer rug like that.

My sons never use stylish prayer rug too. They always use "traditional style".

Endymion
07-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Aww that is sho cute,i also want one :statisfie Mashallah your niece is indeed lucky to have such a wondrful aunt.May Allah swt reward you for your effort :wub:

I have a very beautiful prayer rug my dad's boss brought for us from Makkah.I keep it hidden in the store room so no one can offer prayer on it,it will get dirty :nervous: And i have a tasbeeh as well,i only recite durood on it :D

patientgrace
07-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the translation!

Do people actually buy those, and if so, what is the thought behind buying a prayer rug with a cartoon character on it?

For myself, I would be concerned about teaching my children idolotry, by having them bow before an image. I realize that the child is not being overtly taught to worship Minnie Mouse (well, some kids do), but the act of bowing in prayer while kneeling on am image of Minnie Mouse, is placing an image before the child. The image of Minnie will be in the child's eyes and in the child's mind while praying.
That is an interesting way to think about it... I never thought about it until you said that. My children always had a cartoon character that they loved growing up, so when they were hooked on one character they wanted the bed sheets, the posters, and even the close with the characters on them... again, thank you for putting that into perspective for me!

patientgrace
07-05-2012, 06:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Maybe. I don't have daughters. But I notice, my relatives daughters never use prayer rug like that.

My sons never use stylish prayer rug too. They always use "traditional style".
I have seen more lavish ones myself. I think traditional style is more appropriate for a prayer rug. Simplicity never allows other things to get in the way. If you keep it simple and plain, it will not take away the sole purpose of they prayer rug, you can devote that time to prayer as it should be instead of who has the fanciest and most lavish prayer rug. :statisfie

جوري
07-05-2012, 06:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by patientgrace
Simplicity never allows other things to get in the way
very true.. you don't want anything to distract from prayers...
for children however it is important to establish the habit first..

muslimah bird
07-05-2012, 06:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by منوة الخيال
I want to get this or similar for my youngest niece

can someone please help me find one.
This one costs $39 and to be quite frank I don't want to spend more than $20~$25 max on one..

:w:

Sis ,Correct me if i am wrong . A Prayer rug must not contain pictures of living thing ie the bees that are there in the design . I have been told that prayer isnt accepted if one wears clothes with a picture of a living thing on it

جوري
07-05-2012, 06:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah bird
Sis ,Correct me if i am wrong . A Prayer rug must not contain pictures of living thing ie the bees that are there in the design . I have been told that prayer isnt accepted if one wears clothes with a picture of a living thing on it
You're not wrong.. the one I got her has only a mosque and flowers.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!