/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it Halal

Bayinah
07-05-2012, 07:07 AM
Can a Muslim brother in need of revenue work in a pig slaughter house??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Bayinah
07-05-2012, 07:08 AM
Asalamualaykum warahmatullah taala wabarakatuhu

Aprender
07-05-2012, 07:15 AM
:sl:
Are there any other options out there for work? Maybe even a bakery? :hmm:

I was reading a few years ago that inhaling the particles from pig brain matter is enough to cause an illness in those slaughterhouses. Progressive Inflammatory Neuropathy I think it's called.

Perhaps another member can come and give you a scholarly ruling on this matter but I do pray that you can find another option.

Bayinah
07-05-2012, 07:36 AM
I hope so..
Jazaalah Khair

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
07-05-2012, 08:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bayinah
Can a Muslim brother in need of revenue work in a pig slaughter house??
Many ulama have issued fatawa, forbidden for Muslims to work in place that sell haram stuff, like alcohol, and also pork.

I cannot say haram or halal in this matter. But based from ulama fatawa, very possible work in pig slaughter house is haram for Muslims.

muslimah bird
07-05-2012, 06:52 PM
I second brother ardianto. As the slaughter house is involved in haraam activties , it would likely be haraam and best to keep away from such work

Bayinah
07-06-2012, 06:18 AM
Jazakallah khair brothers..

Bayinah
07-06-2012, 06:20 AM
And sister of course*

Hiraislam
07-06-2012, 07:42 AM
Helping others in need is good but I am not sure to help such person who is not doing halal work.

muslimah bird
07-06-2012, 07:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hiraislam
Helping others in need is good but I am not sure to help such person who is not doing halal work.
Yes I dont think we should help someone who is going to the wrong path , but we should advise him and make him come to the right path

Marina-Aisha
07-06-2012, 07:55 PM
ummm sorry to high jack ur thread but my work place will be soon selling wine and beer....i have been loooking for a job for some time as knew soon we would at some point sell it but its totally bad right? which sucks cos ive only converted a couple months ago so if i do have to do it im commiting big sin!right?

muslimah bird
07-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Yes, it is not permissible under any circumstances whatsoever for a Muslim to sell evil things to people, even to non-Muslims, because by doing that he is participating in the spread of sin and cooperating in disobedience to Allaah and going against His commands.

So, Strive to look for good and halaal work. May Allaah to guide you to what is true and good.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!